Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Brisbane Broncos vs Wests Tigers
Suncorp Stadium, Friday 27 May 2016
Kickoff 7:50pm

1420536256.png

1. Jordan Kahu 2. Greg Eden 3. Jack Reed 4. James Roberts 5. Lachlan Maranta 6. Anthony Milford 7. Ben Hunt 8. Jo Ofanhengaue 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Jaydn Sua 13. Jarrod Wallace
Interchange: 14. Jai Arrow 15. Herman Essese 16. Tevita Pangai Junior 17. Kodi Nikorima
1420555653.png

1. Jordan Rankin 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tim Simona 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Tim Grant 9. Dene Halatau 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Matt Ballin 16. Kyle Lovett 17. JJ Felise 18. Michael Chee-Kam

St George Illawarra Dragons vs North Queensland Cowboys
WIN Stadium, Saturday 28 May 2016
Kickoff 7:30pm

1420517205.png

1. Jason Nightingale 2. Kalifa Faifai Loa 3. Euan Aitken 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Kurt Mann 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Benji Marshall 8. Leeson Ah Mau 9. Mitch Rein 10. Russell Packer 11. Jake Marketo 12. Joel Thompson 13. Michael Cooper
Interchange: 14. Jacob Host 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Siliva Havili 17. Will Matthews 19. Josh McCrone
1420530280.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Javid Bowen 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Jahrome Hughes 7. Ray Thompson 8. Ben Hannant 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. John Asiata 16. Coen Hess 17. Patrick Kaufusi

Canberra Raiders vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
GIO Stadium, Sunday 29 May 2016
Kickoff 4:00pm

1420535536.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Shannon Boyd 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Iosia Soliola 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Jeff Lima 16. Luke Bateman 17. Joseph Tapine 18. Clay Priest
1420513222.png

1. Sam Perrett 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Kerrod Holland 5. Tyrone Phillips 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 12. Greg Eastwood 13. Tim Browne
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Adam Elliot 16. Danny Fualalo 17. Craig Garvey

Newcastle Knights vs Parramatta Eels
Hunter Stadium, Monday 30 May 2016
Kickoff 7:00pm

1420538042.png

1. Jake Mamo 2. Cory Denniss 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Nathan Ross 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jaelen Feeney 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Sam Mataora 9. Danny Levi 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tariq Sims 12. Pauli Pauli 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Tyler Randell 15. Korbin Sims 16. Josh King 17. Mickey Paea 18. David Bhana 19. Pat Mata'utia
1420522582.png

1. Michael Gordon 2. Semi Radradra 3. Vai Toutai 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Clinton Gutherson 6. Corey Norman 7. Kieran Foran 8. Junior Paulo 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Danny Wicks 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Beau Scott 13. Tepai Moeroa
Interchange: 14. Kaysa Pritchard 15. Peni Terepo 16. David Gower 17. Ken Edwards

So no surprises as to who is in the Qld team BUT interestingly, Morris named for the Dogs so seems he is not in the NSW team. Frizzell not named so looks like he's in.

Interesting. I understand Laurie wanting to change things up, but I don't see how Frizell will be an improvement on Morris.

He's much more aggressive, but as a result he gives away plenty of penalties and makes a few errors. I can't say I'm worried to see him in the team.

Coote has really stepped up to play first receiver on big plays this week.

Better put a line through the cows now too.

Another Origin upset.

Is it just me, or was the result tonight an absolute farce? If the Cowboys had their full Origin contigent would the Dragons have even gone close? The Cowboys had six repeat sets and looked lost on every single occasion. Outside of some individual brilliance from Jahrome Hughes, the only play that looked threatening was the cross-field kick for Kyle "Israel" Feldt. It isn't an accurate representation of them as a team, yet it could very well reflect on their season come September.

Even then, I'm sure there were 14 other sides that would have enjoyed playing the Cowboys tonight. The Dragons earn a handy two points that could net them a top 8 spot.

It's difficult to take this competition seriously at times.

Coote has really stepped up to play first receiver on big plays this week.

Quality player.

Thought his knee on Nightingale was very ordinary.

He's starting to become a cheap shot merchant. Between that, the elbow in the back of Boyd in the GF and the push in the back of Milford.

None of those excuses were good enough for the Broncos, why are they good enough for the Cowboys?

That seems to be a hallmark of all the Cows since Green took over though. Although I thought the knee was unintentional (assuming you mean the one in the dragons in-goal).

The dragons really benefited from the wrestling being penalised in the first half, yet the same exact stuff was being let go in the second.

Better put a line through the cows now too.

:laugh:

It just goes to show how ridiculous the Origin season is. The Cowboys played better than Brisbane and still looked a shell of themselves. The Dragons didn't play that well either, they weren't as good as what Wests were across the 80 and would have gone down if they swapped opponents with Brisbane.

Taumalolo, Lowe (say that out loud) and Feldt impressed me.

For St George Illawarra Frizell, Cooper and Widdop stood out to me.

Nice try by Aitken as well. I've said it before, but if NSW are obsessed with defending Inglis, Aitken would do as good a job as any. Whether you can take it as a compliment or a criticism of Morris is entirely up to you.

Although I thought the knee was unintentional (assuming you mean the one in the dragons in-goal).

Yes...

Nothing happens by accident on a footy field.

The Cowboys weren't poor tonight, they were beaten by the better team on the night. The Broncos were poor though. The difference in the teams was the Cows lost the players who were largely responsible for producing the points whereas the Broncos had their points machines still in place. If Hunt and Milford were missing and we had to put in players playing out of position ( or stop gaps who can play those positions ) and we got the same result we could forgive the result. The fact we had our playmakers in is what has galled most Bronco supporters.

19 year old Reimis Smith makes his debut in place of Josh Morris.

Quality prospect, keep an eye out for him.

Canberra 1-17.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncorob
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.