Religion and Politics

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
It's difficult to say. Trump's position, supporting an American's constitutional right to spread a deadly virus so others can die too, free from government interference is in the American social & political DNA. However, I feel Democrats might temper that position a little if only because it's harder to spend money when you're dead.

Who knows? I guess we will soon find out once Biden implements his strategy for a national response to COVID after Trump returns to playing golf full time.
It’s unlike me to stick up for Trump but saying he will return to playing golf full time is incredibly reductive and insulting in terms of how he spends his time. He also spends a lot of time eating junk food and sexually assaulting people.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
can only really talk hypothetically here because whats happened has happened but do you think that democrat lead states would have been on board with anything he put forward?
hell they cant even get a stimulus package passed at this stage.
That's mainly because the Republican party refuses to vote on it, and went on holidays instead.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
According to the cdc only 6% of covid deaths are purely from covid. Up to 94% are from co-morbility. 6% of 272,000 is roughly 16,000. That's actually lower than normal flu seasons.

This one has been refuted too if you bother to fact-check. It says 6% of deaths are made up of people who were overwhelmingly healthy with no medical conditions. Ie, the "i'm healthy, i'll be fine and don't need to wear a mask" brigade. The other 94% had another contributing factor, ie, obesity, or in the case of many, being old. They have only been addeed to Covid deaths if Covid was the primary cause of death and they would not have died had they not contracted it.

For example, by your "94%" criteria, someone who died in a car crash who was overweight should not count towards the car crash statistics, as they had a pre-existing condition that could have lessened their chance of survival.

Last edited:

dazzat99

QCup Player
Here's an article you can read, with just a sample of the criminals Trump surrounds himself with.

www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/20/steve-bannon-arrest-list-of-trumps-ex-associates-who-have-faced-charges.html

Even the total waste of time and money Mueller report put 7 of his cronies in jail.
If you know anything about these cases, they are all political - the corrupt swamp doing its thing against the agent of change - Trump. You are a mental slave to propaganda.
Michael Flynn and Roger Stone were exonerated - but of course they are still listed. Pathetic.
And watching tv. And tweeting.
Intelligent debate.

Xzei

NRL Player
That's mainly because the Republican party refuses to vote on it, and went on holidays instead.
actually both sides are at fault the dem side wanted 2.2 trillion but the republicans wanted 500 billion from what i understand,rather than either side giving ground there country suffers.

Xzei

NRL Player
It's difficult to say. Trump's position, supporting an American's constitutional right to spread a deadly virus so others can die too, free from government interference is in the American social & political DNA. However, I feel Democrats might temper that position a little if only because it's harder to spend money when you're dead.

Who knows? I guess we will soon find out once Biden implements his strategy for a national response to COVID after Trump returns to playing golf full time.
i dont see alot changing to be honest red states are going to keep on doing what they are already doing regardless of a national strategy imo.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
According to the cdc only 6% of covid deaths are purely from covid. Up to 94% are from co-morbility. 6% of 272,000 is roughly 16,000. That's actually lower than normal flu seasons.
Now you're just parroting the people who try to exploit an information fragment from a site / organisation they normally distrust, to convey a fallacy that suits their agenda.
As others already said, flu and for that matter, most other infectious diseases outside of haemorrhagic fevers, kill because of co-morbidities, either because the body's defenses are weakened, or by exacerbating existing conditions.

What those people fail to mention is that most of those co-morbidities would not have caused a short-term hospitalisation, much less death, without the COVID 19 infection.
According to meta analysis studies, the 2 most common comorbidities amongst the people that died due to COVID are hypertension (56.8%), followed by diabetes (31.2%), which nowadays are easily controllable conditions with which people live long lives!
This is why deaths where COVID had a determining impact are counted, and other deaths are not.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun

They have golf courses in the Federal "retreats" he's most likely to end at...?

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
If you know anything about these cases, they are all political - the corrupt swamp doing its thing against the agent of change - Trump. You are a mental slave to propaganda.
Michael Flynn and Roger Stone were exonerated - but of course they are still listed. Pathetic.

Intelligent debate.
Yep, this year, the president pardoned not 1 but 3 turkeys. Two of those were convicted criminals. Political? Not really, convicted by the same federal courts, as I understand it, of federal criminal offences, the same courts Trump is using to try to disenfranchise American voters. Ironic and pathetic.

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
i dont see alot changing to be honest red states are going to keep on doing what they are already doing regardless of a national strategy imo.

Well, the assumption would most likely be that a national COVID management strategy would focus on cooperation and coordination, say, "nationalizing the medical logistics system and executing a national testing strategy."

I can't see how that is a partisan issue on the assumption that Americans call themselves a nation in more than name only. Hopefully, Biden's national COVID strategy will reduce some of the suffering Trump's failures have inflicted on the American people.

Or, as put earlier this year: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...coronavirus-strategy-will-cost-lives-n1175126

(I know, I know, NBC news is an atheist communist black lesbian feminist rag)

"This is not a partisan issue," said Kenneth Bernard, a retired Navy rear admiral and biosecurity expert who served in the administrations of Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. "There needs to be a central command presence on this. There needs to be a person who can act as a focal point for tests, personal protective equipment and countermeasures — acquisition and distribution. Right now, it's too fragmented and fractured, and that's counterproductive, because the states are competing against the federal government for the same sources of materials."

I'm so glad I live in Australia, as I'm sure does dazza.

Last edited:

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
You're lying. They were not exonerated.

Roger Stone is still a convicted felon (one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering), although he had his sentence commuted by Trump.

Michael Flynn was pardoned in yet another abuse of power by, you guessed it... the orange toddler again, after he plead guilty to lying to the FBI about contact with a Russian official in regards to the 2016 election.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
actually both sides are at fault the dem side wanted 2.2 trillion but the republicans wanted 500 billion from what i understand,rather than either side giving ground there country suffers.
Yes you're right, I stand corrected. Instead of pushing through supreme court picks they should have been working on this though.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
You're lying. They were not exonerated.

Roger Stone is still a convicted felon (one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering), although he had his sentence commuted by Trump.

Michael Flynn was pardoned in yet another abuse of power by, you guessed it... the orange toddler again, after he plead guilty to lying to the FBI about contact with a Russian official in regards to the 2016 election.
In crazy land, "pardoned by the guy you committed the crimes for" and "exonerated" mean the same thing.

Xzei

NRL Player
(I know, I know, NBC news is an atheist communist black lesbian feminist rag)
i avoid alot of in now on either side been reading glenn greenwald a bit seems to be a bit more level headed was interested on other ppls opinions on him

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
i avoid alot of in now on either side been reading glenn greenwald a bit seems to be a bit more level headed was interested on other ppls opinions on him
Glenn Greenwald has a big flaw in my opinion, which is that his obsession against war, no matter how justified, clouds his judgment.

I don't care which side the information comes from, as long as it is factual, relevant and complete.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesmerise

Twitter