Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

In the first 10 minutes of the game I thought we had the next Jharal, in the last 70 minutes of the game I thought we had the next Maranta.

Xavier Coates, what are you.

Scored a try on debut, should have had a double...I mean our right side defence felt really brittle in the 2nd half and he had a few airswings, but for a debutant I was perfectly happy with him.

You think so? I thought they lacked a lot of power. Says a lot about Macca though, he should’ve been belting our 5th tackle kicks more often.
He didn't get many kicks but most were more of a finesse kick(which we got a try and almost another), the one kick where he tried to belt it he almost got a 40/20, sure he made an off kick going the opposite side but overall it was pretty good imo.

Last edited:
Tough and Gutsy. Just what we should be looking for. TPJ superb. Thats the type of game he needs to bring every week. Cant fault any of them. Boyd and Macca wont get enough credit either, but they were really good and stepped up today. A bit like TPJ, thats the minimum level they need to keep performing at.

Certainly in the top 10 of greatest ever Bronco wins. I like the look of Kennedy, he bent the line on a couple occasions and certainly doesn't take a step backwards. Cronulla were deplorable and simply out enthused by a bunch of youngsters who are looking to make a living out of the game in the near future. An unexpected brilliant moment in a terrible season. The key is to back it up next week.

Super effort. The boys really wanted the win. Lots to be happy with. Seggy is a must. I hope Turps is being locked up and SOS was very good before his injury.
Boyd put in a good game and I hope he continues on with that effort.

Proud of all the boys tonight.

That was a heroic win. Tpj played wonderfully, as did glen. Whilst coated got the occolades, I thought farnsworth was the more solid in his performance. I'm extremely worried about our right side defence but with all the rookies it's hard to be critical.
The old boys played well and the young fellows brought enthusiasm, and really that all you could expect from a team like that (especially considering the only real halve we have was lost at half time).
From what I've seen saguaro looks like he would be the best of our makeshift halves, though it seems Macca might be preferred in that role. Thats good for general play but I prefer segyaro one pass off the ruck in the opponents twenty (he has twice now put in stand out performances doing so).
I think our forwards in general looked good. We just need the outside backs defence to improve.

Tough and Gutsy. Just what we should be looking for. TPJ superb. Thats the type of game he needs to bring every week. Cant fault any of them. Boyd and Macca wont get enough credit either, but they were really good and stepped up today. A bit like TPJ, thats the minimum level they need to keep performing at.

To be fair, that’s all we’ve really wanted out of them

Good teams don't lose interest in the ball before a tackle is complete. This is the secret sauce to supporting offload lords like TPJ and Milford. This is why we kicked it up in the 2nd part of the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll....................

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We're the Broncos
The greatest team on earth
We're the heart of all Queensland

Never stop
We never rest
On and on
We beat the best
Never giving up we bleed maroon and gold

For the league
We risk it all
Miles above
We're standing tall
We're the finest and the greatest club of all

We're the Broncos
The mighty Broncos
We keep fighting every second till the end

We breathe in our soul
The best game of all
We are the Broncos of Queensland

Hey!!

True blue mate! Absolutely Broncos style. On the contrary, the Sharks & the Refs competed against each other as to who is the most disgraced. Won the game with absolute True Grit.

If the blokes could continue with more intensity, attitude but with less errors, this season will have many dimension as to where we end up. Go the mighty Broncos.

Farnworth has a bit of an under the radar belter of a debut. All the exciting plays (for and against us) happens down Coates’ wing so for me at least he had most my attention.

Herbie however put out some great stats:

13 runs
107 run metres
33 post contact metres
3 tackle breaks
0 missed tackles
0 errors

I don’t know if he can play right wing but when Oates returns he has earned the other wing. Coates still looks as though he needs a little more experience before stepping up.

Flanno's knee to Lodges head really seemed to give us a lift.

Right side def from us was absolutely deplorable before and after Shibasaki went off but all in all can't fault much of the effort.

Thought our forwards were really solid and SJ getting hooked topped off the really gutsy win.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.