Round 11 Discussion

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: globaleagle

Any thoughts from our Warriors friends on Hiku signing for the cowboys?

Couldn't match the cowboys offer, but that happens everywhere (except the rorters)

So sad, angry, indifferent, hungry?

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Rick O'Shay

Bit sad to see him go. Defensive liability but in a team (ours) where offense was few and far between he was good.

Natural footballer just not as natural as Reece. Had a nice fend to get him outside and the backflip pass to his winger was a trademark.

Good luck to him

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Gizzyfan

Any thoughts from our Warriors friends on Hiku signing for the cowboys?

Couldn't match the cowboys offer, but that happens everywhere (except the rorters)

So sad, angry, indifferent, hungry?

Sorry to lose him for his attacking skills, as good as anyone for getting his Wing into space, defensively ranged from average to terrible. Good Utility value and seems a good bloke. One of those guys you are sorry to lose, but see why he wasn't kept, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the insights.

When he was at Manly some years ago I didn't mind his reliability and versatility and ability to makeacupoftea....

My only complaint back then was after every tackle he'd take 2 mins to play the ball with 1min 55 seconds of that - arms outstretched begging the ref for a penalty.

Reece does seem to be a step in the right direction.

- can't keep them all.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Dan

Thanks for your participation in this thread lads, We will be locking the thread today and moving to a new post for round 12.

Really happy with the way everyone joined it, was great to see and look forward to this weeks chat

Thanks for the insights.

When he was at Manly some years ago I didn't mind his reliability and versatility and ability to makeacupoftea....

My only complaint back then was after every tackle he'd take 2 mins to play the ball with 1min 55 seconds of that - arms outstretched begging the ref for a penalty.

Reece does seem to be a step in the right direction.

- can't keep them all.

Personally for me Lawton was the biggest loss for us, He seemed to go OK for you guys, I always liked his attitude. Versatile too, he filled in at Wing, Centre and 2nd Row for use and always competed. You have a good one there.

Your clubs could just be like ours, give away everyone AND subsidise them. Take on everyone else's plodders at full wage plus add a player option.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Dan

Posted on behalf of BroncosHQ.com user: Sproj

Your clubs could just be like ours, give away everyone AND subsidise them. Take on everyone else's plodders at full wage plus add a player option.
nah we just use the bulldogs to send our rejects to

Personally for me Lawton was the biggest loss for us, He seemed to go OK for you guys, I always liked his attitude. Versatile too, he filled in at Wing, Centre and 2nd Row for use and always competed. You have a good one there.

thank you :)

Before Peter O'Sullivan took over you could have sold Warriors recruitment magic beans, without the monster at the end of the beanstalk. Been bloody good since though.

Before Peter O'Sullivan took over you could have sold Warriors recruitment magic beans, without the monster at the end of the beanstalk. Been bloody good since though.

Him and Nolan (our recruitment 'manager') would give your former bloke a run for his money. I mean, hey we thought it would be a good idea to not even try and match you guys for Walsh.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: The Who

Does anyone give Brisbane a chance to beat Melbourne this round?
I was impressed with the way Brisbane bashed up Easts last round. In fact, that upset result robbed me of what would have been my second perfect round in a row.
When you look at the teams The Broncos actually look stronger. The Storm have a lot of players few of us know about. Of course, when you snap out of it you realised that The Storm is unlike any other club. No matter who they pick they are always in the contest. Even though I don't like The Storm I can't help admiring them.

Him and Nolan (our recruitment 'manager') would give your former bloke a run for his money. I mean, hey we thought it would be a good idea to not even try and match you guys for Walsh.

Different with you guys, but I don't think we have ever had a Recruitment guy on the inside of Aussie RL before. Not stirring but where did Walsh fit in with your Club's issues with Halves and FB. We find it hard to understand.

Different with you guys, but I don't think we have ever had a Recruitment guy on the inside of Aussie RL before. Not stirring but where did Walsh fit in with your Club's issues with Halves and FB. We find it hard to understand.

We have no halves and we have no fullback, so I guess the club felt he was too good for us. But honestly, the fact we apparently didn't want to go above 250k for him despite you guys rolling out the red carpet is just another bad decision among so many for our recruitment and retention team, which is the worst in the league. We find really good talent but we don't know how to hold on them, we have no perceivable plan other than panic when a kid comes off contract. We also love to tie up forwards but forget the spine is the key.

We also love to tie up forwards but forget the spine is the key.
Yeah it’s like we think every superstar spine player in the comp will drop their shit and come here for 200k and the chance to play with Milford and that pack of forwards. Please sign another spine player Brisbane.

The Broncos plan was to back the senior players in the team and have them weather the early onslaught as the younger players came through the grades. Obviously Walsh put his hand up in that Wynnum trial and would have come into the team at some point but then your club took a punt on him and offered him a serious NRL deal. The Broncos who had been burnt by offering a lot of their younger players similar deals resisted the urge to get into a bidding war.

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Ryan

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Rick O'Shay

Bit sad to see him go. Defensive liability but in a team (ours) where offense was few and far between he was good.

Natural footballer just not as natural as Reece. Had a nice fend to get him outside and the backflip pass to his winger was a trademark.

Good luck to him

Tell ya what mate, O'Sullivan will get you guys balanced and firing. The guy knows how to win a signing.

Posted on behalf of NZWarriors user: Worried2Death

Posted on behalf of Silvertails user: Ryan

Tell ya what mate, O'Sullivan will get you guys balanced and firing. The guy knows how to win a signing.
We can't believe our luck, POS falls in our lap when he gets run out of Aussie and then we get Gus and Reece. I'm starting to believe in the footy God, the Broncs must have fucked Him off by erecting false idols of king Wally all over Queensland.

Unread

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • eggstar10
  • sooticus
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.