Round 10 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Hot damn the Sea Eagles vs. Melbourne game was good.

Manly's defence is legitimately good, they put so much pressure on the Storm and show so much resilience yet the Storm kept on coming.

Manly were so stupid. First time they bomb to fonua - try. First time they bomb to Waqa? Slater makes an 80m line break.

For some strange reason Waqa fielded more bombs since then.

He's basically Utai v2.0

Handful with the ball but pretty dreadful underneath it.

The crazy thing is, Fonua is like 185cm (Utai is 168cm) yet it doesn't come across like that on the telly.

It was indeed an awesome game, I was hoping Manly would win it at the death but a draw was a fair result really. I couldn't say at the end of that game that either team was the better team.

He's basically Utai v2.0

Handful with the ball but pretty dreadful underneath it.

The crazy thing is, Fonua is like 185cm (Utai is 168cm) yet it doesn't come across like that on the telly.

Is he though? I see fonua run well from his own half but of all the six tries he has scored this year not once was it a barnstorming, bulldozing run.

2/3 elements ain't bad.

Extremely ordinary under the high ball - check

Very handy ball carrier inside your own half - check

I can't wait to see someone tackle him by the rat tail!

Great game though - makes up for the fact that 6/7 games this weekend were complete no contests with shit quality.

It's been a strange year really for quality contests. Souths/Melbourne and Souths/Manly were good games but are people going to remember them beyond this year? Last night's game was a good addition to the Melbourne/Manly rivalry.

I didn't have the problem with the floggings. I'd rather a good flogging like we saw on Friday and Sunday than a frustrating close contest where both teams struggle to score points. Plus, it made for an interesting week in the VRL.

Manly's defense was great, Melbourne were garbage and deserved to lose.

Draws can **** off

Active Now

• kman
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.