NEWS Revealed: Walters picks a winner

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
HScreenshot 2021 03 08 Revealed Winner in battle for Broncos No 7 jersey1

HScreenshot 2021 03 08 Revealed Winner in battle for Broncos No 7 jersey

The Shit Factory is back at it again. This time he's tipping Croft.

Meanwhile, Chris Garry is tipping Dearden:

HScreenshot 2021 03 08 Chris Garry on Twitter

And now, let's hear from the players:

Brodie Croft:

“I want to get back to playing my best brand of footy. I know what I am capable of, I know my talents and strengths and weaknesses I have to work on. I want to get back to being the best football player I know I can be and then I will leave it to the coaching staff to see if I can get into the team. I just thought I questioned myself too much last year. Kevvie has just told me to keep it simple and run the football, take the line on and be aggressive with my defence. I just have to go from there.”

Xavier Coates:

“Brodie is really quick onto the ball and he can play eyes-up footy. He has a good kicking game and he has a strong voice. When you are playing with him, he communicates really well, especially in defence. I’ve enjoyed playing outside of Brodie, he is good with his talk and he has a lot of assets for team. The boys aren’t quite sure yet which way ’Kevvie’ is going but if Brodie gets picked, he will definitely do the job.”

David Mead:

“Brodie has been training there and Tommy changed over with him a few times so we’re still not sure who Kevvie is going with. I’m sure whoever gets the spot there will do a good job for us. It’s a good thing (that spots remain undecided) because it creates competition. If there was certainty about a position in January, you probably wouldn’t get as much competition out of the players.”

Pat Carrigan:

"If he (Croft) wears the seven in round one, we'll be confident that he can go do the job and get us around. I first started playing footy with Crofty when we were 16. He's always had that massive amount of potential, so the pressure probably makes him an easy scapegoat sometimes at some clubs. It's like if you're a halfback in Brissy or you're a halfback in Melbourne, you're the next Cooper Cronk or the next Alfie Langer. I think that's just something he's going to have to deal with for the rest of his career, but in saying that he works tremendously hard on his game and he's got the potential to be a great player because two pretty impressive clubs with good histories have signed him."

McHunt

Last edited:
Either would do but I think Dearden deserves a holiday in reserves. Another year of getting smashed would be bad for his confidence.

In Croft we trust. One poster on here will be very interested in Croft's performance. Quite possibly the worst player in history I think was his description.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.