Religion and Politics

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
This guy literally waving people in...

Was he really a cop? I mean I wouldn't be surprised either way. I couldn't help but wonder about the overall security arrangements and what were the staffing measures, what was the expectation and what contingencies they planned for.

You'd have to believe a bomb strike, an automatic machine gun(s) attack, handguns, gas just about anything may happen given the frenzy Agent Orange had whipped up. I struggled to understand how easily they strolled into the building.

Xzei

NRL Player
Was it true that the 1100 national guard ppl called in were unarmed?
I kinda remember reading that on CNN.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
every time i see the footage of the woman who claims she was maced, but had the onion in her hand; i can't help but laugh

first off she complains about being maced, then when asked why she was there she said "we're storming the capital it's a revolution" ... I don't know why she thought that in a "revolution" she would face no resistance and that the people she was attacking wouldn't fight back, lol

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Was he really a cop? I mean I wouldn't be surprised either way. I couldn't help but wonder about the overall security arrangements and what were the staffing measures, what was the expectation and what contingencies they planned for.

You'd have to believe a bomb strike, an automatic machine gun(s) attack, handguns, gas just about anything may happen given the frenzy Agent Orange had whipped up. I struggled to understand how easily they strolled into the building.
Apparently they only had 25% of available staff on despite the warnings.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Apparently they only had 25% of available staff on despite the warnings.
Well, I just listened to the Gov ofMaryland and he related the facts at the time. He said he was called but couldn't get clearance/authority to act. He simply couldn't get through. Steny Hoyer and Schumer were in the building pleading with the Gov of Maryland to send in their troops but he couldn't raise anyone in the Trump administration.

The Gov of Maryland finally got a phone call 90 minutes later to give them the go ahead. When you listen to Trumps most recent speech he says he 'immediately' sent the troops in but that's a blatant lie. I actually think he knew what was happening and wanted it to continue.

Basically I think he may have even planned it. I know that's as close to crazytown as I dare go but jesus, he sure looks like he was a party to this insanity.

Last edited:

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Well, I just listened to the guy in charge of the National Guard and he related the facts at the time. He said he was called but couldn't get clearance/authority to act. He simply couldn't get through. Steny Hoyer and Schumer were in the building pleading with the Gov of Maryland to send in their troops but he couldn't raise anyone in the Trump administration.

The Gov of Maryland finally got a phone call 90 minutes later to give them the go ahead. When you listen to Trumps most recent speech he says he 'immediately' sent the troops in but that's a blatant lie. I actually think he knew what was happening and wanted it to continue. Basically I think he may have even planned it. I know that's as close to crazytown as I dare go but jesus, he sure looks like he was a party to this insanity.
It will be interesting to see if a forensic investigation into the days events throws up a criminal act by Trump. Even if it does I am not sure Biden will push it because he wants to heal the divisions.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
The sooner Trumps gone the better. I personally would like to see him hounded until his earthly departure for making fraudulent claims concerning both the election and impeding the scientific and medical community with it's fight against covid.

I don't think much will happen between now and Biden taking over but it's possible something may happen in civil actions in coming years.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
every time i see the footage of the woman who claims she was maced, but had the onion in her hand; i can't help but laugh

first off she complains about being maced, then when asked why she was there she said "we're storming the capital it's a revolution" ... I don't know why she thought that in a "revolution" she would face no resistance and that the people she was attacking wouldn't fight back, lol

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Chris Wallace has said that the Chief of the Capital Police, the SGT of Arms for the Senate and the SGT of Arms for the House have all resigned due to the riot on Wednesday

The Fisherman

QCup Player

Yep, shes a dumb as dogshit bitch alright, one of these types that can't understand that if you punch me in the face I might just punch you back

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow

The Inaction of Capitol Police Was by Design

"According to the Associated Press, the Capitol Police knew about the potential threat of the riot days before it took place, but rejected offers of help from the National Guard and the FBI. Officials said that they wanted to avoid using federal force against Americans, as they had done this summer. The choice to turn down help amid warnings of an insurrection is as revealing as it is disturbing: Why did law enforcement assume that they’d encounter violence from protesters marching for Black lives in June, but think that a largely white crowd of pro-Trump extremists and conspiracy theorists would remain peaceful? The difference in the Capitol Police’s response shocked many who bemoaned the double standard. But police brutality against Black Americans and police inaction toward white Americans is not some surprising anomaly; it is the status quo."

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Bangalow
The sooner Trumps gone the better. I personally would like to see him hounded until his earthly departure for making fraudulent claims concerning both the election and impeding the scientific and medical community with it's fight against covid.

I don't think much will happen between now and Biden taking over but it's possible something may happen in civil actions in coming years

I think their GUNS should have been fired 😉

Bring it on ...

Voting Machine Manufacturer Dominion Sues Sidney Powell for $1.3 Billion​

"On Friday, Dominion released the Kraken on former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell. For months, Powell has made numerous conspiratorial allegations against the voting machine manufacturer—in public and in court. Now, Dominion is accusing Powell of defamation and seeking $1.3 billion in damages."

https://gizmodo.com/voting-machine-...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-01-08

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich

Bring it on ...

Voting Machine Manufacturer Dominion Sues Sidney Powell for $1.3 Billion​

"On Friday, Dominion released the Kraken on former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell. For months, Powell has made numerous conspiratorial allegations against the voting machine manufacturer—in public and in court. Now, Dominion is accusing Powell of defamation and seeking $1.3 billion in damages."

https://gizmodo.com/voting-machine-...tter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-01-08
Well, I expected there had to be consequences from making such statements but I didn't expect it to be $1,300,000,000!!!!! Considering how many high profile people made these or similar claims Dominion might not have to sell or service another machine!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.