Round 10 Discussion

It wasn't that bad a tackle.
It was blatant and can easily cause an injury. As a professional, Smith knows this, but it doesn't stop him from doing it, which stems from the absolutely filthy grub culture at the Storm.

I would love Bellamy as the Broncos coach, and would have Smith as his assistant, all for their tactical nous and discipline, but that is where I would have Wayne as the football manager to maintain the club's ethics and hopefully stop that type of culture creeping into our team!

It was blatant and can easily cause an injury. As a professional, Smith knows this, but it doesn't stop him from doing it, which stems from the absolutely filthy grub culture at the Storm.

I would love Bellamy as the Broncos coach, and would have Smith as his assistant, all for their tactical nous and discipline, but that is where I would have Wayne as the football manager to maintain the club's ethics and hopefully stop that type of culture creeping into our team!

Yeah absolutely, doesn't change the fact that when you watch that tackle in normal speed, it really isn't that bad. You could DEFINITELY argue he didn't injure Proctor deliberately. Players pull legs all the time and that is a separate problem in itself.

Yeah absolutely, doesn't change the fact that when you watch that tackle in normal speed, it really isn't that bad. You could DEFINITELY argue he didn't injure Proctor deliberately. Players pull legs all the time and that is a separate problem in itself.
Speaking for myself, I immediately thought it was a fucking grubby move, which is likely to cause injury.

It's not about deliberately causing injury, it's about deliberately ignoring the risk.

Whether intentional or not it stems from the bullshit wrestling the Storm have brought into the game. He was trying to turn him around using his leg as a handle so he was facing the wrong way.

What an odd year. Smith gets put in the bin and misses a game through suspension.

That's an interesting one. Would Bellamy be as good if he wasn't allowed to bend the rules to within an inch of their lives? Maybe his tactical nous only works if he is allowed to let his players wrestle and grub out the other team to the point of gaining significant momentum. Just thinking out loud.

That's an interesting one. Would Bellamy be as good if he wasn't allowed to bend the rules to within an inch of their lives? Maybe his tactical nous only works if he is allowed to let his players wrestle and grub out the other team to the point of gaining significant momentum. Just thinking out loud.
I certainly think it (alongside their defensive ruthlessness) improves the Storm's efficacy, but that is only part of the story imo.

They also have a rich and complex attacking structure, combinations, and clear evidence they adapt their game and devise tactics aimed at targeting the opposition's weaknesses. We have none of the latter, but can certainly deliver a sustained discipline and defense without the grubby attitude, which would be where Wayne comes in.

P.S. Of course, having a player of Smith's intelligence leading them around the park also helps.

If Bellamy was such a supercoach he wouldn't have needed to cheat salary caps, or lower themselves to the point where deliberately injuring other players is an acceptable price to pay for ruck dominance. Even he knows that Smith and co. were always his meal ticket, we'll see exactly how good he is when he has to rebuild a team properly (not just plug gaps around his decade-plus-old spine and game plan).

Active Now

• jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.