Round 12 Discussion

Yo, so when are the media going to attack Melbourne for losing Tino to the titans? The titans are paying him reasonable money compared to the amount they threw at fifi, but we are the club copping it.
Cos they don’t need him. It’s like when we lost all our players after 2006 no one cared.

Yo, so when are the media going to attack Melbourne for losing Tino to the titans? The titans are paying him reasonable money compared to the amount they threw at fifi, but we are the club copping it.

Because Fifita is one of our only good players and we'll struggle without him.

Storm will have Tino replaced before round 5 next year.

Smith is actually going to face time on the sidelines over an injury.

Rare moment.

Can they recall grant? Wouldn’t that be funny

I feel for DWZ. The only reason I can see someone doing that is momentary concussion from the collision. So why penalise that. Replay the PTB and get him assessed. The same with knock-ons from concussions. It just doesn’t seem right that the opposition should gain an advantage.

I remember a game at Suncorp a year or two ago when a Bronco did this. Naturally, it was a penalty against us.

As expected, a little more serious than a slight strain.
Mmmm, injuries starting to play their part in the retirement scenario. I'm still surprised the media haven't written anything about 2021 for CS9.

Mmmm, injuries starting to play their part in the retirement scenario. I'm still surprised the media haven't written anything about 2021 for CS9.

It's only a 2 week injury, that's why.

Well, if it wasn't already plain as day, the NRL really are scripting the Roosters and Eels into a GF. Even the Bulldogs got robbed against the Eels. Ref was unapologetic, Annesley's words after the fact are completely meaningless. I'm so over the quality of reffing in this sport.
[automerge]1596469626[/automerge]
When it sells more ads. Melbourne fans don't care and everyone loves to see Brisbane suffer

Last edited:
Watching that briefing by Annesley, I'm happy for Sivo to not be penalized for what he did at the end of the game.

If you look at the briefing, he goes through it frame-by-frame. If you watch his right arm as he's bringing the arm around to throw the ball and as he releases the ball, you can see the motion of the arm is heading towards his own goal-line. The ball floated forward, but it has not left the hand forward.

However, that no try early in the game, absolute rubbish decision by the ref. That was not an obstruction. Moses made a poor defensive read, simple as that. Question marks on whether the Bulldogs player receives the ball on the outside shoulder, but I don't think that matters when the defence has made a poor read.

In saying that, Bulldogs had a good amount of opportunities to win that game.

Tolman made a complete brain fart by taking that quick tap. But not only that, why they did not keep targeting that Eels right side amazes me. It was a clear weakness in their defensive line, but they did not target it enough.

Even if replays had have shown the pass did go marginally forward, I'm happy for the referees to let it go. It did give me pause, but from the hard camera I couldn't definitively say if it did go forward out the hands and if the call had have been wrong that would have created unnecessary headlines.

If Sivo had have done what I believe Isaako did against the Cowboys last year and clearly threw it forward then it's a different story.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • lynx000
  • GCBRONCO
  • mrslong
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Brocko
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Yem
  • vertigo
... and 72 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.