Religion and Politics

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
This is a link to the complaint by Dominion, even the first eight pages make for interesting reading.

I read through the first ten pages and there's little doubt about Dominions intent to clear their name. I haven't had much to do with affidavits so I'd ask 'would this be similar to an affidavit lodged in Australia' ?

It's just that some of it seemed a bit more like a bhq post and less like a statement of the facts as perceived. I'm only comparing it to some of my own (or at least some about me) contained in a decades old family law dispute.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
I often bring four firearms and multiple molotov cocktails to a peaceful protest, don't you?

Lonnie is in a world of hurt! Two guns on him, assault rifle in the back, another hand gun in the cab and 11 molotov cocktails especially configured to ensure the flames and liquid itself clung to the victim or target. That's what a Trump supporter takes to a peaceful demonstration.

When all that is pointed out Trump supporters would immediately claim he wasn't a true Trump fan(no true Scotsman) ,he is Antifa or a government paid stooge. I'll bet if we check old Lonnies social media and browser history we'd find a wonderful and devoted Trump fan.

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
Lonnie is in a world of hurt! Two guns on him, assault rifle in the back, another hand gun in the cab and 11 molotov cocktails especially configured to ensure the flames and liquid itself clung to the victim or target. That's what a Trump supporter takes to a peaceful demonstration.

When all that is pointed out Trump supporters would immediately claim he wasn't a true Trump fan(no true Scotsman) ,he is Antifa or a government paid stooge. I'll bet if we check old Lonnies social media and browser history we'd find a wonderful and devoted Trump fan.
His charges are federal so I expect Donald Duck to start splashing out the pardons for his patriots

Last edited:

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
I read through the first ten pages and there's little doubt about Dominions intent to clear their name. I haven't had much to do with affidavits so I'd ask 'would this be similar to an affidavit lodged in Australia' ?

It's just that some of it seemed a bit more like a bhq post and less like a statement of the facts as perceived. I'm only comparing it to some of my own (or at least some about me) contained in a decades old family law dispute.
It actually is not an affidavit. It is a complaint. what we call over here a claim. It is the document which initiates the legal action. It is supposed to be a summary of the factual allegations which form the basis of the claim and prayer for relief (what you are claiming). As in everything American, they seem to go right OTT in terms of detail.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
It actually is not an affidavit. It is a complaint. what we call over here a claim. It is the document which initiates the legal action. It is supposed to be a summary of the factual allegations which form the basis of the claim and prayer for relief (what you are claiming). As in everything American, they seem to go right OTT in terms of detail.
Excellent, I definitely was confused. That explains why it seemed like bit of a bitch session! Thanks

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html

An Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the US Capitol building on Wednesday for hours before authorities ever noticed, according to federal prosecutors.
Another man allegedly showed up in the nation's capital with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition and told acquaintances that he wanted to shoot or run over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, prosecutors said.
The revelations are some of the most unsettling details federal prosecutors have made public this week as they detail the extent of the arsenal available to aid pro-Trump rioters who stormed the Capitol. Other individuals have been accused of taking guns and ammunition onto Capitol grounds and more charges are expected to come as a wide-ranging investigation unfurls.
The details about the weapons cache in the pickup truck were contained in federal documents charging Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Falkville, Alabama, with federal offenses. A bomb squad detected the arsenal during the scramble to secure the federal complex after it was overrun by pro-Trump rioters and other bombs around Washington, D.C., were found.
The Department of Justice announced charges against 13 Capitol riot-related defendants on Friday, including a West Virginia lawmaker and a man who entered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and sat at her desk.
The insurrection on Capitol Hill has shaken the nation's capital and the descriptions of the charges are adding to a growing understanding of the extremist elements of the crowd.

While Coffman has been arrested and charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and carrying a pistol without a license, Friday's sworn statement from police provides some of the most extreme allegations yet about the amount of danger around the Capitol building on Wednesday.
After hundreds of pro-Trump rioters pushed through barriers set up along the perimeter of the Capitol, demonstrators eventually made their way into the building and the House and Senate floors were evacuated by police.
Only after pleading from aides and congressional allies inside the besieged Capitol did President Donald Trump release a video urging the rioters to "go home," while still fanning their baseless grievances about a stolen election.
Coffman, 70, told police he had mason jars filled with "melted Styrofoam and gasoline." Federal investigators believe that combination, if exploded, would have the effect of napalm "insofar as it causes the flammable liquid to better stick to objects that it hits upon detonation," according to the court record.
Police also found cloth rags and lighters. The court documents said that those items and the explosive-filled mason jars "in close proximity to one another constitute a combination of parts" that could be used as a "destructive device."
Coffman had parked his pickup truck at 9:15 a.m. ET on First St SE on the Hill, near the National Republican Club, commonly called the Capitol Hill Club. That building is within a block of a large US House office building and the Library of Congress, according to the complaint. The truck also had a handgun on the passenger seat and an M4 Carbine assault rifle, along with rifle magazines loaded with ammunition, police said.
When police found and searched him about a block away after dusk, Coffman was also carrying a 9mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun in each of his front pockets, the police complaint said. None of the weapons found in his truck or on his person were registered to him.
Coffman appeared before a federal judge this week, and is being detained at least until his next court appearance on Tuesday. He has not yet entered a plea in court. The federal public defender representing him didn't respond to a request for comment on the allegations against him on Friday.

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html

An Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the US Capitol building on Wednesday for hours before authorities ever noticed, according to federal prosecutors.
Another man allegedly showed up in the nation's capital with an assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition and told acquaintances that he wanted to shoot or run over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, prosecutors said.
The revelations are some of the most unsettling details federal prosecutors have made public this week as they detail the extent of the arsenal available to aid pro-Trump rioters who stormed the Capitol. Other individuals have been accused of taking guns and ammunition onto Capitol grounds and more charges are expected to come as a wide-ranging investigation unfurls.
The details about the weapons cache in the pickup truck were contained in federal documents charging Lonnie Leroy Coffman of Falkville, Alabama, with federal offenses. A bomb squad detected the arsenal during the scramble to secure the federal complex after it was overrun by pro-Trump rioters and other bombs around Washington, D.C., were found.
The Department of Justice announced charges against 13 Capitol riot-related defendants on Friday, including a West Virginia lawmaker and a man who entered House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office and sat at her desk.
The insurrection on Capitol Hill has shaken the nation's capital and the descriptions of the charges are adding to a growing understanding of the extremist elements of the crowd.

While Coffman has been arrested and charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and carrying a pistol without a license, Friday's sworn statement from police provides some of the most extreme allegations yet about the amount of danger around the Capitol building on Wednesday.
After hundreds of pro-Trump rioters pushed through barriers set up along the perimeter of the Capitol, demonstrators eventually made their way into the building and the House and Senate floors were evacuated by police.
Only after pleading from aides and congressional allies inside the besieged Capitol did President Donald Trump release a video urging the rioters to "go home," while still fanning their baseless grievances about a stolen election.
Coffman, 70, told police he had mason jars filled with "melted Styrofoam and gasoline." Federal investigators believe that combination, if exploded, would have the effect of napalm "insofar as it causes the flammable liquid to better stick to objects that it hits upon detonation," according to the court record.
Police also found cloth rags and lighters. The court documents said that those items and the explosive-filled mason jars "in close proximity to one another constitute a combination of parts" that could be used as a "destructive device."
Coffman had parked his pickup truck at 9:15 a.m. ET on First St SE on the Hill, near the National Republican Club, commonly called the Capitol Hill Club. That building is within a block of a large US House office building and the Library of Congress, according to the complaint. The truck also had a handgun on the passenger seat and an M4 Carbine assault rifle, along with rifle magazines loaded with ammunition, police said.
When police found and searched him about a block away after dusk, Coffman was also carrying a 9mm handgun and a .22-caliber handgun in each of his front pockets, the police complaint said. None of the weapons found in his truck or on his person were registered to him.
Coffman appeared before a federal judge this week, and is being detained at least until his next court appearance on Tuesday. He has not yet entered a plea in court. The federal public defender representing him didn't respond to a request for comment on the allegations against him on Friday.

"While Coffman has been arrested and charged with possession of an unregistered firearm and carrying a pistol without a license,"

Soooo he hasn't been charged with conspiracy to commit a terrorist act???

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich

Comprehensive but a tad late!! We covered this earlier👍

I'd like to know how these crazy media outlets, masquerading as news outlets report this. I've been looking through the bigger ones and there's no pretence anymore.

News anchors will say, 74 million people voted for Trump, I'm one too and from then on report everything with we and we're not going to take this, our freedom has been stolen, we have been yada yada yada.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
I'd rather he make a sequel to Twins.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes, he's made some shockers.

Actors involved in politics hasn't ever been a great thing but in this instance the underlying message was okay. Time to move on and try as hard as they can to meet the massive challenges they face in their country.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes, he's made some shockers.

Actors involved in politics hasn't ever been a great thing but in this instance the underlying message was okay. Time to move on and try as hard as they can to meet the massive challenges they face in their country.

Can't move on without punishing Trump and friends to the full extent of the law, in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.