Representative Weekend

I'm going to get banned if I comment too much on this women's game. One of the kicks for touch a couple of minutes ago... she kicked it... well... she full on kicked it like a girl.

Couple of alright outside backs in the gold though.

The commentator love-in for Tamou made me retch. Did anyone else really think he was anywhere near that good? He didn't stand out above anyone else for me tbh.

Eh, that's the thing about representative footy. Sometimes you get these awesome end to end games that lend themselves to all sorts of post game analysis. Then you get these boring grinding games where neither team wants to play any footy. The game was so dull, that by the end of it, Gus wanted to whip up some hysteria about Australia not being dominant enough. Maybe I could understand his plight but when all you're doing is playing one out footy I don't think there's any cause for concern.

Plus, I couldn't see RTS improving the side one iota. Kahu produced a brilliant defensive performance, much better than that overrated Luke Phillips 2000 performance, and made tackles that Tuivasa-Sheck could only dream of making. As a Broncos fan, I feel extremely fortunate to have both him and Boyd in our side. I thought they were two of the best players on the field.

My biggest concern of the night were the edges for Australia. Once again, Gillett failed to set the world on fire on the right fringe and Papalii was a non-factor. Hopefully it was just an off night for the pair, Queensland need them to perform to their ability in a few weeks time.

Holy ****, the ref is the most feminine one out there.

The Aussie #5 and #7 can milk a penalty from me any time.

And the kiwi winger, I swear when the bomb bounced up off the ground she did that "eek" hands up thing like she dropped a glass on a tiled floor.

I'm sorry. Banning myself right now. Have to admire their courage out there.

The commentator love-in for Tamou made me retch. Did anyone else really think he was anywhere near that good? He didn't stand out above anyone else for me tbh.

Yeah he was pretty good and probably Noticably so but I thought all four props did a great job all night and all deserve credit. Parker was also great. Aside from Gillett though, all the second-rowers in pretty sure we're at the pub cos there's not much else to do in that town if you're not actually playing.

And the kiwi winger, I swear when the bomb bounced up off the ground she did that "eek" hands up thing like she dropped a glass on a tiled floor.

I for one would happily have you commentate the whole game. This is top stuff.

I'm going to get banned if I comment too much on this women's game. One of the kicks for touch a couple of minutes ago... she kicked it... well... she full on kicked it like a girl.

Couple of alright outside backs in the gold though.

Women don't belong in Rugby League......on any level.

Women don't belong in Rugby League......on any level.

I watched the first half, tremendous respect for them. None of them held back. There was clearly a certain level of insanity in their eyes - the #5 went on a massive run through the middle and banshee yelled as she played the ball, the #6 had a murderous Elsa thing going on, and the kiwi fullback probably had a switchblade in her boots. And they were just the skinny ones.

They truly did suck as kicking though.

Junior Kiwis Line-Up
1. Brad Abbey (Bulldogs)
2. Greg Lelesiuao (Titans)
17. Patrick Herbert (Dragons)
4. Reimis Smith (Bulldogs)
5. Ken Tofilau (Knights)
6. Jamayne Isaako (Broncos)
7. Ata Hingano (Warriors)
8. Poasa Faamausili (Roosters)
9. Brandon Smith (Cowboys)
10. Cowan Epere (Panthers)
11. Marata Niukore (Warriors)
12. Esan Marsters (Tigers)
19. Tom Amone (Eels)

3. Siosifa Talakai (Rabbitohs)
14. Nathaniel Roache (Warriors)
15. Isaiah Papalii (Warriors)
16. Kurt Bernard (Titans)

Fisher-Harris and Ogden omitted from the team.

Brian Kelly (Titans) comes in for John Olive (Titans) for the Kangaroos.

Can't help but laugh at Mal responding to Gould's criticism with something along the lines of "He can't comment on tests because he never played them"

Is Mal saying that the only people who can comment on test matches are people who have played in them or coached them? That is completely ridiculous, you would expect a comment like that from a primary school kid.

Here are my thoughts on the game last night

The game in general

It was one of the worst displays of international Rugby League I've seen for years if not ever. It was barely test standard and there was little intensity in the game, it barely felt like a test match.

On a positive note though it was good to see us get a win over those Kiwis for the first time in a couple of years and to break our 3 game losing streak against them even if it wasn't pretty. Keeping them scoreless was also good especially when they were on attack when Semi was in the bin. @ Super Freak, when is the last time New Zealand were scoreless in a test?

Semi Radradra?

Apart from being put in the bin early I thought Radradra had a decent debut. He didn't get any chances to attack but he made some good charges when we were in our half and went in for work trying to lift the team. I can see him getting more games in the future. 6.5/10

The debutaunts?

Blake Ferguson: Like Radradra he didn't have a good start but he managed to play well enough to show he can play in the future. He likes the physical stuff and went in for the ball when were in our half and tried to spark something. He did well to score that try at the end as well. 6/10

Josh McGuire: Looking at the player stats he did a lot better than I thought he did. In 30 minutes he racked up 13 carries for 131 meters and made 19 tackles. Good stuff for a reserve. 6.5/10

Michael Morgan: Same as Origin last year IMO, he came of the bench and didn't mess anything up. 5/10

Australia's performance?

Very ordinary. Backs ran the wrong lines, halves can contribute a lot more than that and the forwards apart from Gallen didn't have much impact. Apart from a handful it was a very underwhelming performance by almost everyone. Defended very well though especially when they were a man down and to keep a team in test footy to nil is always a good feeling. Very surprised that we finished with an 81% completion rate. If they were any good by any means they would've won by at least 4 tries.

New Zealand's performance?

Gutsy but poor. They had nothing in attack and I was expecting their attack to struggle without Foran so i'm not surprised. To their credit they didn't give up and pushed Australia the whole game. Kahu was by far and away their best player which is good to see from a Broncos perspective and in general after all the injuries he has had. Without him the Kiwis would've lost by close to 30.

My 3, 2 and 1

Paul Gallen 3:
Gallen was playing his first test since 2014 and he was awesome in the middle of the park. I feel the Kangaroos have lacked dominance in the middle of the field since this corresponding test in 2014 and Gallen brought that. In 58 minutes he made 228 meters (almost a hundred more than any other Australian forward) from 21 carries and he made 32 tackles (2nd most from an Australian) and he offloaded the ball twice. My man of the match easily and was a deserving winner of the official award as well.

Darius Boyd 2: ​Didn't really like the selection of Boyd but he justified himself with a solid and reliable performance at the back. He did very well to score through pure strength and threw a beauty for Fergo at the end of the game. Apart from Gal he is the only player who should've been discussed for MOM. Ended up running for 178 meters and was safe as a brick and didn't let us down once. He now has played 18 tests and has won all 18.

Greg Inglis 1: Played his best game of the year. He was a real handful for the Kiwis the whole game and showed what he can do. I would like to know how many tackles he broke and he made almost 200 meters, scored a try and broke the line twice which is a great effort playing outside halves who played average games.

Can't help but laugh at Mal responding to Gould's criticism with something along the lines of "He can't comment on tests because he never played them"

Is Mal saying that the only people who can comment on test matches are people who have played in them or coached them? That is completely ridiculous, you would expect a comment like that from a primary school kid.
Yeah, that's not even close to what he said.

Queensland residents are bloody awful this arvo

I was just reading a city country preview and they expect country to win by 20 points.

Are you kidding me? Break into the footy for Bill Frickin Shorten?

A big performance by Sezer will definatley help his chances. This game means something to me so **** the haters of it. Go Country

A big performance by Sezer will definatley help his chances. This game means something to me so **** the haters of it. Go Country

At least you finally get a game where a NSW player will be the best player on the field. Enjoy, Roosterman.

That was a good try from the bellend. Hope he gets selected by Daley.

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • NSW stables
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.