NEWS Reynolds: I'm like a little kid again

Adam Reynolds is chuffed to finally walk tall as a Bronco:

“The messages from Broncos fans through social media and on the streets have been a blessing in disguise for me. I’ve got a new lease on life with footy and it’s probably what I’ve needed for a couple of years."

13508916b969b7fc65798a31cd44242e

“I’ve always admired this club and had a soft spot for the Broncos. I’m genuinely looking forward to getting out there and playing for the jersey. It’s a proud club and powerhouse that deserves to be back at the top. I’ve been booed here many times, whether it be for Souths or representative games. It’s always a great atmosphere and a very vocal bunch of supporters.

050b858395396f1cfbec443f74e49b4c

“They always turn out in numbers. I can’t wait to run out and play for you guys. You definitely feel the love from the fans. Being a one-team town makes a massive difference. In Sydney we were squashed in with seven other teams and fighting for a bit of attention at times. You don’t need to do that up here and you can use it to your advantage. At times you want to hide from the media but it’s a good thing to have. We should embrace it.”

305c29a48ceb457758530e792fb7b522

“It’s a good blend of youth and a bit of experience. Experience is something they’ve been lacking over the last couple of years. You give those younger boys a few extra games under their belt and they know what it takes. They know what first grade is all about. The raw talent some of these boys have is pretty special. I’m looking forward to getting in there and working with a few of them. It’s genuinely exciting because some teams don’t have that raw talent and they get by. But that X-factor that can provide outside of a game plan excites you.”

61251a6947703b41b4bb3dc3ebfbfd3a

“I’ve probably never looked forward more to getting back to training. I’m like a little kid again. I’m trying to contain my joy, I don’t want to go off too early. I’m thoroughly excited about getting in, working hard through the pre-season and hopefully having a special year in 2022. I’m excited and that’s a good thing.”

McHunt

Gonna take some getting used too. Looks weird.

Good to see they fixed re Kia logo too.

Gonna take some getting used too. Looks weird.

Good to see they fixed re Kia logo too.
I was actually thinking that if I didn't already know it was KIA, I wouldn't have a clue who the sponsor was. Weird design.

Jensen, Lee and Pereira are still waiting for their kits I guess but man how good are these two recruits and to see them finally in Broncs colours!
Actually, yes. Reynolds is a revelation considering the circumstances. When we first signed him, I was expecting him to come in under the radar and just go through the motions. But ever since he became official he's been note perfect. I hope he gets a standing ovation when he leads the team on in round one.

The number 7 hasn't looked this good since Alfie was wearing it.
I'm really liking the things Adam is saying and he making it known he's come here to be a Bronco not just a footy player.
I don't think any other signing we have had has shown this much excitement publicly to come here.

I am always a bit sceptical about big name signings from other clubs (we have had a few monumental failures over the years).

Looking forward to seeing how he goes, obviously rather have him than not, he's one of the better game controlling halves in the comp, top 2-3 at least.

I am always a bit sceptical about big name signings from other clubs (we have had a few monumental failures over the years).

Looking forward to seeing how he goes, obviously rather have him than not, he's one of the better game controlling halves in the comp, top 2-3 at least.
I'm not concerned about him aging one bit, except in regards to injuries, but he's been a durable player so far in his career. He doesn't rely on speed or acceleration at all. Lockyer was a beast even in his final year, so was Cronk, and I'm sure there's others I'm missing.

The only halves I can recall that really went to shit after they lost their speed was Thurston. I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ones but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I have a good excuse.

I'm not concerned about him aging one bit, except in regards to injuries, but he's been a durable player so far in his career. He doesn't rely on speed or acceleration at all. Lockyer was a beast even in his final year, so was Cronk, and I'm sure there's others I'm missing.

The only halves I can recall that really went to shit after they lost their speed was Thurston. I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ones but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet so I have a good excuse.
I agree. I’ve been watching a few random games from the last couple of seasons (I guess I like torture) and the biggest stand out is defence but the close second is total lack of organisation in attack - absolutely 0. Even a busted Adam will be an improvement on that.

Actually, yes. Reynolds is a revelation considering the circumstances. When we first signed him, I was expecting him to come in under the radar and just go through the motions. But ever since he became official he's been note perfect. I hope he gets a standing ovation when he leads the team on in round one.
Capewell has been somewhat under the radar in my opinion. Origin and now premiership player. Finally someone to fill gillets boots in the back row.

Alfie was 36 when he retired (the second time) ... and still playing quality footy in 2002

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.