Round 10 Discussion

Assuming you do mean the Boyd obstruction I think it was the correct call according to how they have called it this year.

I think they have been anally consistent this year so I'm fine with that even though I have disagreed with some obvious milking.

There was an obstruction call in the Knights game today against Fitzgibbon on Frizell which I thought was just as soft as can be and Frizell had zero chance of getting close to Ponga but it was given. If that is the way they call them all then that is the standard and everyone knows it sio it's up to the attacking team to do it right.

How did you see it @Big Pete.

I didn't think it should have gone that far. The referees completely made up a six again call and if ever the conspiracy theorists had any weight for a tight finish, that was it. It reminded me a lot of the phantom penalty Greg Bird received in Game II 2014 that Hodkinson happened to score off of but I digress.

I'm leaning towards it being the right call but it would have been interesting to see if Ashley Klein would have had the same opinion as Grant Atkins. Over the years I believe Ashley has had an over-active imagination and his ability to manufacture intent has been incredibily curious. Never the less, I believe people accusing Darius Boyd of taking a dive are also using some creative license. If you see the replay, Darius actually reads the Keary play very early on which is why he pushes hard from the inside. He did exactly what a defensive player should do in that situation. However, Warea-Hargreaves happens to push forward and you can see Boyd bracing as you would if you had somebody with a 193cm and 108kg frame charging at you. Jared had to realise in that situation that he had to run at the inside shoulder of any opponent but Warea didn't make any attempt other than to hit the outside shoulder. Whatever benefit of the doubt had to be eradicated from that point on.

Did you see it the same way or is that just my Maroon and Gold glasses getting in the way?

I actually think it's a good lesson for Darius. That his defence which he built his performance on against Manly was rewarded and ensured the Broncos won the game. I made mention of it with Ben Hunt, but if a player can fix one aspect of their game, it's amazing how everything else just seems to fall into place.

I didn't think it should have gone that far. The referees completely made up a six again call and if ever the conspiracy theorists had any weight for a tight finish, that was it. It reminded me a lot of the phantom penalty Greg Bird received in Game II 2014 that Hodkinson happened to score off of but I digress.

I'm leaning towards it being the right call but it would have been interesting to see if Ashley Klein would have had the same opinion as Grant Atkins. Over the years I believe Ashley has had an over-active imagination and his ability to manufacture intent has been incredibily curious. Never the less, I believe people accusing Darius Boyd of taking a dive are also using some creative license. If you see the replay, Darius actually reads the Keary play very early on which is why he pushes hard from the inside. He did exactly what a defensive player should do in that situation. However, Warea-Hargreaves happens to push forward and you can see Boyd bracing as you would if you had somebody with a 193cm and 108kg frame charging at you. Jared had to realise in that situation that he had to run at the inside shoulder of any opponent but Warea didn't make any attempt other than to hit the outside shoulder. Whatever benefit of the doubt had to be eradicated from that point on.

Did you see it the same way or is that just my Maroon and Gold glasses getting in the way?

I actually think it's a good lesson for Darius. That his defence which he built his performance on against Manly was rewarded and ensured the Broncos won the game. I made mention of it with Ben Hunt, but if a player can fix one aspect of their game, it's amazing how everything else just seems to fall into place.

Yes, I saw it exactly that way. Boyd read the play and went hard JWH got in the way, penalty .

JWH was bugging me all game the way he interferes with the play. You know, how he suddenly gets clumsy in the ruck, laying on tackles players ( too long IMO ) but getting off just in time. He and the chooks in general are just daring the refs to penalise them.

Has there been a rookie more overrated than Xerri?

I swear if you listen to the commentators you would think he is tearing up the comp, but all I see from him is dropped ball after dropped ball.

He has scored a couple of good tries but he has also bombed several. The bloke has a lot of speed but he has feet for hands.

I swear if you listen to the commentators you would think he is tearing up the comp, but all I see from him is dropped ball after dropped ball.

He has scored a couple of good tries but he has also bombed several. The bloke has a lot of speed but he has feet for hands.
Yeah, I compared him to Ben Pomeroy a couple of weeks back. Feet instead of hands for sure. Last week was the only time I've seen him hold onto the ball.

That dumb bottle blonde on the Foouty show called him and the Storm's puppyhouse 'absolute superstars' . Really?

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • Socnorb
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • bazza
  • Culhwch
  • marw
  • Jedhead
  • kman
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Porthoz
  • Behold
  • Kev_Guz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.