Round 12 Discussion

So what was that theory about teams scoring after they kick a penalty goal again?

Oh ho man these teams suck, thank origin for such poor quality.

Good result for the Broncs, terrible result for the quality of rugby league.

Just putting into out there... does Andrew johns fucking love latrell Mitchell? "Get the ball to latrell"
"Latrell is the man"
"Wow how good is latrell Mitchell"
Same with the Trbojevic brothers I feel like any time johns commentates manly all he does is praise them. Yes they're all quality players but he acts like they're the next immortals.

Just putting into out there... does Andrew johns fucking love latrell Mitchell? "Get the ball to latrell"
"Latrell is the man"
"Wow how good is latrell Mitchell"
Same with the Trbojevic brothers I feel like any time johns commentates manly all he does is praise them. Yes they're all quality players but he acts like they're the next immortals.
Yeah he's pretty effusive, gets a bit much.

It wasn't pretty, but the better side won in the end. The Raiders were physically all over the Roosters from the 20th minute on with Tapine, Whitehead & Soliola in particular leading the way. With their go forward along with the charges of Rapana and Cotric, they really should have gone on with it but Hodgson, Austin & Sezer struggled to execute when opportunities were available.

The Roosters were gutsy albeit impatient and ill-disciplined. They had an opportunity to steal it late, but they were guilty of wanting to score off of every play instead of creating opportunity for a Keary or Mitchell to win it. As poor as they were, coach Trent Robinson deserves a share of the blame. It was obvious from the opening exchanges that the Watson/Keary partnership was off and they really needed to bring Cornish in much sooner than he was. With 3 minutes to go, what was the point?

Former Bronco Lindsay Collins started his stint with plenty of gusto. I thought his enthusiasm swung the tide, but it took a lot out of him and he quickly found out how much faster the game is in the NRL. He'll be better for the run though and I can see him becoming a player we all look back on and regret letting go.

Back to back wins for the Raiders, if they play their cards right, they can build their season on this Origin period, just like they did last year.

On a separate note...

Perenara had a poor game with the whistle. The flow of penalties rang false and he just seemed unsure of himself the entire afternoon. When he referred that first try to Rapana, it seemed like he was going to call play back but thought he may as well refer it just in case. Since the video referee cannot check on forward passes, the rest of the play was fine, even though in Perenara's eyes it wasn't a try. Fortunately he didn't decide the result, but I thought his performance had an influence on the game.

As much as I prefer 9's commentary, Gus' commentary was completely one sided. I'm not sure what it is, but whenever Gus calls a Roosters, Bulldogs or Panthers game, you know you're only going to get one perspective. I quite enjoy Gus' insight on the game and find myself agreeing with him more often than not, but this was a good opportunity to talk the Raiders up as an attraction and he wasn't interested from the get go.

On a separate note...

Perenara had a poor game with the whistle. The flow of penalties rang false and he just seemed unsure of himself the entire afternoon. When he referred that first try to Rapana, it seemed like he was going to call play back but thought he may as well refer it just in case. Since the video referee cannot check on forward passes, the rest of the play was fine, even though in Perenara's eyes it wasn't a try. Fortunately he didn't decide the result, but I thought his performance had an influence on the game.

As much as I prefer 9's commentary, Gus' commentary was completely one sided. I'm not sure what it is, but whenever Gus calls a Roosters, Bulldogs or Panthers game, you know you're only going to get one perspective. I quite enjoy Gus' insight on the game and find myself agreeing with him more often than not, but this was a good opportunity to talk the Raiders up as an attraction and he wasn't interested from the get go.

Totally agree on the Gus's commentary thing. It was Rooster this Roosters that all afternoon. Knew I was in for a long afternoon when Raiders got that penalty in the first half on their own 10m line and Gus kept carrying on about how they didn't deserve it because Roosters had them under the pump(even though it was a clear penalty for holding down too long) ....I thought he isn't allowed to call the Panthers games anymore? Can't remember a time in recent history where he has...?

Totally agree on the Gus's commentary thing. It was Rooster this Roosters that all afternoon. Knew I was in for a long afternoon when Raiders got that penalty in the first half on their own 10m line and Gus kept carrying on about how they didn't deserve it because Roosters had them under the pump(even though it was a clear penalty for holding down too long) ....I thought he isn't allowed to call the Panthers games anymore? Can't remember a time in recent history where he has...?

Not anymore, but Gus used to have his moments with the Panthers. Still, I could go either way with that third spot given his soft spot for the Tigers. I don't believe he ever coached them, but there was a period where he was in love with Benji Marshall, started a meme about Big 'Keefy' and would talk them up deluxe even when they were bog average.

I'm not sure what his opinion really is, but he seems to talk down the Sharks, Cowboys and Storm an awful lot. I remember during the 2015 finals when Melbourne beat the Roosters he started this mini-campaign about how Melbourne were ruining the game with their defence around the ruck. He couldn't have said enough nice things about the Broncos/Cowboys game, even though stats later showed that the Cowboys were holding teams down longer in the ruck more than anyone...

Active Now

• Behold
  • Footy Fanatic
  • MrTickyMcG
  • achievedrap
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.