Round 1 - Broncos vs Cowboys - Post Match Discussion

Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":26g5t2lm]
Jeba said:
Oh and Thaiday needs a rocket. And that's not just from tonight that's from the last 6 or so weeks of last season as well.

coming off injury and with no trial games, give him a few and he will be on fire.

Hope so mate. He tried hard but I think that worked against him. After the Yow Yeh try we just needed to get to our kick and control the game, but we weren't able to do that after he dropped the ball second tackle.

I think Thaiday is the least of our worries TBH. Dropped a few balls but that was all he did wrong really.[/quote:26g5t2lm]

Crucial times though mate.

The whole starting pack with the exception of Parker and Tronc need a rocket.
No go foward and did not make any metres. Teo and Thaiday need to start at second row with Tronc and Hannant in the front row next weekend. If the same side starts next weekend we wont make more then 25m a set. Gillet and Glen are good but their better when a side is tired. Dancing around in the first 10mins isnt going to make us any metres!!

The Parker love blows me away FFS. If the bloke could kick goals we would have went to Golden Point. [icon_shru He is always getting in the way of the play.

images

It takes Griffin teams awhile to find their rhytmn, Hannant to come back and add some metres in the middle and a wake up call to our backrow not to run sideways should help us move forward.

If we were to blame one player, I'd blame Macca, that was up their with his Round 4 Roosters game as one of the worst and honestly Hunt wasn't much better.

Bucking Beads said:
The Parker love blows me away FFS. If the bloke could kick goals we would have went to Golden Point. [icon_shru He is always getting in the way of the play.
Would have won 18-16. Not golden point.

Doesn't change that he was 50% of our go forward.

I think both Hunt and Macca are confused with there roles. Hunt was poor but always looks capable IMO unlike Macca.

Parker was pretty s**t up until the last 15 mins.

Made some bad choices in d too, Cows scored one of their tries because of him.

I was supposed to go to the game tonight but I got drunk at the pig and whistle instead.

anyhow, from my inebriated pov...

wallace seemed very sloppy, a few passes to ground or simply too late.

parker tried to be a hero on too many occasions, and failed. I think it was jeba who said you can't blame his goalkicking - I respectfully disagree.

bowen and thurston killed us, but the cowboys always seemed to dent our line when their forwards got a full head of steam so i'm not sure what the deal is. hopefully hannant helps out there.

in general the whole team had poor handling and was guilty of forcing it too much.

that last play from wallace pissed me off to no end, should've gone through the hands and we would've been in...

hannant and hodges back next week, I'm sure we'll be better for the run and griffin will be glad to get his first game out of the way.

Big Pete said:

Agreed. I also hate how he seems to end up with the ball a lot on our final play.

ningnangnong said:
Big Pete said:

Agreed. I also hate how he seems to end up with the ball a lot on our final play.

It happens all the time and does my head in. Parker is a good player but for me seems to be in the way all the time. [icon_non

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
[quote="The Rock":3ps23i0l]
Nashy said:
Wallace needs to go away and never come back. Maybe we should trade him with a spastic kid.

Using your logic, Macca should go and never come back either. When was the last time Macca had a good game? Seriously, he's played 43 games and only about 10-15 of them have actually been good.

He can go too. I don't care. Wallace was the stand out tonight. For all the wrong reasons.

No you missed the point. You're vocal about sacking Wallace but McCollough has been nearly as bad for the past year yet you're 10 times more vocal about McCollough.[/quote:3ps23i0l]

Wallace is shit. He needs to go away forever. Here. I found his replacement.
dog-shit.jpg

The worst play from Parker was probably when we had the Cows on the ropes and instead of just firing the ball to Locky he went for a run...

Parker was really the only one going forward. Tronc sort of did too, but every time he pushed the defence back, he threw the ball 10m backwards. He needs to stop offloading, leave that to the back rowers.

Tronc was alright in the first half, good in the second.

McGuire impressed me the most out of all the front rows, to come on and come up with the hit ups he did was impressive.

Geez this forum is hopeless in a crisis.

Parker's work rate tonight was fantastic and he made great metres with his runs. A few half breaks as well. Yeh sometimes he bobs up where he's not needed but we looked just as hopeless when Wallace et al got the ball on the last tackle as well. Besides the hooker should be responsible for getting it to the right man on the last play anyway.

Jeba said:

Parker's work rate tonight was fantastic and he made great metres with his runs. A few half breaks as well. Yeh sometimes he bobs up where he's not needed but we looked just as hopeless when Wallace et al got the ball on the last tackle as well. Besides the hooker should be responsible for getting it to the right man on the last play anyway.

I'm with you. I thought Parker was one of our best tonight.

I don't think anyone has complained about Parker working hard - I think everyone realizes that he does have his use in the side. It's just that it has nothing to do with playmaking and hence he should really bypass the idea completely or shovel it onto someone who knows more about it (not wallace).

Knowing your limitations is better than trying to be something you're not.

Jeba said:

Nobody is doubting his work rate. He ALWAYS gets in the way on the last tackle, it happens every game without fail. It just shouldn't happen, and he should really have slotted those 2 kicks he missed.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.