OFFICIAL The Kevolution - (Walters new coach of the Broncos)

It does certainly pose an interesting question though: Just how much should Kevin Walters be getting paid?

Coldly, the club is probably in a position to low ball him given he's obviously coveted the job for a long time and has been extremely public about that, so it's not like we need to entice him financially and could afford to go in on the low side.

That said, it would be pretty disrespectful if he wasn't given a fair offer as befits a former legend of the club and a successful Origin Coach too. It's certainly an interesting conundrum.

It does certainly pose an interesting question though: Just how much should Kevin Walters be getting paid?

Coldly, the club is probably in a position to low ball him given he's obviously coveted the job for a long time and has been extremely public about that, so it's not like we need to entice him financially and could afford to go in on the low side.

That said, it would be pretty disrespectful if he wasn't given a fair offer as befits a former legend of the club and a successful Origin Coach too. It's certainly an interesting conundrum.

just a guess, but he'll probably be offered a similar contract value to seibs ... which will put him in the middle of the coaches salaries list

Last edited:
I'm fine for 3 year contract for Kevvie, after year 1 he will have Bellyache working with him aswell.

CS9 next year, Munster and Smith 2/ Grant in '22. Pls make it happen

Two year contract for Kev
Coaching cap is in place next year so we need to be cautious with how long the terms are for
If it’s working from year 1 no doubt an extension can be factored in

just a guess, but he'll probably be offered a similar contract value to seibs ... which will put him in the middle of the coaches salaries list

How much is that?

How much is that?

the Daily Telecrap had a list of coaches salaries estimates (before any COVID pay cuts) that had Seibs on 850k making him the 7th highest paid coach in the NRL

the majority of the guys on lower salaries are from the poor (as in financially) clubs ... their salaries range from 350k (john Morris) to 700k (Des Hasler)

the Daily Telecrap had a list of coaches salaries estimates (before any COVID pay cuts) that had Seibs on 850k making him the 7th highest paid coach in the NRL

the majority of the guys on lower salaries are from the poor (as in financially) clubs ... their salaries range from 350k (john Morris) to 700k (Des Hasler)

Thanks
I will resist the urge to comment on the appropriateness of siebold getting paid that amount but it sounds very fair for kevvie.
I also hope he gets a bonus if we make the top 8, top 4 etc. although don’t expect he will be collecting it next year.

Hopefully this time they put in a performance clause.
Should be a performance clause in all their contracts - White, Morris, Nolan etc. That being the case we could **** the lot off on false pretences. In fact Lockyer would probably owe us.

Also he'd never be at risk of getting in the way of a moving car, so that'd be a plus.

I keep refreshing the site hoping that if this leak is true, the club will just bite the bullet and make the announcement. Why bother waiting for Wednesday? Just do it already!
The way this joint has been run past few years it would be no surprise if they named someone else😳

Should be a performance clause in all their contracts - White, Morris, Nolan etc. That being the case we could **** the lot off on false pretences. In fact Lockyer would probably owe us.

Aren't performance clauses so to speak implicit in all contracts of employment? You get a job description and you get a mandatory disciplinary process clause which is activated if performance, amongst other things, is unsatisfactory. In fact, a lot of employment contracts have a clause titled "unsatisfactory performance" which activates a disciplinary process, which btw, in Seibold's case, I found curious as to why the club failed to act on it.

I imagine the same applies to any employees of the club. Having said that, inserting a specific performance clause can be useful if there are specific KPI's required. In any case, an essential term of an employment contract is the satisfactory performance of duties as specified in the job description, and an employee can be disciplined or terminated if they fail to perform accordingly.

Last edited:
But how the **** do the journos know that.

Active Now

• maddo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • azza.79
  • Lurker
  • Bronco bob
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
  • Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.