Round 13 - Sharks vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Re: Round 13 vs Sharks - Post game discussion

Just happy to get the two points.

We looked a better team across the park with Hoffman back and Baptiste on the bench. It's good to see we've got some options at dummy half and we're not at the ransom of one out of form player.

Forwards were all good, even Anderson who I've been critical of the past.

Defence still looked a little weak but it's a confidence thing.

Re: Round 13 vs Sharks - Post match discussion

Good win IMO, to put 30 odd points on the sharks at home in a night game is a good performance IMO. We could have been better but we could have been much much worse. Very excited about Baptiste.

Not sure how I feel about Beale in the centres. Didn't really go looking for the ball very much.
To be fair no centre looks for the ball more than the guy he is standing in for.

Defense is suspect also. Although wasn't tested that often.

Beale will be the next Boyd if he leaves the club.

Very impressed with Glenn and Reed on the left. Glenn has always been great in defence, and Reed looks like a strong tackler too, and their attacking games are getting better each week too.

We didn't attack the right edge much. Yow yeh barely saw the ball. We targeted Stapleton's wing.

Win's a win. And this win was more comprehensive than I expected.

Hoffman makes a huge difference. So much crisper in attack than Beale (can't believe some wanted Beale to stay fullback...)

Backrow was superb. Glenn is a superb player.

Good win, nice to be back in the winners circle. Great games by Reed and Glenn. Awesome to see Hoffman back and Beale was solid at centre (easy move out to the opposite wing once Hodges is back). Thought Macca played one of his best games this year but Baptiste seemed a little sharper, quicker and smarter.

Coxy said:
We didn't attack the right edge much. Yow yeh barely saw the ball. We targeted Stapleton's wing.

Win's a win. And this win was more comprehensive than I expected.

Hoffman makes a huge difference. So much crisper in attack than Beale (can't believe some wanted Beale to stay fullback...)

Backrow was superb. Glenn is a superb player.

Brisbane know what they can do with the right edge and when Hodges returns our right edge will be sweet, Tonight Locky/Wallace learnt alot imo about how to use the left edge and come round 20+ both sides of the field will be weapons

The last try was a joke with chicken legs obstructing thaiday and directly preventing him from tackling the player. Disappointing as we deserved to keep them scoreless in that second half.

Alex Glenn is so good in the backrow, I think we have the best backrow even with Gillett and te'o out injured.

If anyone criticizes McCullough tonight is a joke. He was awesome. Made some very good decisions, had a good kicking game and got us going forward. Only made one mistake, but counted that by setting up a try. Baptise was good off the bench, but McCullough the better of the two. Great to see Wallace playing so well. And Reed...OMG!

We looked better when Baptise came on.
Unless Macca can put in more good performances consistently I'm still going to bag him out.

Right now though I think they should be play about 40 minutes each.

What a game just got home had a yarn to rocky awesome bloke and a few others good win and game

Mister Wright said:
If anyone criticizes McCullough tonight is a joke. He was awesome. Made some very good decisions, had a good kicking game and got us going forward. Only made one mistake, but counted that by setting up a try. Baptise was good off the bench, but McCullough the better of the two. Great to see Wallace playing so well. And Reed...OMG!
No way mate, sorry!

The best period of the game for the Broncos, was when Baptiste was on the field. He so much faster and crisper with his passing and dummy runs. But what surprise me most was his awesome defense... He hits hard and tackles really well blokes twice his size. Don't know whether he has a kicking game.
Having said that, Macca was definitely good today, and except for his trademark f*ckup, did quite well, in fact his best of the season IMO.

Glenn was MOTM for mine also, but the whole forward pack was really good and dominated the Sharks, who don't have much to show in the backs, but definitely have a very good forward line.

I liked how we were able to take advantage of our chances in their half, especially in that second half, but you can see work in progress in the attack with Wallace, Glenn and Reed starting to know eachother well on that left side, Locky, Thaiday, Hodgo (when he comes back) and Yow Yeh on the right and Hoffman swerving behind them gives me confidence.
Btw, Hoffman immediately showed why he is THE fullback at the Broncos!

Only the left wing is a question mark and a 3 horse race between Beale, Copley and Gagai, with the latter being the one I think will take it in the long run. Beale is solid, but just bland. When he gets the ball in hand, you know nothing really exciting is going to happen, unless he's close enough to the line like today, while Copley still doesn't inspire me...

All in all, good win on the road to break the losing streak, good stuff!

3- Glenn
2- Lockyer
1- Hannant

langer77 said:
What a game just got home had a yarn to rocky awesome bloke and a few others good win and game

Surely you have the wrong Rocky?

Just got back from the game - great game to be at, it was cold as hell but worth every second!

We played to our potential.
We still gave away a few silly penalties and a few minor errors, but overall it was a MUCH better performance than the last 2 games.
We controlled field position better, and best of all our attack in their 10 zone looked fluent and we looked great with ball in hand. We weren't flat footed and had momenteum and players running holes & lines & running @ speed onto the ball, THAT'S what was missing the last couple of weeks.

Our defense was tested a little, but not really, but still, they came at our line alot of the time in that first half & we defended like 1 unit, it was good to see.
Our intensity in attack & defense lifted dramatically.

Pretty happy with the win tonight, hopefully we gain confidence out of this win. Hopefully we realize how good we play when everyone's doing it for the guy next to them, in the team.

Great game, great win.

GO BRONCOS!

Satisfying performance indeed.

Can't agree with Mr Wright though as I thought Baptiste was easily better than McCullough. We looked so much better when Baptiste was out there. I said earlier in the week that I wasn't that impressed with his debut, but his second game I was impressed with. Great effort. Having said that McCullough's performance was an improvement, but he fucked up once again. I know it was only once but it was still a **** up and it happens every game. He needs to get it out of his game.

I love having Hoffman back.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.