3:00 PM
- Gold Coast Titans vs Canterbury Bulldogs
5:30 PM - North Queensland Cowboys vs Parramatta Eels
7:35 PM - Canberra Raiders vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

Sunday

2:00 PM
- St George Illawarra Dragons vs Newcastle Knights
4:05 PM - Cronulla Sharks vs Manly Sea Eagles

Josh Mansour and Reagan Campbell-Gillard dropped for the Panthers.

Yeah, there are a couple more that should be dropped..

I agree with both of those decisions, they've been very ordinary. I still think Maloney is their biggest problem. The sheer amount of missed tackles, errors & penalties he makes is clearly hurting the teams morale and confidence. Drop him and bring in Luai or another young running Five-Eighth and I think you'll see a completely different team.

I wonder if To'o has been upgraded to an NRL deal? It would be strange for the NRL to grant the Panthers special dispensation when Mansour isn't injured.

Brian is a player to keep an eye on. He was a stand-out in the Panthers Jersey Flegg side last year and forced his way into NSW Cup where he finished off the season. I was surprised he wasn't upgraded to an NRL deal sooner, I would have considered him a smokey for Round 1 so I'm keen to see how he's progressed this year.

I'm not sure if dropping Egan or Campbell-Gillard is the answer. There's obvious teething problems with Egan but he's been creative out of dummy half and just needs time in the middle. Reagan has been very lazy, but I like the impact he brings off the bench. I think he's a good tag team partner for Tamou, where you can take him off and bring Reagan in. It allows Campbell-Gillard more freedom to take his runs each sets and makes for a better defensive unit. Teams have figured out that if you can spread Penrith out, you can expose them through the middle ala the Cowboys. I don't see how Leota or Ellis provide a better fit.

I'm also perplexed by Tyrell Fuimaono who is in that awkward position players like Tom Symonds found themselves in where they're not quite an edge forward and definitely not a centre but they find themselves there anyways. I didn't think much of him being signed to an NRL spot, and I think less of it now that Cleary hasn't bothered to turn him into an edge backrow.

I'm saving my biggest complaint for James Fisher-Harris. I rate him as one of the best middles in the competition, but Cleary is hell-bent on making him an 80 minute workhorse. I thought he was awful on the edge last week and I can't see him fairing much better this week with Harris, Tuivasa-Sheck and Nikorima running out-wide. For mine, he should be that 50-60 minute player who's job is to set the tempo and take on the best forward on any pack.

If Maloney wasn't a dual premiership and incumbent Origin player, he would have been dropped weeks ago. Cleary is in an awkward position where James has another year left on his contract and he knows a demotion is as good as a release. I think Ivan has had to talk himself off a ledge a few times with this team and I wouldn't be surprised that he's banking on Nathan being selected for NSW to give Luai a proper go. Playing him off the bench for 10-20 minutes is a huge waste.

I noticed RCG has been below par this season.
Hasn't had near the same impact compared to previous seasons.
Big Pete touched on a couple of points, wonder if there's any other underlying factors?

I'm looking forward to watching Ryan Papenhuyzen play for the Storm. He looks the goods. I wonder what we could achieve with a FB like him.

Excellent start from the Tigers so far forcing two repeat sets in a row.

Bit predictable in attack, though.

Cameron Smith's dropout goes out on the full.

Tigers get a penalty in front and are taking the two. Personally, I think Tigers taking the two against the Storm is the wrong call.

I'm looking forward to watching Ryan Papenhuyzen play for the Storm. He looks the goods. I wonder what we could achieve with a FB like him.

He's been Johnny on the spot so far.

Isn't afraid to put his body on the line, as well.

Refs not letting Storm lay all over tackled players so far.

Let's see if it stays that way.

Eisenhuth you dope.

Tigers had a chance on the right there.

Tigers get yet another penalty coming out of their end.

Refs are penalizing Storm hard at home, maybe the NRL have finally noticed the blowback

Excellent work Papenhuyzen.

Tigers going for the two again....

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.