PointsBet Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have been late to training or something, it cannot possibly be performance based.

Could be as simple as a game off to refresh or a niggle he may have where we are in a position to give him a week off,who knows.
Is he named to play elsewhere?
He’s been dropped - they said he’s “unlucky to miss out”.

He must have been late to training or something, it cannot possibly be performance based.

Could be that he has a niggling injury that the club are keeping quiet

Could be kevvie believes this is a good time to see if Piakura has what it takes at this level (we do have a couple of forwards leaving at the end of the season)

He’s been dropped - they said he’s “unlucky to miss out”.

If they are keeping the injury or reason he's not playing quiet, what else will they say.

And they have to say something, as it's not a fringe player who isn't playing

One of two things. Jensen has some sort of injury or they are giving piakura a chance to show something at NRL level. He's going to be on big money next year. Time to step up

Absolutely ridiculous. Piakura is getting in off the back of his stupid contract and little else.
No he isn’t. What a load of shit. It’s clearly because Capewell will be used in the middle and Corey Jensen isn’t going to play second row is he. Neither is Payne, Patty, Flegler, Marty or Kobe. He is about 600k through his contract with 60 minutes worth of nrl footy I don’t think they have all of a sudden decided they are gonna get bang for their buck if he isn’t good enough. Stop having a cry for **** sakes and give the poor fella some time to adjust. I have said it before and said it again, I haven’t seen to many 21 year olds be superstars off the back of 60 minutes of nrl and if you expect anything else that’s a you problem not Brendan’s issue, not Kev’s issue or the teams issue it’s yours.

Could be that he has a niggling injury that the club are keeping quiet

Could be kevvie believes this is a good time to see if Piakura has what it takes at this level (we do have a couple of forwards leaving at the end of the season)
If that were true they could have said he’s been rested, they didn’t. He’s been dropped in favour of Piakura, who was terrible last start.

If Capewell is going to play middle, I would like to see Kobe play a bit of Edge too in the game, he has the right body for it to handle the high difficulty sliding defence.

Edge depth for us is really weak, Piakura is still very untested at this level, and I understand giving him more games because he really should have been kicking on by now.

Stunned to see Jensen dropped, and Kevvie not mention it either. He was great last week and with our whole front row backing up I'd have thought he'd get more minutes. I understand bringing Peeks in but Marty over CJ beggars belief. I love Marty but he hasn't been good the past couple of weeks.

Has to be an injury niggle. It's the only logical explanation. In which case I wish him a speedy recovery cos he is a key part of this side IMO.

I'm not as down on it as others to be honest, dependent on why of course. And the why could make me down on it too but if Kevvie is going to start rotating some of his forwards to freshen up / have them ready for the back end of the year, I don't hate it at all. In fact, I want to see Kevvie doing this and I would have preferred if it were one of the origin guys but so be it. I do want to see Willison and Piaks getting some game time and if this is the only way to do that, so be it. Jensen will definitely be in the side when the whips are cracking at the pointy end of the season.

I'm happy to see Piakura get another run and hope he sees big minutes again. The one thing I really liked when watching him was he was running good lines and drawing defenders to him. I'm looking forward to Mam, Walsh and Piakura using a set play.

I wouldn't mind if my boss gave my a week off following a good performance, actually.
What if you were in a role where it's common for the replacement to push you to second fiddle if they also did well when your gone?

My gut reaction is to agree it's a hidden injury but that makes zero sense... you hide injuries in stars so they are not targetted. Resting one of our better (but by no means star) fowards to aid in recovery - there's no point playing ducks and drakes there. It's gotta be either a start of season plan to give Piakura several games during the origin period to see if he can lift - or Jensen has pissed someone off and is being taught a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • Porthoz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Dazza 92
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.