vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ref allows us to play and let's the game become an arm wrestle, like a typical top tier game is allowed to be (i.e. leeway in the penalty department), then it should be a good game.

Our forward pack is 'better' than theirs, but their forward pack is smarter and know the infrequencies of the game better than ours.

For us to win we need to be able to bash their pack and dominate the meter game... if the ref doesn't allow that to happen and gives the storm leg ups out of their own end, then I expect the smarter forward pack to dominate the ruck and win the field position territory.

We have not yet shown that we can be a 'smarter' forward pack just yet... we have shown improvement with fitness and aggression, but whether that also translates to being smarter footy players could be on display tonight.
Don't disagree generally with you here but I think the forwards will probably cancel each other out of the equation. It will be the 5th tackle smoothness which will go a long way to deciding the game. I hope it's well rehearsed and at a moderate pace for certainty.

Juicy odds for broncos. Worth a dabble

I vowed last year never to sit through another Broncos v Storm game. And yet here I am. Preparing to turn on channel 502 at 8pm.

Why Do I Do This To Myself Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

I vowed last year never to sit through another Broncos v Storm game. And yet here I am. Preparing to turn on channel 502 at 8pm.

I've been having this same internal debate all week.

Do I watch even though it will piss me off for the whole weekend when we almost certainly lose? Or watch and possible be proud of our team at least be competitive.

I've been having this same internal debate all week.

Do I watch even though it will piss me off for the whole weekend when we almost certainly lose? Or watch and possible be proud of our team at least be competitive.

Watch.

This match win or lose will show exactly how good this squad is.

Play ref bingo as you go.

mark down all the possible 50/50 calls that the ref might make through the night and see how many the Storm get and how many we are denied.

Things like strips - was it a knock on or a strip, 6 agains for ruck infringements after 5 tackles to get the storm out of their end, shepherd (even when we stop and do not attempt to take advantage), forward passes to deny a try, Kafusi - free reign, Flegler sin bin for not tucking his shirt in, etc. etc.

If we end up losing at least you can say you won at the 'footy bingo'.

This storm side isn't that scary. In my opinion, Munster Hughes Grant and Smith would be the only players that would be an improvement on our squad.

We need to be squeaky clean and not gift them any possession.

Also they will be massive grubs all night.

This storm side isn't that scary. In my opinion, Munster Hughes Grant and Smith would be the only players that would be an improvement on our squad.

We need to be squeaky clean and not gift them any possession.

Also they will be massive grubs all night.

Which is the spine and that is the key to any team. Their spine will run rings around ours but if the rest of the team can live up to billing, it might just come down to individual brilliance and we have a bit of that in our team.

We always struggle against Melbourne but tend to weirdly do better IN Melbourne. When you look at the spines, we shouldn't even get close but something tells me we will.

I'm happy to eat my words here after tonight, but I would contend that Roberts is not even remotely close to being NRL standard. I'd rather throw Staggs into the halves (as terrible as that would probably be against the storm) and filling in his centre spot.
Respectfully I completely and utterly disagree. Seems like people are formulating their ideas on his ability based off his service out of dummy half for 2 minutes in round 1. Tyrone for mine is probably on par with Tyson at 7 and probably better in certain facets of a halfbacks game.

Which is the spine and that is the key to any team. Their spine will run rings around ours but if the rest of the team can live up to billing, it might just come down to individual brilliance and we have a bit of that in our team.

We always struggle against Melbourne but tend to weirdly do better IN Melbourne. When you look at the spines, we shouldn't even get close but something tells me we will.
It's a funny old position we find ourselves in. We need to find the keys to neutralizing Munster and Grant, the way Billy found the keys to neutralizing Cleary and Cook. Then we have to throw away those keys in case Freddie finds them before next weekend.

Tad excited about this match. What ever caused us to change our ways and win seven in a row I trust we'll have in our back pocket tonight and more importantly be able produce it when and if required.

Thing is we won’t have Adam on the field in this game but perhaps up our sleeve for next time when it really matters.

**** the Storm.

It hasn't rained all afternoon here but it is cold, will be interesting to see how the lads handle it.

It hasn't rained all afternoon here but it is cold, will be interesting to see how the lads handle it.
First chance ive had to watch the Broncos play in 2 months, and of course its against the Storm.
Nervous as ****.

Reminder to all: this match is on free to air. So anyone getting set to whinge about Cronk, Anasta, Ennis or any of those Foxtards if you could kindly STFU already. Bit of luck, Fatty might be on Nine. No one in Rugby League is more in love with Flegs than Fatty.

Respectfully I completely and utterly disagree. Seems like people are formulating their ideas on his ability based off his service out of dummy half for 2 minutes in round 1. Tyrone for mine is probably on par with Tyson at 7 and probably better in certain facets of a halfbacks game.
I did say I'd be happy to eat my words. But not just referencing that abysmal performance for us in round 1, but also his time at the tits he was horrid and dumped by even them playing what a handful of games for the perrenial cellar dwellars.

Broncos 1-17.

Storm - NAS and King demoted to the bench, Kamikamica replaces NAS and Smith replaces King.

Cowboys losing is good for us

Papz has covid? He not playing tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Hurrijo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.