Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Once again, the same mental weakness that has haunted us all year slipped right into place. We conceded early points, and even despite giving us every chance to get back into it, Newy were never out of autopilot.

Nope Moose was let go prior. I’m not sure if the club would have consulted the incoming coach but I’m pretty sure that decision was made before Siebold took over.

It was a Seibold decision even though he wasnt here. Moose was told he wasnt wanted by our incoming coach. Tbf, the cows did give him a very, very good offer.

Yeah, in hindsight that seems right up there with some of the dumbest player decisions we've made this century.
Don't forget at the time Moose wanted a 3 year deal and we needed to make decisions around our youth which everyone in the game was raving about.
We wanted him but only for 2 years.
These things happen with the cap .

And the idiot let go of a bloke like Moose.

I think now that some of the circumstances behind the scenes is coming out, I don’t think we can blame the current regime for releasing McGuire. If we were indeed over the cap heading into 2019 then this was the most logical move as he was going to be a lot easier to move than the other dead weights.

What concerns me is something I have feared for a while and it was finally confirmed this week is how mismanaged our cap has been.

I think Seibold should still shoulder a lot of blame with how we are playing and having this team not turn up with any sort of attitude is a concern. I am resisting the urge to overact and say he has lost the playing group because that win we had against the Roosters was a sign that we are capable and that Seibold hasn’t lost the playing group. It was a win and performance I would expect under Bennett so for Seibold to help orchestrate that was promising. But the last month has been very alarming.

Whether you are anti Seibold or anti Bennett, the fact is both are equally to blame. Seibold inherited a mess and it’s going to take some time but we should still be doing better than we are whether we have ample excuses or not and he has to take responsibility for that. We are 18-0 down and struggling for points and getting zero spark from Macca and yet he keeps him on until the 51st minute. That to me is not coaching to the occasion, that’s coaching based on structure and not being able to stray away from it based on the game scenario.

No matter how messy behind the scenes are, we shouldn’t be losing to the Titans at home like that and we shouldn’t be turning up 3 games in a row with zero attitude. So yes Seibold is to blame.

However, Wayne has apparently left us a squad that was over the cap with a very mismanaged roster in terms of value for money salary cap wise, has already poached 2 of our squad players mid season, taken pot shots at the current regime at any given opportunity even though we were releasing players because of his doing supposedly, and like he did at Saints and Newcastle, left a blaze behind him for the next man in line to pick up the pieces.

As far as I’m concerned I loved Wayne from 2001-2018 since I started religiously following the NRL. 2019 Bennett can kiss my ass and hope Souths free fall continues. Wayne has always been about himself and the players who are loyal to him and he has done absolutely nothing to cover himself in glory since the day he knew he was getting the sack. The sad thing is we idolise him yet he has put his ego above the club because he didn’t agree with a Bird decision that went against him.

Prepare your assholes because I'm going in dry, because right at this moment, this team is bottom 4 quality.

1. Milford - Full credit to him, in a well beaten side he shook off the fullback rust pretty quickly and at the end looked like our most threatening player. Even so, it still didn't amount to much, and as our highest paid player he must realize he is gonna get some heat. 5
2. Oates - Signs a new contract and is immediately well out of form. It doesn't get much more clearer than that how shit this season has been. However his shit form is just a symptom of broader problems. 4
3. Staggs - Didn't shame himself and was good with the goals but was otherwise unsighted. At the very least is far, far better centre than his partner. 5
4. Shibasaki - Absolute trash. Offers nothing in either defence or attack, has a stupid haircut and wouldn't make first grade at any other side. He stands as a beacon to the massive depth problems we have right now. 3
5. Kennar - Pretty similar to Oates form in a lot of ways. Didn't do anything overtly bad but wasn't a stand out either. Again, a symbol of our big problems with depth. 4
6. Boyd - It is no coincidence that as soon as Boyd moves to the halves, our attack goes from bad to miles worse. He is fucking done. I couldn't care less if dropping him would piss off the players, suck it up. He's shit and he's done. 0
7. SoS - Hard to get a read on because of the form of the whole side but I'm not seeing any reason why Dearden should be feeling concerned. Knows how to give away a cheap error. 5
8. Lodge - Can't fault him for effort but he ends up with the ball more times then his halves because his hooker is a useless fuckwit. 6
9. McC - OH LOOK it's the useless fuckwit. As soon as Turpin replaced him we looked half threatening. Passes it one out to forwards because he doesn't know what else to do, grapples like a bitch in tackles and often falls off and brings the entire teams tempo down to Mitch McConnell turtle level. He must go and go now. 0
10. Haas - Again, can't fault his effort, he made some good runs in the 2nd half, but nowhere near enough of an effort to say he can hold his head up while the rest can't. 6
11. Fifita - He is obviously a work in progress but in a well beaten side, I think he was one of our betters. Finally got some decent minutes and gave the defence headaches at times. Still, well beaten...6
12. Gillett - Honestly, he isn't where he should be for his profile and pay grade. The honeymoon for the injury excuse is quickly running out of time, and when it does suddenly people start to wonder if you aren't cooked. 4
13. TPJ - Put in a really good 400k a season performance.....5

14. Turpin - Once again our only shining light. As soon as he came on, we looked like a side with some energy and movement. It was way too late a move by the coach who I'll deal with in a minute, but to be honest he has a right to demand being a starting hooker at this point, and if another club offers him that he would be mad not to take it. 7
15. Joe O - Another textbook nothing Joe O performance. Didn't seem to turn the momentum when he came on and just largely mediocre. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect in a side beaten. 4
16. Flegler - I fear he has regressed a bit because of the teams piss poor form. He doesn't seem to have the aggression he had early on in the year coming off the bench. Still, he is a far better option than anyone else we have. 4
17. Carrigan - Wasn't impressed. Can't really even remember him being out there. Benefit of the doubt and all that but I'm not seeing what you're seeing @Wolfie 4

And finally the coach. Anthony, listen to me man. You must get your claws into this playing group and fucking fast. There is a lot more to commanding a side and a club then just chopping and changing players until you find the 17 that will just tolerate you the most. You MUST sell your philosophy to them and soon, otherwise you will be a coach without a team as early as next year. Bennett and Souffs might be in a slump, but they're still well within their rights to be laughing at us right now, and frankly at the end of the day that is on you, and let me tell you this, fans are not gonna be able to cop much more of it.
I think milford deserves more than a 5. First game at fullback, no errors back there, a good kick return break etc. I think at least a 7 given everything.

Gillett had a forward leader? This the same ‘leader’ that didn’t have a single run in the first half?

Josh McGuire who was released while Bennett was still at the club?

Yep, he did. Bennett was clearly going though and Seibold coming in, but surely you arent naive enough to think Seibold didnt have a hand in his departure, because i know for a fact he did. Mind you, i think Bennett would have told him to consider the cows offer anyway as it was so good.

Yep, he did. Bennett was clearly going though and Seibold coming in, but surely you arent naive enough to think Seibold didnt have a hand in his departure, because i know for a fact he did. Mind you, i think Bennett would have told him to consider the cows offer anyway as it was so good.

I would love to see some proof. Because all the reports say otherwise. The club facilitated a move for McGuire to Cowboys and Bennett was consulted. All of this while Seibold was still at Souths.

What we should do is go out and sign up Karmichael Hunt for the next year and a half. He would fix a lot of problems for us imo.
I actually thought the same. He would be a great buy.

I think now that some of the circumstances behind the scenes is coming out, I don’t think we can blame the current regime for releasing McGuire. If we were indeed over the cap heading into 2019 then this was the most logical move as he was going to be a lot easier to move than the other dead weights.

What concerns me is something I have feared for a while and it was finally confirmed this week is how mismanaged our cap has been.

I think Seibold should still shoulder a lot of blame with how we are playing and having this team not turn up with any sort of attitude is a concern. I am resisting the urge to overact and say he has lost the playing group because that win we had against the Roosters was a sign that we are capable and that Seibold hasn’t lost the playing group. It was a win and performance I would expect under Bennett so for Seibold to help orchestrate that was promising. But the last month has been very alarming.

Whether you are anti Seibold or anti Bennett, the fact is both are equally to blame. Seibold inherited a mess and it’s going to take some time but we should still be doing better than we are whether we have ample excuses or not and he has to take responsibility for that. We are 18-0 down and struggling for points and getting zero spark from Macca and yet he keeps him on until the 51st minute. That to me is not coaching to the occasion, that’s coaching based on structure and not being able to stray away from it based on the game scenario.

No matter how messy behind the scenes are, we shouldn’t be losing to the Titans at home like that and we shouldn’t be turning up 3 games in a row with zero attitude. So yes Seibold is to blame.

However, Wayne has apparently left us a squad that was over the cap with a very mismanaged roster in terms of value for money salary cap wise, has already poached 2 of our squad players mid season, taken pot shots at the current regime at any given opportunity even though we were releasing players because of his doing supposedly, and like he did at Saints and Newcastle, left a blaze behind him for the next man in line to pick up the pieces.

As far as I’m concerned I loved Wayne from 2001-2018 since I started religiously following the NRL. 2019 Bennett can kiss my ass and hope Souths free fall continues. Wayne has always been about himself and the players who are loyal to him and he has done absolutely nothing to cover himself in glory since the day he knew he was getting the sack. The sad thing is we idolise him yet he has put his ego above the club because he didn’t agree with a Bird decision that went against him.

Wayne didnt leave us over the cap, i dont know where that comes from. We have another 3 or 4 people managing our cap. Bennett has an input, but i'd say White and Lanigan are the major players when it comes to cap management.

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • Lozza
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.