Round 14 Discussion

I wish TPJ could play simple hard footy like SST has been doing.

EDIT: if we can't get Folau or Holmes I wouldn't mind having a flutter at Manu. Wow he's been good at the back.

Last edited:
Jot Round 14 2019 down as a classic Tom Trbojevic performance. St George were all over Manly inside the opening twenty, but once Tom was able to inject himself into the game, it ended up becoming a flogging.

Granted, McInness' injury happened around the same time and the Dragons dearly missed him, but Trbojevic pulled out as dominant a performance as you're going to see. I can't think of anyone other than Taumalolo who's made a bigger contribution to their team.

What I like about his play is that he has this signature play that everybody knows is coming, but they can seldom stop it. Second man pass from DCE, draw and run around the 3rd defender to bring the centre in. Either Turbo earns a good play the ball, or he puts his centre away into space. The Dragons backline flattered him, but geez it's good to watch him run. The good balance of athleticism, power and footy smarts.

There's a lot to like about that Manly side. The NRL really did a poor job coming down on them with the salary cap, they've got one of the most talented rosters in the competition. Cherry, Taupau and Jake are as good as ever, but I'm happy to see Sironen come of age. He was right up there with Tedesco, Klemmer, Taumalolo etc. as one of the best of his age group, but injuries have dogged him. They're bringing him to play, and he's beginning to make a name for himself as one of the most skillful edge forwards in the game.

There's players who hit the scene with a lot of raps, fail to impress but come back later in their careers better players. Matty Prior is a good example, and I think Sirro is following in the same ilk.

I'm not saying anything too outlandish, but if Fonua-Blake cuts the crap, he'll be the best front row forward in the game.

Adam Blair was found not guilty at the judiciary for his hit on Tyrone Roberts.

Common sense prevails.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.