Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Palasia preferred over Bullemor too. Is this gutsy or stupid from Kevvie this team?

Kennedy has been given until the end of the week to get over a bug. Hetherington sprained his ankle. Haas's knee mightn't be 100%. If Haas is rested maybe Kennedy or Riki will come back into the side.

Don't know why Bullemor's been dropped.
Yeah the surprising one is bullemor for me , and Turpin seems to be the surviver of the spine . ***** me why.

At some point the coaching has to take some responsibility. You can’t keep changing the side and expect them to improve. Picking Hunt at 6 is absolutely ridiculous imo. He’s not an nrl player, let alone a starting half. Kevvie is looking more and more out of his depth every week.

At some point the coaching has to take some responsibility. You can’t keep changing the side and expect them to improve. Picking Hunt at 6 is absolutely ridiculous imo. He’s not an nrl player, let alone a starting half. Kevvie is looking more and more out of his depth every week.
let him fail in his own way, that way if the inevitable does occur, the old boys can't be having their 2 cents worth about old mate kevvy not having a fair shot.

At least Bullemore should get some decent minutes in QCup. I think Hunt will have a simple game plan and hopefully improves the D? Gamble was pretty average last 2 weeks.
Please Kevie, 20 min rotations on Lodge and Flegler and give TPJ a break ( mid game or last 15)

It will have been 11 years, 8 months and 17 days between games, but Karmichael Hunt has been named to again pull on the Brisbane Broncos jersey as part of the squad to take on the Raiders in Canberra on Saturday night.​

Anyone know if that's the record for time between NRL games?

I'm really struggling to understand the Karmichael Hunt selection. I'm curious to hear what Walters has to say but I presume it's about giving a player an opportunity after a 50 point flogging. The issue with that is Karmichael plays a very similar style as Gamble except he's a worse defender and is pretty much lacking in all facets. The only thing he has going for him is that he's a club great but that was 12 years ago and he's been struggling in a very up and down Magpies team.

I feel like the play here was to persist with Kelly/Gamble and if need be have Scarlett as the back-up half on a trial and train deal since the Seagulls have been killing it in QCup and his form has only gotten better since he left the Broncos. If that doesn't work out, then Croft gets another opportunity.

What really baffles me is the way Walters has used Bullemor. He's one of the few prospects that's put their hands up and has come up with line-breaks and some big plays for his team. However he only got 12 minutes last week and that was simply to cover Glenn while he was off for an HIA. That was actually a pretty strong period for the Broncos as well, so I don't get the logic at all and if anything thought he deserved an extended role.

If there was one forward who should have made way it's Flegler. He's one of those forwards who could become one of the best in the game but right now for his development he really needs a stint in reserves. Tom had a disrupted pre-season and his shoulder still hasn't healed from the reconstruction so I'd almost be tempted to correct that now and afford him a huge off-season with the idea that you're playing for your future the next year.

I'd say Haas is a 50/50 proposition. It depends on how many minutes he plays for the Blues, Freddy's interchange rotation is always interesting to say the least so there's a chance he only plays 20 minutes which will allow him to back-up. If not I'd imagine Riki will come into the team and will play that loose forward role which I feel is his position. I see a bit of Brad Thorn in Riki and how Brad predominately played as a middle but could run a nice line on the edge and force his way over.

Farnworth at fullback is far from ideal but it's the right call in this situation. Niu is still far too raw for NRL and the risk is not worth the reward and Isaako needed a spell. I expect Farnworth will be more involved from fullback but I can also see him making some clangers as well so it's just a matter of whether he gets that balance right. He can't score 1 good try but then make 3 bad errors otherwise the trade off isn't worth it.

Outside of Bullemor and to an extent Riki, the big shock omission is Paix who is overdue for a return. I get the sense that Paix isn't in the long term future at the club and while he may get his shot, ultimately he'll just be filling Billy Walters' spot which is what it is. I really don't like the way the Broncos have developed Paix at all and I hope he's able to shine in spite of that.

Anyone else think Mead is hard done by? I'd be more inclined to rest Coates.

I agree that bullemore is unlucky, but I think Kevv has gone for aggressive players (KH and TCR).

I also agree that I have questioned Kevvs coaching decisions and not sure he is handling the first year heat well.

I guess Kennedy must still be sick/injured. No Gamble either, another sick player. Should be interesting. Isaako gorne! That will please many. So, at least this game bhq won't be able to blame Boyd, Milford or Isaako! The big question will be, who are bhq going to make the new whipping boy?
You!

let him fail in his own way, that way if the inevitable does occur, the old boys can't be having their 2 cents worth about old mate kevvy not having a fair shot.
probably more truth to that than we realise....which is rather damning.....but id put nothing past this mob right now....

Same with KH, he has probably chewed the coaches ear off about playing...so Kevs given him enough rope to hang himself with this game against the Raiders...

Asiata back on the bench....didnt i go to lengths to show what he can give us....doesnt Kev want a single combination built at the club this year?

He is very quickly losing any faith i had left he knows what he is doing...same with his so-called coaching staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lozza
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Clintos
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • armchair
  • broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.