Round 15 Discussion

Penalty tries don't exist anymore by the looks of it.

Isaac Luke celebrating....

Hope he just had a kid or some other good news because there was **** all worth celebrating the last 80 minutes.

WARRIORS 12 (Johnson try; Luke 4/4 goals) defeated SYDNEY ROOSTERS 10 (Aubusson, Watson tries; Taukeiaho 1/2 goals)

Well, the end result provides a massive case for why the penalty try > the sin bin.

I'll admit it, I was wrong and the bunker screwed the Roosters.

Instead of being 6-0, they ended up with a 2 point lead during the ten minute sin-bin.

Some people blowing up about the Roosters knock on call at the end when the ball apparently hit Matterson's foot. I didn't see it.

Did anyone see it? Did it hit his foot and did it travel 10 metres?

Last edited:
It did hit his foot. Dunno about the distance.

Matterson just lost that.

I hate it when referees pick and choose those moments. It was rubbish when Marshall got away with it, and it's rubbish any other time.

Besides, Gillett should have a field goal to his name for his effort in that 2012 game against Wests.

Some people blowing up about the Roosters knock on call at the end when the ball apparently hit Matterson's foot. I didn't see it.

Did anyone see it? Did it hit his foot and did it travel 10 metres?

Yes it definitely hit his foot but what has 10 mtrs got to do with anything?

Yes it definitely hit his foot but what has 10 mtrs got to do with anything?

If it goes 10 metres it's play on, IIRC.

Last edited:
I have no idea where you even got that impression.

It's something I've heard Sterlo mention a couple of times.

Could be wrong. Could be play on either way. But I've just heard it has to travel 10 metres unless they were actually trying to kick the ball.

It's something I've heard Sterlo mention a couple of times.

Could be wrong. Could be play on either way. But I've just heard it has to travel 10 metres unless they were actually trying to kick the ball.

That's not a rule that I can remember. It's either a knock on or a kick IIRC. The 10 metres though, all I can think of is that you're getting confused with short kick-offs or drop-outs that must travel at least 10?

LATE CHANGES

Titans: Peats will start over Friend.
Sea Eagles: Lyon is OUT, meaning Godinet will return. 2015 NYC Star Liam Knight will debut off the bench in place of Fonua-Blake.

Not too far from kick-off.

Been bummed for most of the day over the Corey news. Manly losing has made me feel somewhat better

GOLD COAST TITANS 30 (Douglas, Don, Hoffman, James, MacDonald; Roberts 5/6 goals) defeated MANLY SEA EAGLES 10 (Taufua, Williame tries; Koroisau 1/2 goals)

The Sea Eagles horror streak continues, losing their sixth consecutive match with an away trip to Townsville looming.

The result sees the Gold Coast Titans leapfrog Penrith and the Warriors into the Top 8 with a 7-7 record.

HOLDEN CUP ROUND 13 (CATCH UP)

CRONULLA SHARKS 20 (Aufaga-Toomaga 2, Fuiava, Nisbet tries; Aufaga-Toomaga 2/4 goals) defeated CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS 18 (Montoya 2, Bergamin, Fenukitau tries; Keighran 1/2, Bergamin 0/1, Lewis 0/1 goals)

HOLDEN CUP ROUND 15

PARRAMATTA EELS 22
(Amone, Mati-Leifi, Morris; Doolan 5/5 goals) defeated SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS 16 (Graham, O'Donnell, Robinson tries; O'Donnell 2/3 goals)

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS 38
(Garrick 2, Kemp 2, Allouche, Herbert, Leilua tries; Field 5/7 goals) defeated MELBOURNE STORM 30 (Drinkwater, Galo, Kerr, Parker, Tonge tries; Arthars 5/5 goals)

WARRIORS 40
(Ackland 3, Faitotoa 2, Clark, Sio tries; Telea 6/7 goals) defeated SYDNEY ROOSTERS 20 (Cooper, King, Lewis, Mullins tries; King 2/4 goals)

GOLD COAST TITANS 54
(Birch 3, Mika 2, Brimson, Faukafa, Kelly, Pritchard, Sami tries; Kelly 4/7, Rogers 3/3 goals) defeated MANLY SEA EAGLES 24 (Cust 2, Price, Ramien tries; Brown 2/2, Funa 2/2 goals)

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  • JamesC
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.