NEWS Revealed: the one weird trick that undid the Bulldogs

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Kevolution has implemented a “breathing for warriors” technique borrowed from former All Black captain Kieran Read. Excitement machine Jamayne Isaako says it's aimed at settling agitated minds and banishing on-field bickering:

“We introduced that to the team this week and getting our blue heads on instead of our red heads when things don’t go our way. We did that when we scored tries, just refocused our mindsets to get to our next set and get to a kick which is crucial against the good teams. We have been too much red head. We have a lot of boys in the team that let you know when you haven’t done your job and that affects the confidence of some boys."

Hjamaynisaako   CBjgSQKhN5m

Quickly, point to your head.

“We have a really young team and we need a bit more positivity and give positive feedback instead of negatives which will lift the team and get the boys firing. Kevvie came up with it and all the boys had to buy into it. It was something we needed."

“The last two weeks we have gone through lapses where teams have scored on us back-to-back and it has hurt our confidence. We needed to get back to a refocused mentality.”

“I sat down with Kevvie throughout the week and discussed how to get myself more involved in the game. For me, as a fullback, it’s building combinations with my centres and wingers and I certainly linked up with them tonight. We played together as a team and if we play consistent and complete our sets at 80 per cent and winning that field position, we can put the foot on the throat.”

McHunt

This is the type of article that pissed me off in the seibs era.
That Seibold couldn't pronounce Tesi Niu's surname after giving him his debut, coaching him for a year, and then the nonsense with him supposedly defecting to the Titans, says all you need to know about his disconnect with his own players. Kevvie's main job this year is to build a "team" out of the rubble strewn behind by that fuckwit.

what annoys me is that when the Warriors did something similar the media labelled it as smart etc ... when we do it it is "bizarre"

The All Blacks use this strategy of Blue and Red zones. Must be something to it

The warriors have been doing this shit for ages.

Who exactly in the squad has earned the right to tell other players they aren’t doing their job? According to isaako there’s a lot of them? Wtf.

Yeah this stuck out for me too. First image I got in my head was Haas giving Glenn a gobful last year, which was probably fair. Very few others have earned it.

we have a quiet team on the field.....not many natural talkers out there......so this does interest me, but the proof will be in the pudding...

however, we are defending somewhat better recently, wondering if this has anything to do with it...?

The All Blacks use this strategy of Blue and Red zones. Must be something to it

Yeah when you feel yourself going 'red' you need to get back to 'blue' The All Blacks all have triggers they use- McGaw would stamp his foot to refocus and stay calm.

Broncos got in a huddle on Saturday after points same as the Warriors did a few years ago.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.