Round 14 - Raiders vs Broncos

Not gonna tell anyone not to watch any longer, but I will repeat that IMO this isn't going to improve before Brisbane 2.0 is established. Hopefully 2024, but if they cook the game simultaneously, could take even longer. Been hearing that membership is down for most sports and the casual fan, or event junkie, is the typical person to attend now, and if NRL aren't putting on events, people just won't go.

I honestly forgot I was watching the Broncos tonight. I've become so detached from this squad that I just watch individual players and focus on my SuperCoach team.

As per program, the only players who are reliably good are Haas, Lodge, Pangai Jr & Farnworth. It's been the story all season.

I'm struggling to see how we get out of this mess in the next couple of years. I think we're in a very similar situation to the Bulldogs at the moment, they're about 5 years in to the hole that Hassler dug for them with shit contracts, we're about 18 months in to the hole that White, Bennett & Seibold collectively dug for us between 2017-2020 with shit contracts.

I think we've got another 3-4 years until we're fully clear of this stench, and even then there will still be remnants of the past, contracts that we've had to overpay for over that period due to not being a top 8 threat, players that coaches have signed out of desperation to save their jobs, etc.

Settle in boys, this shan't be over any time soon.

they showed heart early in 2020 and they got reffed out of it. I'll see if I can find the exact moment, but it's Tigers last year, tryline defense and the whistle blows out of nothing and the entire Broncos team turns around and starts giving it to the ref
God dammit, I just watched the highlights of round 10 last year to see when we last showed spine. But FMD that just hurt on top of tonight. Ref's have been pineappleing us for so long.

God dammit, I just watched the highlights of round 10 last year to see when we last showed spine. But FMD that just hurt on top of tonight. Ref's have been pineappleing us for so long.
When other teams hold down and lay in ruck against us the ref calls milking … seriously f the refs

KW was okay. He was asked about the missed tackles and simply said the team wasn't good enough. He didn't blame the refs and in typical Broncs fashion didn't complain about the endless six agains or penalties . He responded after being asked about the disruption before the game and yesterday's problem with Kelly. He said K got a pass mark.

He also said he'd get a couple weeks in firsts. He seemed to be in a reasonable headspace which surprised me a bit. He didn't think a send-off was warranted. He was actually pleased with them when we went to 12.

Khunt was useless. Almost completely refused to kick to the point where he ran and passed it on the 5th 30m out at least twice, handing over possession.

When he finally did kick, it made Dearden’s boot look like Cam Smith’s.

Saw 0 sign of his talk improving attack or defence and if leadership was on display I must have missed it.

Never should’ve got a shot in the halves and the idea of him getting a few more weeks there as Kev said, makes my brain melt.

yeah, my bad, the highlights of that game don't show anything. The moment isn't even there as far as I could see from the play by play. But if you look at that, you see how many early calls against us just screwed us for possession and fitness. It's honestly a really awful hatchet job

I worked 14 hour overtime shift today. Up at 4.30am, home at 9pm. I cooked whilst watching a Kayo replay of Broncos Vs St Merger 2011. I am finally sitting down to eat dinner. I never expected much tonight as most game days now. 60 seconds in, the writing is on the wall. I work long days doing shit I don't want to do. I don't need this. Turning off after 5 minutes.

I'm not angry at Kevin. I'm not angry at the players. You can not ask people to be something they are not. I am angry at our administration. They are the ones suppose to put the right people in. Our administration has failed us. It is a long time coming. Was it Cullen? White? I watched a game from 2011 and the commentary team jizzed all over us regardless. 10 year slide. 10 years to fix. We are the new Parramatta.

Kev isn't the coach to move you forward. It's easier to win with the best QLD players but he can't cope it at club level. Do you guys feel he's doing 'that' much better than Seibold?
No, I don't.

The amount of big points floggings we have copped this year is an indication that if anything our defence is far worse than last year. We may end up with an extra win or 2 compared to last year, but that's due to the state of the comp, rather than any actual improvement on our behalf.

Someone justify any of the coaching decisions Kev made for this game.

- the team list
- the 34 year old Hunt
- the bench usage
- the last minute abortion of Farnworth at fullback
- defensive structures

because I’m at a loss
Hunt - not to many options, could easily be better than gamble after a few games.
Fullback - Farnworth is a winger anyone that has actually watched him can tell you that, Niu is a fullback, not hard to figure that one out.

You idiots blaming this loss on Turps, get off it. He's the only guy holding our middle together and he's one of the smallest guys on the field. I agree he's not an 80 min hooker, and with most teams running duals we should have Paix there. But Paix was ordinary when he was used so all we had was Jake, and he hadn't been completely burnt out yet.

Jake could and can do more in attack, but I still think half of the players don't know what's happening on which tackle. Now whether that's a halves issue, a coaching issue or Jake not being as in control as he maybe should be I don't know, but the last thing anyone should be criticizing is his defence.
How bout you get off Jake's dick .

Not sure if it showed on the TV but the ref started the game by making us stand at least 12 meters for the ten. Some of the first 4 six agains which all went Canberra’s way even the Canberra supporters were asking what they were for. After the first try it just felt the ref would be ensuring Canberra we’re back in the winners circle. The send off and the obvious inconsistencies made the whole night a boring spectacle.

My mate (Canberra) said he was happy with the win but felt his guys had never been given so much leeway in the ruck all season and was interested to see if they got same treatment against St George (their next opponents).

Paix looked super sharp and super keen when he was on. Khunt did very little talking or organising and was really a passenger for most of the night. Lexy needs to find another injury quickly he was an embarrassment out there last night.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Huge
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.