Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Except he didn't let in two tries and the field goal was blocked by a player 7 metres offside but the facts remain he played which is contrary to numpties claim. Isaako had a great game. A match winner game.
yes. yes he did :)
good to see - i always liked him. but i always thought he was better on the wing.

After watching the replay, I think some people need to manage expectations.

Yeah, it was a great win and we're doing really well, but we're still too weak around the ruck. We aren't doing anything in the finals if we don't fix that.

We are building, though. Combinations are forming, our attack is starting to click and defensively (tackle technique, wrestle and scramble) we're getting better.

After watching the replay, I think some people need to manage expectations.

Yeah, it was a great win and we're doing really well, but we're still too weak around the ruck. We aren't doing anything in the finals if we don't fix that.

We are building, though. Combinations are forming, our attack is starting to click and defensively (tackle technique, wrestle and scramble) we're getting better.
How so, too weak? I saw fast PTB and offloads in attack. In defense we seemed to control the offloads and we're not cheating anywhere near as much as the other teams in working the players over, less hand on the ball (except Riki for some reason). It seems controlled and fair to my one-sided mind.

Actually SUPER satisfying to know that Coates got thumped in a Storm side.

Word

Coates must have enjoyed the opening 2 months of the season and not having to work for his tries because he couldn’t put pen to paper quick enough to sign an extension with Melbourne until 2026. He must have been thinking ‘wow this team is making me look so good, my role is so easy and I’m scoring tries at will’

Meanwhile whilst the entire media organisation is lapping up his finishing prowess (which is par for the course for most half decent NRL wingers) the rest of his game is failing to develop. Still makes simple errors, has no punch with his runs out of his own red zone and still has rushes of blood where he comes in prematurely of his wing in defense.

Nothing pleased me more as well then us turning our fortunes around the season after he decides he doesn’t want to fight to turn the club around that gave him his debut and the club that apparently meant everything to him.

He can stay in Melbourne and play ‘comfortable’ football with the Storm whilst his boyhood club starts to finally reap the rewards for all the pain they endured in recent times that he ‘wanted’ to be apart of.

Cobbo is being absolutely adored by the Broncos faithful whilst no one in Melbourne probably even knows who Coates is.

Enjoy your hollow and empty victories with the Storm whilst they last wanker.

Word

Coates must have enjoyed the opening 2 months of the season and not having to work for his tries because he couldn’t put pen to paper quick enough to sign an extension with Melbourne until 2026. He must have been thinking ‘wow this team is making me look so good, my role is so easy and I’m scoring tries at will’

Meanwhile whilst the entire media organisation is lapping up his finishing prowess (which is par for the course for most half decent NRL wingers) the rest of his game is failing to develop. Still makes simple errors, has no punch with his runs out of his own red zone and still has rushes of blood where he comes in prematurely of his wing in defense.

Nothing pleased me more as well then us turning our fortunes around the season after he decides he doesn’t want to fight to turn the club around that gave him his debut and the club that apparently meant everything to him.

He can stay in Melbourne and play ‘comfortable’ football with the Storm whilst his boyhood club starts to finally reap the rewards for all the pain they endured in recent times that he ‘wanted’ to be apart of.

Cobbo is being absolutely adored by the Broncos faithful whilst no one in Melbourne probably even knows who Coates is.

Look, I am not really entirely sure how you feel about Coates, could you be a bit clearer :popcorn::tallica::sake:

Word

I was thinking about this, could you imagine the media's response if coates was playing in the same manner oates is?

Oates is only 1 try off coates in a team lower in the ladder, and his tries have not all been catch the ball and stroll over the line. He has had to run angles, go looking for the ball, catch bombs, beat people on the outside etc. On top of that he is averaging 173m a game.

Media would be discussing "how did the broncos let him go", "how good they are at developing players etc."

I was thinking about this, could you imagine the media's response if coates was playing in the same manner oates is?

Oates is only 1 try off coates in a team lower in the ladder, and his tries have not all been catch the ball and stroll over the line. He has had to run angles, go looking for the ball, catch bombs, beat people on the outside etc. On top of that he is averaging 173m a game.

Media would be discussing "how did the broncos let him go", "how good they are at developing players etc."
By "they" i meant melbourne

How so, too weak? I saw fast PTB and offloads in attack. In defense we seemed to control the offloads and we're not cheating anywhere near as much as the other teams in working the players over, less hand on the ball (except Riki for some reason). It seems controlled and fair to my one-sided mind.

Defensively I'm talking about. We're still too sloppy around the ruck.

We'll have our good moments where we're strong but we're not consistent enough throughout the 80 minutes. As soon as any team starts getting any kind of momentum, they start killing us around the ruck and we start seeing some desperate lunges and arm grabs in tackles. It was only some desperate scramble defence that stopped us from conceding more tries in the past month.

We can't be like that against the top teams. They target us there because they know it will work in their favour and it will present them with opportunities on the edges.

FB IMG 1652694517426

We'll have our good moments where we're strong but we're not consistent enough throughout the 80 minutes. As soon as any team starts getting any kind of momentum, they start killing us around the ruck and we start seeing some desperate lunges and arm grabs in tackles. It was only some desperate scramble defence that stopped us from conceding more tries in the past month.

We can't be like that against the top teams. They target us there because they know it will work in their favour and it will open us up on the edges.
Yes, our ruck control is still lacking. We still often end up with only marker and one player being left on the ground or out of position when the ball is player.

We need to make sure that if a legs tackle is made, a player comes in on top and slows the ruck down.

We can't be like that against the top teams. They target us there because they know it will work in their favour and it will present them with opportunities on the edges.
To be fair though, every team would try to target us there it's our goal that the only teams that might get us there are Melbourne and Penrith.

Yes, our ruck control is still lacking. We still often end up with only marker and one player being left on the ground or out of position when the ball is player.

We need to make sure that if a legs tackle is made, a player comes in on top and slows the ruck down.
Instant flop penalty called against us, guaranteed. We get wrecked in the ruck if we use the standard tactics. The boys (IMO) have adjusted to this by working harder in the cover defense.

I hear you, @Super Freak , but we get stomped by the ref if we try to slow the ruck. It has improved, but this mentality takes time to shift in the eyes of someone like Klein.

Instant flop penalty called against us, guaranteed. We get wrecked in the ruck if we use the standard tactics. The boys (IMO) have adjusted to this by working harder in the cover defense.

I hear you, @Super Freak , but we get stomped by the ref if we try to slow the ruck. It has improved, but this mentality takes time to shift in the eyes of someone like Klein.
I dont mean flopping in on top (although reading it again, it sounds very much like what I am implying), I meant more the simultaneous one low, one high tackle.

Or at least ensuring in the tackle, that our defender lands on top of the attacker.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.