Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he'll be nice and fresh come Origin time

CM saying Jai Arrow will make his debut on Saturday off te bench. They haven't got the full team up yet though.

CM saying Jai Arrow will make his debut on Saturday off te bench. They haven't got the full team up yet though.

Coolio.

As 1910 said in one of the earlier threads, he's not going to come on and provide instant impact, he's not that type of player, I hope he gets ~60 minutes though, that's one of his main strengths, great motor.

What is with people's obsession with McGuire at hooker? Changing the whole team rotation to move a prop to hooker is mind baffling.

McGuire played hooker for Samoa at the last world cup and was pretty darn good. Was dangerous out of dummy half and gave grwat fast service.

McGuire didn't play in the World Cup.

BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. James Roberts
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Travis Waddell
10. Jarrod Wallace
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:

14. Herman Ese’ese
15. Jai Arrow
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Edit: I'm happy to give Waddell another shot. It will be good to see Jai get a run....assuming he'll come on for Sam at the 50-60 minute mark?

Last edited:
Edit: I'm happy to give Waddell another shot. It will be good to see Jai get a run....assuming he'll come on for Sam at the 50-60 minute mark?

Sam will probably come off at the 25-30 minute mark.

Wow... I will pay $10 cash money to not see Waddell on the squad.

He has been dubbed a Corey Parker clone and the suspension of Adam Blair and injury to Alex Glenn has opened the door for highly-touted Broncos lock forward Jai Arrow to make his NRL debut off the bench in Saturday night's clash with the Sea Eagles at Suncorp Stadium.

A Queensland Residents representative in last weekend's Representative Round, 20-year-old Arrow was a member of the Junior Kangaroos this time last year and was named in the Holden Cup Team of the Year.

Arrow cleaned up all the major awards for the under-20s team at the Broncos' presentation night last year and has impressed many with his performances for Norths Devils in the Intrust Super Cup this season.

Scott Sattler - a veteran of 203 top-flight games - has followed the Burleigh product's progress closely since he was 14 years of age and has no doubt he will acquit himself well in the second game of the blockbuster double-header at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday.

"He's an NRL player waiting to happen," said Sattler. "It's not so much the way that he plays – because that's outstanding – it's the way that he prepares and looks after himself.

"He prepares every day as if he is an NRL player now and could get a call-up tonight.

"If a game went for a week he'd still be going and his first hit-up and his first tackle would be exactly the same as his last."

Arrow's first taste of senior football with the Broncos came in a trial against Souths Logan in February when the majority of the NRL squad was in England for the World Club Series and he said then that he would use his time in the Intrust Super Cup to prove himself to coach Wayne Bennett.

"I'm trying to prove a point and prove to Wayne [Bennett] that I can take the next step," Arrow told NRL.com.

"I'm going to need to get used to playing with men because I haven't played any Queensland Cup. I'll need to work on my physicality and defensive skills with the step up to this higher level.

"I'm really enjoying having people I grew up watching around me. Having guys like Sam Thaiday and Parker around is pretty special and I'm really relishing it."

Arrow handed Broncos debut - NRL.com

Great reward for Jai; not long overdue but getting close to overdue.

His leadership over the course of camp and then his performance after 8 games was awesome.

73 minutes
50 tackles
15 hit ups
165m
5 tackles breaks
2 offloads
2 missed tackles

Great work in a side that lost well. You guys won't be disappointed on Saturday.

Last edited:

His leadership over the course of camp and then his performance after 8 games was awesome.

73 minutes
50 tackles
15 hit ups
165m
5 tackles breaks
2 offloads
2 missed tackles

Great work in a side that lost well. You guys won't be disappointed on Saturday.

Something to look forward too.

Can't say I'm happy to see Waddell there. Did Bennett not watch him against the Sharks??????

I can see why Wayne would pick Waddell again, considering McCullough is likely back next weekend, no point in messing with our rotations by shifting McGuire or bringing in yet another rookie.

73 minutes
50 tackles
15 hit ups
165m
5 tackles breaks
2 offloads
2 missed tackles

Hopefully, in his own way, and with a little time, Corey Oates Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • HarryAllan7
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.