Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

But when a club's fans en-masse starting cocking up conspiracy theories that our team are victims of a corrupt establishment, that's just pissing the bed.
That's a massive exaggeration.
All i saw, was fans pissed off at some blatantly bad calls.
Some jokingly wondered how much Gee had bet on the game, and that's about it.

Not everyone is fine with rolling over and taking it in the tailpipe time and time again when there are clearly half blind incompetent refs officiating our game.

Its not just a Bronco's thing either.
Go to any teams forum ( Raiders is a goldmine ) and there is the same story across the board about just how badly some of these officials get calls wrong and how consistency is a huge issue. (See the Townsend incident in the Cowboys game).

Its not about conspiracies or having a sook, its about discussing how the reffing can differ so greatly between games and between teams.
I have no idea what the solution is ( suggested in another thread we treat it like Rugby Union ) but that would involve a major shift in the way the refs are treated on the field by both the NRL and the players.

I would also argue that Gee doesnt deserve to ref first grade football with his track record and maybe needs some more intensive training before allowing him to do so.

I rarely see the refs get it wrong .
For the amount of decisions they have to make I think they do an outstanding job .
And now dayz with the Captains challenge we get the correct call even more often .

I do scratch my head when I read about anti Broncos bias and NSWRL conspiracies though.

How of these conspiracy theorists have actually tried refereeing a game ? I have and I can tell you it`s bloody hard .
Well you obviously don’t watch many games. They get it wrong often. And the mistakes they got wrong on this night weren’t mistakes that the video ref or touchies couldn’t have immediately rectified. Munster taking it dead is an example of something that is overturned often, but for some reason it wasn’t. Explain that?

Also has the ref boss came out and said anything about this game yet?

Piakura is warming nicely, last week was his best ISC game. Excellent runs and a huge hit under the posts one on one. Try running off Ahearn.

Could have easily had two or three tries, he just got pulled down short. There was a run and offload for a disallowed try where he stepped his way through and then off-loaded in traffic- apart from the forward pass it was great.

His offloading the last month has been sensational. Two against the Tigers and Falcons kept his arms up to offload for a try in the corner.

Bad miss on the line not coming up for a Little try and a few misses in general in defence.

80 minutes 2/3 weeks so getting there.

Then Norths smashed by 54-18.

Piakura with the 80m intercept at 48-0- guess that is a positive he didn't give up.

Bit concerned about Riki too, but then again having patience and faith with Carrigan and Flegler are now proving astute.

Id give Riki time here...

But the club have genuine options on the edge too, which is a great position to be in.

Piakura will be a bona-fide international player 2 weeks from now.....looks like his time has come..

Well you obviously don’t watch many games.

Hmmm dunno about that , more than some less than others .
I listen to ABC Grandstand over the weekends . There are players and coaches on there all Saturday and Sunday afternoon . I don`t hear too much talk about bad decisions or bias from the commentators , players or coaches .

I still think blaming refs is soft . I don`t see too many thanks if the call goes our way .

Like Kevie said it evens out . He`s the one the buck stops with and he aint whingeing .

Bit concerned about Riki too, but then again having patience and faith with Carrigan and Flegler are now proving astute.

Id give Riki time here...

But the club have genuine options on the edge too, which is a great position to be in.

Piakura will be a bona-fide international player 2 weeks from now.....looks like his time has come..
Players have tended to be consistent professionals around hat 50+ game mark. Riki doesn’t reach that until next season so time is on his side but Piakura and TC are hot on his heels

All of these blokes were thrown in way too early and they’re going to come into their own at a normal time. Unfortunately they’ll have to play 75 games before they get there

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.