Round 10 Discussion

Watching Tigers/Bulldogs...

Somebody needs to rescue Luke Brooks. Whether it's St George Illawarra, Melbourne or Penrith, he needs to get out of the Tigers. Here you have one of the most natural halfbacks in the competition, and your plan to develop him as a player is to play him as a second receiver behind Aaron Woods and Elijah Taylor. His biggest crime of the afternoon was his shortkicking game. Even then, the referees screwed him over at one point with Jackson clearly knocking on. Brooks is to blame for that, but Taylor should have drummed into his head the cross-field kick and putting Tyrone Phillips under pressure.

Then again, when Jordan Rankin is your winger, I wouldn't be keen to kick to him either.

I'm not buying into the Moses > Brooks narrative. Moses may have had more highlights, but they didn't do a lot for me. He did his job, running onto an Aaron Woods pass to score a good try but aside from that he was poor. The chip and chase when the game was well and truly over did nothing for me, defensively he was horrible and he was less involved than Brooks. If I had to pick between the two, I'd take Brooks every single day.

Still, his try highlights what the Tigers need more of. Forget about passing it onto Naiqama & Nofoaluma, Moses should be the Tigers answer to Morgan. Set up plays based around his running game and even have him run the ball up on occasion. That's his value and how he should be played.

Even Woods seems out of place at the Tigers. He's a quality player, huge motor and all that jazz but his lumbering runs don't give the Tigers the momentum they need in the ruck. To be fair, you could have had Justin Hodges playing the ball, Halatau would still give you little service.

Lots of side to side footy from Wests, if they can change the angles, give the playmakers option either side they could be a fringe finals side. At this rate, they're competing for the wooden spoon.

SOS Teddy.

Canterbury were clinical, capitilising on numerous opportunities and ultimately getting the better of Wests. They'll finish inside the 8, but I struggle seeing them achieving much else.

Regarding Luke Brooks, I was thinking the Bulldogs might be the perfect fit for him, assuming they are willing to move on from Josh Reynolds (Seems pretty unlikely, they love him)

1. B.Morris
2. Rona
3. J.Morris
4. Hopoate
5. Perrett
6. Mbye
7. Brooks

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Mighty Bronx
  • jd87
  • Skathen
  • Mustafur
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Fatboy
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • Xzei
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.