Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Don’t know if I’ve ever seen worse attack in the opposition 20, from the Broncos or any NRL side, in my time watching.

Not blaming Lodge either. He’s one of the few that will keep putting his hand up. Doesn’t mean you keep giving him the damn ball.

Prepare your assholes because I'm going in dry, because right at this moment, this team is bottom 4 quality.

1. Milford - Full credit to him, in a well beaten side he shook off the fullback rust pretty quickly and at the end looked like our most threatening player. Even so, it still didn't amount to much, and as our highest paid player he must realize he is gonna get some heat. 5
2. Oates - Signs a new contract and is immediately well out of form. It doesn't get much more clearer than that how shit this season has been. However his shit form is just a symptom of broader problems. 4
3. Staggs - Didn't shame himself and was good with the goals but was otherwise unsighted. At the very least is far, far better centre than his partner. 5
4. Shibasaki - Absolute trash. Offers nothing in either defence or attack, has a stupid haircut and wouldn't make first grade at any other side. He stands as a beacon to the massive depth problems we have right now. 3
5. Kennar - Pretty similar to Oates form in a lot of ways. Didn't do anything overtly bad but wasn't a stand out either. Again, a symbol of our big problems with depth. 4
6. Boyd - It is no coincidence that as soon as Boyd moves to the halves, our attack goes from bad to miles worse. He is fucking done. I couldn't care less if dropping him would piss off the players, suck it up. He's shit and he's done. 0
7. SoS - Hard to get a read on because of the form of the whole side but I'm not seeing any reason why Dearden should be feeling concerned. Knows how to give away a cheap error. 5
8. Lodge - Can't fault him for effort but he ends up with the ball more times then his halves because his hooker is a useless fuckwit. 6
9. McC - OH LOOK it's the useless fuckwit. As soon as Turpin replaced him we looked half threatening. Passes it one out to forwards because he doesn't know what else to do, grapples like a bitch in tackles and often falls off and brings the entire teams tempo down to Mitch McConnell turtle level. He must go and go now. 0
10. Haas - Again, can't fault his effort, he made some good runs in the 2nd half, but nowhere near enough of an effort to say he can hold his head up while the rest can't. 6
11. Fifita - He is obviously a work in progress but in a well beaten side, I think he was one of our betters. Finally got some decent minutes and gave the defence headaches at times. Still, well beaten...6
12. Gillett - Honestly, he isn't where he should be for his profile and pay grade. The honeymoon for the injury excuse is quickly running out of time, and when it does suddenly people start to wonder if you aren't cooked. 4
13. TPJ - Put in a really good 400k a season performance.....5

14. Turpin - Once again our only shining light. As soon as he came on, we looked like a side with some energy and movement. It was way too late a move by the coach who I'll deal with in a minute, but to be honest he has a right to demand being a starting hooker at this point, and if another club offers him that he would be mad not to take it. 7
15. Joe O - Another textbook nothing Joe O performance. Didn't seem to turn the momentum when he came on and just largely mediocre. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect in a side beaten. 4
16. Flegler - I fear he has regressed a bit because of the teams piss poor form. He doesn't seem to have the aggression he had early on in the year coming off the bench. Still, he is a far better option than anyone else we have. 4
17. Carrigan - Wasn't impressed. Can't really even remember him being out there. Benefit of the doubt and all that but I'm not seeing what you're seeing @Wolfie 4

And finally the coach. Anthony, listen to me man. You must get your claws into this playing group and fucking fast. There is a lot more to commanding a side and a club then just chopping and changing players until you find the 17 that will just tolerate you the most. You MUST sell your philosophy to them and soon, otherwise you will be a coach without a team as early as next year. Bennett and Souffs might be in a slump, but they're still well within their rights to be laughing at us right now, and frankly at the end of the day that is on you, and let me tell you this, fans are not gonna be able to cop much more of it.
Pretty accurate for most part. I thought Flegler was pretty good though.

Prepare your assholes because I'm going in dry, because right at this moment, this team is bottom 4 quality.

1. Milford - Full credit to him, in a well beaten side he shook off the fullback rust pretty quickly and at the end looked like our most threatening player. Even so, it still didn't amount to much, and as our highest paid player he must realize he is gonna get some heat. 5
2. Oates - Signs a new contract and is immediately well out of form. It doesn't get much more clearer than that how shit this season has been. However his shit form is just a symptom of broader problems. 4
3. Staggs - Didn't shame himself and was good with the goals but was otherwise unsighted. At the very least is far, far better centre than his partner. 5
4. Shibasaki - Absolute trash. Offers nothing in either defence or attack, has a stupid haircut and wouldn't make first grade at any other side. He stands as a beacon to the massive depth problems we have right now. 3
5. Kennar - Pretty similar to Oates form in a lot of ways. Didn't do anything overtly bad but wasn't a stand out either. Again, a symbol of our big problems with depth. 4
6. Boyd - It is no coincidence that as soon as Boyd moves to the halves, our attack goes from bad to miles worse. He is fucking done. I couldn't care less if dropping him would piss off the players, suck it up. He's shit and he's done. 0
7. SoS - Hard to get a read on because of the form of the whole side but I'm not seeing any reason why Dearden should be feeling concerned. Knows how to give away a cheap error. 5
8. Lodge - Can't fault him for effort but he ends up with the ball more times then his halves because his hooker is a useless fuckwit. 6
9. McC - OH LOOK it's the useless fuckwit. As soon as Turpin replaced him we looked half threatening. Passes it one out to forwards because he doesn't know what else to do, grapples like a bitch in tackles and often falls off and brings the entire teams tempo down to Mitch McConnell turtle level. He must go and go now. 0
10. Haas - Again, can't fault his effort, he made some good runs in the 2nd half, but nowhere near enough of an effort to say he can hold his head up while the rest can't. 6
11. Fifita - He is obviously a work in progress but in a well beaten side, I think he was one of our betters. Finally got some decent minutes and gave the defence headaches at times. Still, well beaten...6
12. Gillett - Honestly, he isn't where he should be for his profile and pay grade. The honeymoon for the injury excuse is quickly running out of time, and when it does suddenly people start to wonder if you aren't cooked. 4
13. TPJ - Put in a really good 400k a season performance.....5

14. Turpin - Once again our only shining light. As soon as he came on, we looked like a side with some energy and movement. It was way too late a move by the coach who I'll deal with in a minute, but to be honest he has a right to demand being a starting hooker at this point, and if another club offers him that he would be mad not to take it. 7
15. Joe O - Another textbook nothing Joe O performance. Didn't seem to turn the momentum when he came on and just largely mediocre. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect in a side beaten. 4
16. Flegler - I fear he has regressed a bit because of the teams piss poor form. He doesn't seem to have the aggression he had early on in the year coming off the bench. Still, he is a far better option than anyone else we have. 4
17. Carrigan - Wasn't impressed. Can't really even remember him being out there. Benefit of the doubt and all that but I'm not seeing what you're seeing @Wolfie 4

And finally the coach. Anthony, listen to me man. You must get your claws into this playing group and fucking fast. There is a lot more to commanding a side and a club then just chopping and changing players until you find the 17 that will just tolerate you the most. You MUST sell your philosophy to them and soon, otherwise you will be a coach without a team as early as next year. Bennett and Souffs might be in a slump, but they're still well within their rights to be laughing at us right now, and frankly at the end of the day that is on you, and let me tell you this, fans are not gonna be able to cop much more of it.

To be honest, Kennar came off after like 12 minutes with an injury and never returned.

Tbh, i havent heard anything really negative tbh, which is why i'm so surprised that we look like they just dont want to play for him.

I feel it’s the lingering Bennett factor for some players. Especially now that Roberts and sua have gone, what’s to stop a player in getting a mindset of if things go to shit here they can always call Wayne?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Seibold walks away fairly early into his tenure as coach due to too much pressure and its impact on his family.

If Boyd has an ounce of credibility he would retire today. He would muster the courage to acknowledge he is done. I think the players are frustrated and gutted from the look in the sheds. The players looked fed up with Boyd and if Seibs doesn't send him packing then he will lose the shed.

Milf was our whole spine tonight. He was 7,6, 1 and hooker at times when Macca was out there.

We had a bounce in form i think due to Seggy. He is infectious and we need him back. The boys looked like they respected him from the get go.

They don't look up to Boyd and Macca thats for sure. Boyd single handedly took any momentum we had and shit his pants. He is joke, he is fool and he should be ashamed. If he is not the boys should come into the showers with socks full of soap bricks and slog the **** out of him.

Siebs the year is toast. Send those two back to qrl and bring Seggy and anyone else in. Tell the boys to go out and have some fun. Play for the fans and just do your best.

I was at the game, not sure how it looked on tv, but that probably has to be one of the worst, if not, most horrendous games I’ve ever seen.
Oates, in the first half couldn’t have caref less. This team is rubbish. Massive overhaul needed.
Can’t wait to listen to seibolds post match presser, I’ll quote him prior to he saying it “we are a young team, 5 players with less then 25 games experience.”
Not acceptable.
Darius, cya.
Paul White, cya.

From now on if Boyd and Macca or either of them are selected I'm not watching.

Complete dead weights, get rid of them now so we can develop a team for next year is all I'll say.

And Keep Milf at 6 our kicking game is rubbish without him, maybe try him at 1 Again when Dearden is back.
Yes to all

From what I can see, it looks as though it takes a long time for the boys to switch on. This is a huge problem. There is still desire there, but it is misplaced or misdirected. My advice for the players would be as follows:
1. Darius Boyd - Take a break. There is no shame in that. You possibly are trying too hard and forgetting your more basic role in the side.
2. Corey Oates - Involve yourself when you can. Go back and look at your previous season match reels and you will see that you focused on catching. You have got your paycheck coming and you don't need to be a second rower.
3. Kotoni Staggs - Don't lose your spirit. Look for your moments in attack and keep cutting them in half in defense. Don't forget your winger.
4. Gehamat Shibasaki - Defensively you are working well. Going forward, work on your handling and explosive running.
5. Richard Kennar - Keep playing consistently and you will keep making the team. Bring your maturity forward and talk a lot.
6. Anthony Milford - You need to re-find your love for the game. You were fearsome when you gave yourself a little bit of space and had the ball out in front of you. Play what you see, but remember that you played your best when you were enjoying your footy.
7. Sean O'Sullivan - Don't go too hard too fast. Your first job is to direct play. If there is an opportunity for you to run, take it. But don't overthink it.
8. Matthew Lodge - Straight and hard on angles. Don't take every play. Pick your lines and your players and wait for your moment. Sometimes taking every hit-up can stifle the play.
9. Andrew McCullough - Take a step back and let Turpin shine. There is no shame in that. Your career is moving towards its end and you may be trying to overplay your hand.
10. Payne Haas - You will be a target. Your best asset is your playing time and endurance. Wait out the first big hit-ups and late in the half go looking to make strong runs. Call Milford, Turpin, Staggs or Fifi with you. Focus hard on your defense.
11. David Fifita - Keep it up. Sometimes the plays you will try won't play out. But keep playing with spirit. Don't forget to train in tackling.
12. Matt Gillett - You are the senior forward. Take the lead. Lead by example and encourage the young boys to aim up. If you aren't getting ball you need to talk to the halves ASAP.
13. Tevita Pangai - Review your tape. Your best games were played off the back of enthusiasm and energy. Right now, you are pushing plays that aren't on. If you want to offload, make sure the boys know you're going for it. Otherwise, make your run, pick your lines and smash those opposition halves. You need to focus on your defense at the moment. No more jersey slinging.

14. Jake Turpin - You should be starting. Your defense is great and your runs from half are paying dividends. Just keep your eyes up and look for your moments. Take control from the half and tell the forwards the play. You can read the game and you can see where the ball needs to be. First 3-4 tackles need to be angled runs back into the middle.
15. Joe Ofahengaue - You are the senior forward. Take the lead. Lead by example and encourage the young boys to aim up. Straight, hard and with passion.
16. Thomas Flegler - Ball control needs to be your focus. Explosive power hitting the line. Keep looking to hit the outside shoulder of the defender.
17. Patty Carrigan - Keep it up. Aim for a little more speed and work your lines.

If Turpin can cut guys in half, every guy in the team should be able to. If you need tips then ask Jake. Ball control and defense need to be top priority. Simplify the play. If you work as a unit you will be heroes. Line speed in defense is working very well but in attack there is no cohesion. As a team we need to break it down to set plays. Milf and Turps need to be calling plays. If Milf can't then Turps will have to step up.

Tbh, i havent heard anything really negative tbh, which is why i'm so surprised that we look like they just dont want to play for him.

The squad doesnt have a leader. They missed Glenn tonight and Boyd is dragging the team down. Macca nice bloke but not a leader. As long as boyd is there - it will be shit times.

If Boyd has an ounce of credibility he would retire today. He would muster the courage to acknowledge he is done. I think the players are frustrated and gutted from the look in the sheds. The players looked fed up with Boyd and if Seibs doesn't send him packing then he will lose the shed.

Milf was our whole spine tonight. He was 7,6, 1 and hooker at times when Macca was out there.

We had a bounce in form i think due to Seggy. He is infectious and we need him back. The boys looked like they respected him from the get go.

They don't look up to Boyd and Macca thats for sure. Boyd single handedly took any momentum we had and shit his pants. He is joke, he is fool and he should be ashamed. If he is not the boys should come into the showers with socks full of soap bricks and slog the **** out of him.

Siebs the year is toast. Send those two back to qrl and bring Seggy and anyone else in. Tell the boys to go out and have some fun. Play for the fans and just do your best.

Why the hell hasn’t seggy been picked again? He’s signed on minimum dollars... use him ffs

I think we are badly lacking the low maintenance, just get the job done type of player. We let 3 of those go to the cows and they would walk into this team. We just dont have blokes like Reed, or Stagg for example who were just reliable, solid performers.

It might sound stupid but you could tell as they ran out on to the field. They strolled out of the sheds, noone looked focussed or even fired up for the match.

When a mistake was made, heads dropped. Noone rallied the team together. We had chances, more ball knights not reaching touch on penalties.

I am so over this shit. Shiba and macca cannot be there next week. It is painful to watch.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.