RIP: Kev Kelliher

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sad news about a club favourite.

Brisbane Broncos said:
The WOW Brisbane Broncos’ club has been saddened by the passing of former administrator Kev Keliher.

Keliher, who passed away aged 62 at the weekend after a brave battle with illness, was the club’s foundation media manager and the Broncos’ official statistician for almost 20 years.

A staunch supporter of the club from the time of its entrance into the then New South Wales Rugby League competition in 1988, Keliher was a part of every home game the Broncos played for nearly two decades.

“Kev was one of our first full-time employees at the Broncos and then afterwards spent a long time in a part-time role with the club,†said Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen.

“He was a madly passionate fan of the Broncos, and of rugby league in general, and served the game he loved well.

“We wish his family our deepest condolences and assure them that in the passing of Kev Keliher, the club has lost one of its greatest supporters.â€Â

A service will be held for Keliher on Thursday afternoon at St Bridget’s, church at Red Hill, which overlooks the Broncos home ground of Suncorp Stadium.

RIP Kev. You will be sadly missed by all at the Broncos

My condolences to his family and I want to thank him for his efforts for the club and the game.

RIP Kev, thanks very much for your services to the Broncos.

RIP mate.... and thanks for everythibg you have done.

I had the privilege of working with him while I was helping the Broncos with their web site. He was meticulous with maintaining his stats on Broncos results, players, try scorers etc throughout every season. He loved the press box food too. Hehe.

Lovely bloke, he'll be sorely missed.

I cant say i know who he is, but it seems that he has done a lot for the broncos, and for that I am very grateful. RIP Kev.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.