PRE-GAME Round 15 - Knights vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Just when you think we had turned the corner, the same old glaring weaknesses and deficiencies came boiling to the surface.

This game is practically our season on the line when you consider we are 13th and after this game we have the Sharks who will be practically full strength besides Morris whilst we will be without half a dozen for Origin 3 plus Bird still on the sidelines.

Sadly there is nothing to suggest we will turn up let alone compete. We won’t score enough points to win in my opinion. Our attack is utter garbage.

We are over halfway through the season having played 13 games and we have the 3rd worst attack in the comp. Also bear in mind we have only hit 20 points or more 5 times in those 13 games and of those 5 times we still managed to lose 2 of those games. Lastly we haven’t scored 30 points in a game this season. I could live with this if we were seeing improvement but it’s looking even more insipid as the year rolls on. Even during that mini winning streak we only put 15 on the Chooks and 8 on the Warriors. Seibold Ball is starting to look fucking bleak.

Knights by 20

Last edited:

Attachments

• httpwww.semak.com.aumediacatalogproductm1m10csl_2016_1.jpg
    httpwww.semak.com.aumediacatalogproductm1m10csl_2016_1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 127
I’ll be at this game, and I’m not looking forward to it.
I guess all we can hope for is that they decide to rest Ponga and Pearce (doubt it) hopefully Klemmer isnt back either. Then we might only get beaten by 20, instead of 40.

Last edited:
If as many see it, our season is over, then I suspect the starting team for 2020 should be picked from next week on.
It will give the side a chance to train and play the way they want it, without an eye on the win/loss result.
If Siebold has some grand strategy many allude to, then now is as good a time as any. There are no more excuses left, and the team is now whatever he wants it to be. There is nothing left to be broken as we already are. What's left is the slow process of rebuilding.
A few more of those type of games though and you'll have to ask how many more players are discarded before you get to the coach.
I wouldnt expect a flawless attack with the loss of key personal but the insipid defence is ringing alarm bells. It has come only two games after a great display against the warriors.
That should have been the benchmark. Losing in itself wasnt unexpected, given our squad rotation but that first half was one of worst in years. To their credit they won the second half but only after parra took the foot off the pedal, and with a hap-hazard attack.
Players need to learn to defend together and selecting a team without an eye to both defence and attack is costing us. I don't know at this point what the answer is but surely the elephant in the room is "attitude".
By attitude I mean a willingness to play for the team and not themselves. The flashy play sometimes needs to be held back to gain the momentum and hold it.
Since lockyer retired it is the one thing that is our Achilles heel.

The funny thing is what helps Seibold getting the job is the plan he has for the club. The board trust him; all the club related old blokes never trust him and never will; the fans have too little evidence so far to judge.

So what Seibold should do is sticking to his plan and cut all those blokes can’t perform ( Boyd, Issaoko and Macca) , he’s not going to be popular with old players of the club given he “ stole “ the job of their old friend. Making the right and tough decision at least can win him the board and fans support!

We can't just dump all our under-performing players. We'd be left with about 3 of our "top 17" and a bunch of depth players. I think we need to write the season off, but not by blooding any more rookies (unless it's at the expense of a failed rookie like Shiba).

Seibold can't tell the best/healthiest 17 that they have just one game to improve or they're gone, or we'll end up like a Q-Cup team where everyone is just in it for themselves. They have the rest of the year to improve. They'll have every resource available, physically and mentally, so there will be no excuses. But if they slacken off at training, or are unable to turn it around off the field (eg, Isaako, though I don't think Oates is much better even though he is so valuable), then they'll be looking for a new home in 2020. No players are above that.

Ok I can see where you are coming from but what if siebs has in his contract that he has to make the top 8 in the first year ? I think it’s time to give some of these young kids a break and bring in the likes of tags, Mago and Fensom to get our season back on track. Just a thought

There’s no such thing as “ back on track” , unless you talk about the so called suggestions bringing back Wayne to mentor Boyd Macca and maybe get Roberts back too.

I don’t believe making to the final could be Seibold’s first year contract condition, by the way what’s the point to make the eight and got sent home after one game.

The sooner we accept the fact our season would be over with current spine, the better next season we’ll have. Seibold don’t have a proper preseason, don’t have anything to do with current crew, so how about we give him this whole season as his preseason for next year, keep bringing back old players who probably retire next season means nothing to the club only if our main goal is not to be woodspooner.

I totally don’t like the idea withdrawing our young players to protect them, that’s probably the nice way to educate your kids but not idea way to find competitive promising players. If they can’t bounce back, their best could probably be the inconsistent TPJ, if they man up and get their shit together, we could probably get a future JT.

I’ll be at this game, and I’m not looking forward to it.
I guess all we can hope for is that they decide to rest Ponga and Pearce (doubt it) hopefully Klemmer isnt back either. Then we might only get beaten by 20, instead of 40.
I'll be attending as well. Always enjoy games in Newcastle because there is a healthy Bronco fanbase there.

If as many see it, our season is over, then I suspect the starting team for 2020 should be picked from next week on.
It will give the side a chance to train and play the way they want it, without an eye on the win/loss result.
If Siebold has some grand strategy many allude to, then now is as good a time as any. There are no more excuses left, and the team is now whatever he wants it to be. There is nothing left to be broken as we already are. What's left is the slow process of rebuilding.
A few more of those type of games though and you'll have to ask how many more players are discarded before you get to the coach.
I wouldnt expect a flawless attack with the loss of key personal but the insipid defence is ringing alarm bells. It has come only two games after a great display against the warriors.
That should have been the benchmark. Losing in itself wasnt unexpected, given our squad rotation but that first half was one of worst in years. To their credit they won the second half but only after parra took the foot off the pedal, and with a hap-hazard attack.
Players need to learn to defend together and selecting a team without an eye to both defence and attack is costing us. I don't know at this point what the answer is but surely the elephant in the room is "attitude".
By attitude I mean a willingness to play for the team and not themselves. The flashy play sometimes needs to be held back to gain the momentum and hold it.
Since lockyer retired it is the one thing that is our Achilles heel.

We lost the second half 12-10 so they don’t deserve any credit whatsoever. Even when the Eels took the foot off the throat we still don’t win a half of football

1 God Knows
2 Oates
3 Boyd
4 Staggs
5 Kennar
6 Milford
7 SoS
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Gillett
12 Fifita
13 Fensom

14 Macca
15 Tagatese
16 Sua
17 TPJ
Looks decent but Macca starts or doesn’t play imo.

Turps and Seggy is my preferred option but Macca of the bench is the worst of the possible options. Having some old heads in the field while Glenn and Offa is out probably isn’t a bad a shout.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.