Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Can someone explain this very, very slowly using basic English and possibly accompanyig pictures? I've tried 3 times now, I give up.

Did I miss the part of the grand final where Cronk took the stage to announce that even though the Roosters had beaten the Storm, the Broncos had beaten the Roosters a couple of months earlier so they were the true champions? I might have, I wasn't actually watching.

You seem to put a large emphasis on the total in the wins column, which, fine, yeah, that's all well and good. I tend to look more at the nature of those wins, and more importantly the nature of the losses.

It's great to say that a team can beat anyone on their day, but isn't that just code for 'this team is consistently inconsistent, and if they can bother to get their heads on the game at hand and get a favourable bounce of the ball, sure, they might get a win, but they might also get flogged'.

It's been a long time since I heard anyone say the Melbourne Storm can beat anyone on their day. People mostly just say they can beat anyone. That's what I want the Broncos to get back to. They weren't that under Bennett, and they weren't getting any closer either.

Floggings for the next 9 rounds, hooray!!

I disagree - I am not sure if you follow european football/soccer, but this idea is trotted out frequently and most of the time ends up being total bullshit - money wasted, time wasted, careers wasted.

A coach needs to coach first and foremost and show that he can improve the team through that alone. Thus far, we haven't seen any evidence of that. I think the onus is on him to show that although he might not have some of the cattle to play his style, he still can put an obvious blueprint on the team and improve some of the players. Can you honestly say any player looks better under Seibold than they did under WB?
I'd say Milford is going better this year than last... and is starting to actually look more like a competent halfback

His kicking continues to improve and he is slowly figuring out how to inject himself more inside the 20 (evidenced by his solo runs at the line).

I would prefer he sit closer to the ruck and have more influence on the game, but hopefully that will come.

Did I miss the part of the grand final where Cronk took the stage to announce that even though the Roosters had beaten the Storm, the Broncos had beaten the Roosters a couple of months earlier so they were the true champions? I might have, I wasn't actually watching.

You seem to put a large emphasis on the total in the wins column, which, fine, yeah, that's all well and good. I tend to look more at the nature of those wins, and more importantly the nature of the losses.

It's great to say that a team can beat anyone on their day, but isn't that just code for 'this team is consistently inconsistent, and if they can bother to get their heads on the game at hand and get a favourable bounce of the ball, sure, they might get a win, but they might also get flogged'.

It's been a long time since I heard anyone say the Melbourne Storm can beat anyone on their day. People mostly just say they can beat anyone. That's what I want the Broncos to get back to. They weren't that under Bennett, and they weren't getting any closer either.

And we're getting further away each game.
[automerge]1561950405[/automerge]
I'd say Milford is going better this year than last... and is starting to actually look more like a competent halfback

His kicking continues to improve and he is slowly figuring out how to inject himself more inside the 20 (evidenced by his solo runs at the line).

I would prefer he sit closer to the ruck and have more influence on the game, but hopefully that will come.

Excuse me? Milf was easily our best player last year, played in origin etc. He's just been passed up for an origin spot with corey fucking norman preferred.

Last edited:
@soup Forgot to say l had to look up conjecture before replying lol

Can someone explain this very, very slowly using basic English and possibly accompanyig pictures? I've tried 3 times now, I give up.

A coach needs to coach first and foremost and show that he can improve the team through that alone. Thus far, we haven't seen any evidence of that. I think the onus is on him to show that although he might not have some of the cattle to play his style, he still can put an obvious blueprint on the team and improve some of the players. Can you honestly say any player looks better under Seibold than they did under WB?

Nailed it. It's all well and good to say that he doesn't have the players/roster that he wants...but he at least needs the ability to have them playing competitive. As a coach, the reality is he needs to be flexible and form game plans around the players he DOES have.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes though, locking him up for 5yrs always struck me as strange. Perhaps the board knew how long it would take to sort this out, so have given him that time. I don't think they're going to put up with lackluster performances, like 90% of this season, for very long though. He gets a year of grace I think (regardless of anything, we've lost a tonne of experience) but if the team is still playing like it is now a few rounds in to next year, he's in trouble. In the unlikely event that we spoon it this season...I shudder to think what this board will do.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rambstien
  • Organix
  • bazza
  • cento
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Tim K
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.