Round 16 Discussion

It is a smart move really. The Tigers are in with a shot for the finals and Robbie does make them a better side. He is also on his last legs and is only signed to the end of the season, so would not be on a lot of money. If he tries his old rubbish, Cleary can just show him the door once again. Farah though has all the responsibility of showing he is worth another year, he certainly doesn't have any of the power he used to have there anymore. Finally, despite himself, I don't think anyone disputes he actually does love the club.
He was outstanding today, easily one of their best players but their backs did their best to lose it for them with a heap of unforced errors.

Tigers would have been silly not to take Robbie back. Club legend, premiership winner, and in a competition with very few quality 9's, (as evidenced by QLD...) you take one if he comes knocking for basically minimum wage.

So what do we make of the Tigers?

2 weeks ago, I gave them no hope of being a threat, with Farah in the team, they're going to be a lot more competitive. Mbye... Meh, I honestly don't rate him, a lot of people say a lot of good things about him, maybe I just haven't watched him enough but I just don't see what makes him special.

Do the Tigers have any chance of being a threat come finals? They were mighty impressive in the first month of the season but seem to have fallen off pretty hard since.

So what do we make of the Tigers?

2 weeks ago, I gave them no hope of being a threat, with Farah in the team, they're going to be a lot more competitive. Mbye... Meh, I honestly don't rate him, a lot of people say a lot of good things about him, maybe I just haven't watched him enough but I just don't see what makes him special.

Do the Tigers have any chance of being a threat come finals? They were mighty impressive in the first month of the season but seem to have fallen off pretty hard since.

Farah will make them better but Mbye won't. You can't replace half your spine mid-way through the season and expect to be ok. I suspect it may be too late for them now. I may also be completely wrong.

Love to watch the Cows lose but if they snag a win it's good for us.

Boy, that's been a no-try penalty all season for obstruction but nope, it's the NRL, we can't have consistency now can we (I do think common sense says it's a try but that isn't the point).

Greg Alexander doesn’t realise that if you wrap your arms around a player to tackle him, then it’s a defensive decision. Why would you wrap your arms around if you aren’t making a tackle?

Stupid old flog doesn’t know what a good decoy run is.

Raiders were denied a try for the same thing against the Warriors when it should have been try and now common sense prevails.

Boy, that's been a no-try penalty all season for obstruction but nope, it's the NRL, we can't have consistency now can we (I do think common sense says it's a try but that isn't the point).

Yep clear no try for mine too.

Greg Alexander doesn’t realise that if you wrap your arms around a player to tackle him, then it’s a defensive decision. Why would you wrap your arms around if you aren’t making a tackle?

Stupid old flog doesn’t know what a good decoy run is.

Raiders were denied a try for the same thing against the Warriors when it should have been try and now common sense prevails.

Nah Granville didn’t go looking for burgess, sure he wrapped his arms, but what was he supposed to do step aside? The onus is on burgess to run a clean decoy line, not on the defender to avoid contact. Reynolds took the ball directly behind burgess who effectively ran as a lead blocker. Bad call for mine.

Nah Granville didn’t go looking for burgess, sure he wrapped his arms, but what was he supposed to do step aside? The onus is on burgess to run a clean decoy line, not on the defender to avoid contact. Reynolds took the ball directly behind burgess who effectively ran as a lead blocker. Bad call for mine.

Yep it was the wrong call simply because it has been a no try for the last couple of seasons. Granville clearly gave up thinking he'd get the penalty but that isn't the point.

It's my opinion that the so called early year blitz by referees has affected their judgement and decision making, & the flunker doesn't help

Man, JT really has gone too long. Still has some magic clearly but so few and far between now.

The Cows just look so old and slow.

That moment when Sam Burgess puts in a better kick than Nikorima ever has

Goodness me, Cows pull another flukey try.

That moment when Sam Burgess puts in a better kick than Nikorima ever has

Turn it up. KNik almost got Roberts a try this very week with a kick. He isn't going great a halfback sure, but he isn't as completely bad as a lot of people make out and the Broncs are still winning.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • pennywisealfie
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • Splinter
  • Broncorob
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrRobot
  • ell.d33
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mystico
  • Locky field goal
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.