Religion and Politics

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
I didn't ask for a source that aligns with my view. I am an Australian, not an American, I couldn't give two hints of a **** about that country.

SkyNews is not a trustworthy source. No different to if you posted something from the Sun, or some other absolute trash bag news outlet.

I can't have a reasonable discussion about something if I don't at least know what I'm supposed to be discussing.

If you can’t get through 60 seconds of one of their videos how could you determine they are trustworthy or not? and if you did get through more then 60 seconds of the video you would know what the question was about. It was a simple one as well

That’s that open minded thing I was speaking about earlier.
The fact that I can hear both sides without getting butt hurt is enough evidence that I’m not all about that trump way of thinking

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If you can’t get through 60 seconds of one of their videos how could you determine they are trustworthy or not? and if you did get through more then 60 seconds of the video you would know what the question was about. It was a simple one as well

That’s that open minded thing I was speaking about earlier.
The fact that I can hear both sides without getting butt hurt is enough evidence that I’m not all about that trump way of thinking

You're asking me to be open minded to the Murdoch media like I've never seen Sky before? You're not actually doing a very good job of helping this discussion. If this was worth discussing, and not just some other News Ltd crackpot BS, then why can't you just find the same points from somewhere that reports the news for what it is?

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
You're asking me to be open minded to the Murdoch media like I've never seen Sky before? You're not actually doing a very good job of helping this discussion. If this was worth discussing, and not just some other News Ltd crackpot BS, then why can't you just find the same points from somewhere that reports the news for what it is?

Look I’ll save you the hassle of having to watch a 5 minute clip. They were basically saying that there is voters fraud. I just asked what would happen legally if this was true.

I wasn’t agreeing with them or supporting them just simply asking a question. See how simple it is when the thought of an opposing opinion isn’t fabricated.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Look I’ll save you the hassle of having to watch a 5 minute clip. They were basically saying that there is voters fraud. I just asked what would happen legally if this was true.

I wasn’t agreeing with them or supporting them just simply asking a question. See how simple it is when the thought of an opposing opinion isn’t fabricated.

Apart from the fact that there is no evidence to suggest any voter fraud, each state would handle is differently. The voter fraud argument comes up at every election. Have they mentioned dead people voting yet?

The only people that seem to be claiming some fraud is Trump and his buds.

Alec

International Rep
There's bullshit like that which comes up with every election. Last time it was Russian hackers. I don't think anything comes out of it. I'm looking forward to what the losing side comes up with next time though.

Last edited:

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
Apart from the fact that there is no evidence to suggest any voter fraud, each state would handle is differently. The voter fraud argument comes up at every election. Have they mentioned dead people voting yet?

The only people that seem to be claiming some fraud is Trump and his buds.

There’s a lot of claims and videos they are alleging back up their theories. That wasn’t the part I was interested in. I was more interested in what the process would be if these claims were found to be true. NOT SAYING THEY ARE

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
There’s a lot of claims and videos they are alleging back up their theories. That wasn’t the part I was interested in. I was more interested in what the process would be if these claims were found to be true. NOT SAYING THEY ARE
Here's my take from all the stuff I've been seeing over the last few days... Noting I am definitely no expert in US elections or the legal proceedings so if there are legal eagles feel free to let me know... and if I'm completely off the mark I can delete this post 👍

If the claims are found to be true, I think it would effectively mean votes found to have been cast illegally would just be removed from the total.

If a ballot box was tampered with or different things like that they just remove those votes from the total, but they need to present that in court and get a judge to rule in their favour to remove them.. so in Michigan for instance Biden is currently leading by 150,000 votes or so... in order for Trump to turn that result he would need to prove that over 150,000 votes were cast illegally. Seems improbable to be able to prove that many ballot boxes, false votes, etc. were cast to influence a vote to that level. So he's not really caring about Michigan.

To go further, Fox / Sky is effectively indicating that the democrats have conspired to commit voter fraud on a mass scale. Although they have no physical evidence (hear say only). Even if they do somehow prove this and the democrats were found guilty, it would only be the people actually involved in it that go to jail, and I believe it would only be the fraudulent votes that are removed (i.e the vote goes ahead as normal but fraudulent votes are removed from the count, it doesn't mean the whole vote is null and void).

The main states in play are:
- Pennsylvania (Biden currently leading by ~37,000) - 20 votes
- Arizona (Biden currently leading by ~19,000) - 11 votes
- Georgia (Biden leading by ~9,000 - automatic recount*) - 16 votes
- Nevada (Biden leading by ~28,000) - 6 votes
- Wisconsin (Biden leading by ~20,000 - Republicans requested a recount*) - 10 votes
* recounts only typically change a few 100 votes and sometimes the party is required to pay for the recount

Biden is anticipated to get as high as 306 electoral votes, but only needs 270. So based on the levels that Biden is currently leading the level of conspiracy would need to be on a mass scale, across multiple states and in the order of several 10,000's of votes to impact on the result.

And even if they do somehow prove the democrats are behind a conspiracy for voter fraud Biden may still get enough votes after illegal votes are removed (level above would need to be huge amounts of votes getting removed).. and if Biden isn't involved he still becomes president.

If they somehow prove a conspiracy and prove Biden is involved then he gets impeached and the next inline becomes president (if they have eough votes after fraud votes are removed)... although if they get to that level it would probably incite a civil war!!

So it seems highly unlikely Trump can overturn enough votes to win the election (would have to remove 10,000's of votes through the courts across multiple states)... also noting that the states have to formally nominate who they are giving their votes to by around mid-December to allow inaugurations, etc. to happen in January (i.e. Pennsylvania formally give their 20 votes to Biden, Texas formally give their 38 votes to Trump, etc.).

I think the only reason they're still going down this path is because Trump has now committed to it. He doesn't want to look weak to his supporters, even though it doesn't really matter anymore because he's no longer going to be president and he's probably not going to be in politics anymore (although he's basically a republican kingmaker and could force his way into their decision making process given how much influence he has over the republican base).

It looks completely pointless to continue down this path given the numbers he's losing by, but he will commit to never conceding so he can claim that he never lost.

I have a theory as to why they even started going down this path in the first place, but that's probably another 1000 words and nobody wants that right now 🙃

Last edited:

The Fisherman

QCup Player
Here's my take from all the stuff I've been seeing over the last few days... Noting I am definitely no expert in US elections or the legal proceedings so if there are legal eagles feel free to let me know... and if I'm completely off the mark I can delete this post 👍

If the claims are found to be true, I think it would effectively mean votes found to have been cast illegally would just be removed from the total.

If a ballot box was tampered with or different things like that they just remove those votes from the total, but they need to present that in court and get a judge to rule in their favour to remove them.. so in Michigan for instance Biden is currently leading by 150,000 votes or so... in order for Trump to turn that result he would need to prove that over 150,000 votes were cast illegally. Seems implausible to be able to prove that many ballot boxes, false votes, etc. were cast to influence a vote to that level. So he's not really caring about Michigan.

To go further, Fox / Sky is effectively indicating that the democrats have conspired to commit voter fraud on a mass scale. Although they have no physical evidence (hear say only). Even if they do somehow prove this and the democrats were found guilty, it would only be the people actually involved in it that go to jail, and I believe it would only be the fraudulent votes that are removed (i.e the vote goes ahead as normal but fraudulent votes are removed from the count, it doesn't mean the whole vote is null and void).

The main states in play are:
- Pennsylvania (Biden currently leading by ~37,000) - 20 votes
- Arizona (Biden currently leading by ~19,000) - 11 votes
- Georgia (Biden leading by ~9,000 - going to a recount*) - 16 votes
- Nevada (Biden leading by ~28,000) - 6 votes
- Wisconsin (Biden leading by ~20,000 - going to a recount*) - 10 votes
* recounts only typically change a few 100 votes and sometimes the party is required to pay for the recount

Biden is anticipated to get as high as 306 electoral votes, but only needs 270. So based on the levels that Biden is currently leading the level of conspiracy would need to be on a mass scale, across multiple states and in the order of several 10,000's of votes to impact on the result.

And even if they do somehow prove the democrats are behind a conspiracy for voter fraud Biden may still get enough votes after illegal votes are removed (level above would need to be huge amounts of votes getting removed).. and if Biden isn't involved he still becomes president.

If they somehow prove a conspiracy and prove Biden is involved then he gets impeached and the next inline becomes president (if they have eough votes after fraud votes are removed)... although if they get to that level it would probably incite a civil war!!

So it seems highly unlikely Trump can overturn enough votes to win the election (would have to remove 10,000's of votes through the courts across multiple states)... also noting that the states have to formally nominate who they are giving their votes to by around mid-December to allow inaugurations, etc. to happen in January (i.e. Pennsylvania formally give their 20 votes to Biden, Texas formally give their 38 votes to Trump, etc.).

I think the only reason they're still going down this path is because Trump has now committed to it. He doesn't want to look weak to his supporters, even though it doesn't really matter anymore because he's no longer going to be president and he's probably not going to be in politics anymore (although he's basically a republican kingmaker and could force his way into their decision making process given how much influence he has over the republican base).

It looks completely pointless to continue down this path given the numbers he's losing by, but he will commit to never conceding so he can claim that he never lost.

I have a theory as to why they even started going down this path in the first place, but perhaps this isn't the place to mention that at this stage 🙃
Pretty well written for a non lawyer

Socnorb

NRL Captain
s
Thought it was finally over and done with until I watched this

What do you mean ? I’m genuinely wondering what would happen
C'mon man Rowan Dean ? Really?
I know you hate when I join your conversations, but there's voter fraud at every election, it's just that it now ties into Trumps clumsy setup of a stolen election. He knew he was going to lose, so he started setting up months ago. The point is no one cares about what he think , he's getting no traction.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
s

C'mon man Rowan Dean ? Really?

I know you hate when I join your conversations, but there's voter fraud at every election, it's just that it now ties into Trumps clumsy setup of a stolen election. He knew he was going to lose, so he started setting up months ago. The point is no one cares about what he think , he's getting no traction.

Lol I know the bloke is a clown nearly literally if you added a red nose.

I don’t hate when you join the conversation you are ok in my books. I honestly don’t think there is much foundation to trumps claims either, the legal side of it just interests me for some reason. No doubt it will be a interning couple of weeks ahead.

johnyE

NYC Player
sunshine Coast
Look FFS Trump is taking a shotgun to the shed wall and then painting targets around the bullet holes. He is the only fraud in this US election and now he's like a carcass swinging in the breeze and the sycophantic suck holes that follow him won't cut him down . He must be demented, he can't string a coherent sentence together. Donald Trump- You're Fired !

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Lol you are carrying on like a bitch as well. Once again in Capital letters so you don’t miss it. I AM NOT AGREEING WITH WHAT THEY ARE SAYING, NOR DO I THINK IT IS FACTUAL I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. Are you actually that narrow minded that you can’t help but jump to conclusions at the slightest hint of something that doesn’t line up with you? I am actually going for Biden, so yeah I’ll be more then ok
Of course you go for Biden. I was merely asking innocent questions my dear sealion.
Would the answers look something like this after deciphering your cryptic angry yelling...?
- Not really
- Probably not
- Desperately
- Definitely not

roo-ted

NRL Player
Up there on ya right
Of course you go for Biden. I was merely asking innocent questions my dear sealion.
Would the answers look something like this after deciphering your cryptic angry yelling...?
- Not really
- Probably not
- Desperately
- Definitely not

Sea lion I like that

Look mate if you are offering a hug I’ll happily take you up on your offer. Anything past that I just simply ask that we don’t make eye contact and never speak of it again

Santa

BRL Player
It's actually quite smart what he's doing. By casting doubt on the whole process and result, he is setting up himself (or one of his kids) for a run in 2024... All these voters who feel robbed now, will be quite passionate in 4 years.

Midean

NRL Player
NSW
It's actually quite smart what he's doing. By casting doubt on the whole process and result, he is setting up himself (or one of his kids) for a run in 2024... All these voters who feel robbed now, will be quite passionate in 4 years.
Kanye gonna be pres in 2024.

Cant wait to see what happens when a bi-polar schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur that believes he has been directed by God himself has control of the largest nuclear arsenal on earth. Good times.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
That was 34 years ago. I've seen plenty of people turn into real scumbags in that timeframe, but the more I hear about more Biden, the more I keep hearing he's a pretty decent bloke that wants what's best for the people he serves.

There's still something about him I just don't trust, though. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Midean

NRL Player
NSW
That was 34 years ago. I've seen plenty of people turn into real scumbags in that timeframe, but the more I hear about more Biden, the more I keep hearing he's a pretty decent bloke that wants what's best for the people he serves.

There's still something about him I just don't trust, though. I can't quite put my finger on it.
He is a politician, your instincts are working perfectly fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penza

Members online

Twitter