7:50 PM - Penrith Panthers vs Manly Sea Eagles

Friday

7:55 PM - Parramatta Eels vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

Saturday

7:35 PM - Canterbury Bulldogs vs Canberra Raiders

Sunday

4:05 PM - Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys

Tough game to tip tonight.

In a lot of ways, the Manly squad has an inherit advantage over the Panthers. The Manly forward pack is more effective than Penrith's and their dummy halves can tear teams apart through the middle. They should be able to isolate Maloney who is one of the worst defenders in the competition and either generate points or penalties.

However, they will be without Jake Trbojevic who is the heart of the team. He's the best defensive player through the middle and his technique is second to none. Manly will miss his presence and Maloney and Luai should be able to pick them apart through the fringes.

In the arm-wrestle, Penrith are more effective of getting outside of their own half with Edwards, Mansour and To'o all effective at making metres. Meanwhile outside of Taufua Manly really struggle for ground and can fall apart if they play off the back foot like they did against the Gold Coast Titans. That's especially true now that they've lost Suli and have been made to shift Garrick to the centres. Both those players were instrumental in their exit sets and it remains to be seen how Garrick will go in a 'new' role. Miski who's been a forced call-up from Blacktown isn't renown in this department either.

I've got the home-side in a unconvincing but confidence building win. I got the sense last week the Panthers turned a corner while Manly were starting to feel the effects of missing so many key players. Take away Trbojevic, Parker and it's just more hits.

Gee this has been a nothing game so far, Manly were a farce with the amount of ball they had early on deep in Penrith's half.

Manly are just too depleted. They need a bye and their 2 main players back.

This game sucks, thank god the tennis is on.

Come on Panthers, another converted try or two.
[automerge]1559215816[/automerge]
Blah
[automerge]1559216564[/automerge]
Good not a complete choke.

Last edited:
How noice to see the boys sitting in the eight tonight. Have to admit there were times when I thought the whole year was a write off.

I'm looking forward to seeing some young bullet being introduced in the backs before the season ends.

Last edited:
How noice to see the boys sitting in the eight tonight. Have to admit there were times when I thought the whole year was a write off.

I'm looking forward to seeing some young bullet being introduced in the backs before the season ends.

If Shibasaki and/or Isaako continue to bumble their way through, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coates get a shot, particularly if the season heads south during origin.

Bloody bunnies so dreadful tonight! Has Origin really affected them?!?

Refs penalizing Moses for playing the ball too quickly.
What a ridiculous call IMO

Like Slater I'm a bit mystified as to why the clock was stopped 5:30 minutes out from full time when Souffs scored.

Connor Tracey is an absolute gun

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.