Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

There were some good signs, but very few.

We've had a disruptive pre-season, so a performance like this was to be expected. We just gifted the Dragons too much ball and as a result we've had to do too much tackling.

We'll be fine. It wouldn't be the first time we got flogged in Round 1 and ended up having a great year.

joshua-jackson-shaking-head.gif

Where do I even start with this....

1. We have no Captain - This is a legacy problem from last year. Boyd isn't a Captain's asshole, and if Bennett can't see that then it reeks of favoritism, frankly. Boyd drops his head and behaves like a cat way too easily, and I guess considering his history and his personality that really isn't a shock to anyone. Don't ask me who replaces him because I don't know honestly, cause it sure as hell isn't Thaiday, but this is a pain in the ass that the club has created for itself when it should have been wise enough to see Boyd's shortcomings earlier.

2. Milf and Nikorima MIA - The worst fear of many going into this game, Hunt made them look stupid. We still can't kick worth shit, Nikorima looks like he's got stage fright and Milf is yet to live up to the pedigree of his name and his contract. His fleet footedness has just evaporated. He looks like he is scared of running the ball. If it gets to the stage where we have to hang our hopes on a 2nd stringer from reserve grade, then we're in a world of hurt.

3. Sloppy play and stupid errors - You can put this down to rust if you want, but considering how much more polished a bog average side on paper like the Dragons showed (especially with their history against us) and it doesn't paint a pretty picture. Thaiday especially was pus, which really isn't surprising.

4. Our forward pack still sucks - Lodge had a decent debut, the Hunt intercept notwithstanding, but apart from that our pack is still performing like a Toyota Prius. TPJ had a good game in spurts but the likes of Sims and Joe O were frankly laughable. Thaiday should have retired 3 years ago, and McC is clearly underdone and needs more time to recuperate. We're in real trouble if this is the motor we're expecting to work with this year.

I dunno boys, they will always have the excuse of "it's only Round 1" to fall back on but this is not the sort of start we wanted. It looks scarily too much like the Lodge media circus has gotten in the teams heads, and letting Hunt run rough shot all over them is frankly unforgivable (he can go **** himself, btw. No more respect for him. Where was this in his final 2 years with us?).

Sadly unless we pull off a massive turnaround against the Cowboys, we're looking at a long year ahead.
Where do I even start with this....

1. We have no Captain - This is a legacy problem from last year. Boyd isn't a Captain's asshole, and if Bennett can't see that then it reeks of favoritism, frankly. Boyd drops his head and behaves like a cat way too easily, and I guess considering his history and his personality that really isn't a shock to anyone. Don't ask me who replaces him because I don't know honestly, cause it sure as hell isn't Thaiday, but this is a pain in the ass that the club has created for itself when it should have been wise enough to see Boyd's shortcomings earlier.

2. Milf and Nikorima MIA - The worst fear of many going into this game, Hunt made them look stupid. We still can't kick worth shit, Nikorima looks like he's got stage fright and Milf is yet to live up to the pedigree of his name and his contract. His fleet footedness has just evaporated. He looks like he is scared of running the ball. If it gets to the stage where we have to hang our hopes on a 2nd stringer from reserve grade, then we're in a world of hurt.

3. Sloppy play and stupid errors - You can put this down to rust if you want, but considering how much more polished a bog average side on paper like the Dragons showed (especially with their history against us) and it doesn't paint a pretty picture. Thaiday especially was pus, which really isn't surprising.

4. Our forward pack still sucks - Lodge had a decent debut, the Hunt intercept notwithstanding, but apart from that our pack is still performing like a Toyota Prius. TPJ had a good game in spurts but the likes of Sims and Joe O were frankly laughable. Thaiday should have retired 3 years ago, and McC is clearly underdone and needs more time to recuperate. We're in real trouble if this is the motor we're expecting to work with this year.

I dunno boys, they will always have the excuse of "it's only Round 1" to fall back on but this is not the sort of start we wanted. It looks scarily too much like the Lodge media circus has gotten in the teams heads, and letting Hunt run rough shot all over them is frankly unforgivable (he can go **** himself, btw. No more respect for him. Where was this in his final 2 years with us?).

Sadly unless we pull off a massive turnaround against the Cowboys, we're looking at a long year ahead.

Absolutely pathetic, the sooner Bennet ***** off the better

Thaiday will be lucky to finish his career in top grade. Disgraceful performance.

Whoever said Kahu in centre was questionable in defence nailed it. Completely at sea the entire game.

Well write the season off :P Thaiday adds nothing. He has picked up from last year and is just wasting a play running at the markers.

Not even mad. I think I am getting used to this sort of stuff. Lodge and Isaako played with the most heart, most likely the 2 guys getting paid the least.

We'll get better, but there were so many similarities to the worst games from previous 2 years that I makes me really worried, even if it's round 1. Feels like not much has changed.

Also Su'a - great shot, if it was 2008 and the guy had the ball. **** that wouldve hurt lol.

**** me, a loss in the very first game of the season and people are bringing out the knives.

Give it a month..

yep -

boyd has to be injured. mccullough is well under done still.
left edge is a mess, i would hate to defend outside of milford. kahu will be hating it.
i also think.
bennett fucked it royally with thaiday. you either pick your 9 or not at all.
outside of roberts and tpj to an extent their was not much else in attack.
kicking game was dogshit again

I wanna know wtf we do at training all week, it looks like we just sit in the video room and watch film of the glory days

Kahu is a winger, Isaako is Maranta 2.0 but can't catch, Milford is a Queensland cup player, Boyd needs to be better, Nikorima is a bench utility, Thaiday should have retired years ago. This sucks

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Redux
  • Jedhead
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Skyblues87
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.