Round 12 - Broncos vs. Manly - Post-Match Discussion

Hell yeah! :takdir:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we play like that all the time. Offloads and throwing it around with the forwards seems to be the way to get the best out of our team.

We play better without Hodges in the team.

Why can't we play like that all the time. Offloads and throwing it around with the forwards seems to be the way to get the best out of our team.

Hodges just needs to stay in position full time now. go back to the days when he'd just run off locky. hunt is developing nicely and we don't need Hodges carrying the team

I understand the need to play as many games as possible in 'prime time' but afternoon football is the shiznit ... the football is better and games just seem to have more character ...

With you all the way. Would love more day games. Can't remember the last one? Last one I remember going to was against in the Knights, 2012 I think?

Without Hodges trying to do everything himself would probably be a better statement... :wink:

Awesome afternoon of footy. First win at home against Manly in ages and I'm stuck at home... FMD

Great win, dominating the Eels completely and for the first time in a while, we were solid in the ruck, not allowing Manly easy meters. Also, great to see that we corrected our right edge defense at half time, as Manly were looking likely every time they went there in the first half.

Need to watch the replay before forming my opinion on the players individual performance. Hunt is a no brainer for MOTM, but I'm struggling to think of who's more deserving of the other podium spots...

Hodges just needs to stay in position full time now. go back to the days when he'd just run off locky. hunt is developing nicely and we don't need Hodges carrying the team

Agreed. Mind you, he carried us as best he could for most of last year. Hard for him to take a back seat after that. Hopefully he can find a comfortable balance as the season progresses.

Got home in time to catch the last twenty minutes on Nine. I've given him a lot of flak, but gee, Reed had a good game. Really kept Lyon and Stewart quiet for much of the night.

Looked like Barba wasn't limping for the first time this year which is great signs for the future.

The limping stops at the same time the 'salary cap breach' reaches the media.

A strange coincidence. :suspicious: :tongue:

I am joking people.

Most I've enjoyed a Broncos game in ages.

We didn't just win, we played some really good footy too.

Hunt was brilliant yet again.

Thought our forwards really stood up as well.

Best of all, we played for 80 minutes!

Everyone was great except for Hoffman again (other than that one kick). His final kick was lolz. McGuire was immense up front.

interesting little nugget on the commentary from Phil Gould - getting the grand tour from the broncos a couple of years ago ..

How dangerous does vidot look with the ball kicked to the corner

Well that was a rather pleasant surprise I wasn't expecting us to win that game even though Manly were missing several top players.

Outstanding performance by Ben Hunt again he was easily my MOM and was 9's MOM as well.

Great win, I'll be the negative nancy and say that Gillett was poor, he did some good stuff, including that massive 100m try, but I counted at least 3-4 unforced errors and several missed tackles, one of which lead to the Matai try.

But now I've got that out of the way, good stuff all around, Hunt was brilliant, Barba looked more involved, Vidot & Reed put together good performances. Let's hope we play like this every week. Maybe those Friday night games are a disadvantage afterall..

How is Hunt going in the Dally M's? He'd have to be up there you would think.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.