Coach: Anthony SeiboldCoach: Stephen Kearney
Referees: Chris Sutton, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Clayton Sharpe, Jarrod Cole
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 5:30 pm
Broadcast: Channel 9; Foxleague; Kayo

Last edited:
Hopefully SoS pulls up alright. I think he showed a lot more promise than Dearden so far this season. Had a mom performance until he got injured. SoS and Dearden could be a great pairing come next season.

Seggy showed up Macca again, and Turpin is quickly becoming the heart of this team. If Dearden is back and SOS is fit, it’s time to drop Macca.

Boyd did enough to retain a spot in the team for one more week.

Coates looks a bit too fresh, while Farnworth had a quiet but solid debut and managed to sneak over 100 run metres.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Stagg
5. Farnworth
6. Turpin
7. SoS
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillo
13. Offa

14. Seggy
15. TPJ
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler

O'Sullivan & Shibasaki are no chance next week, you can't back up a week after a hammy strain, same deal with a compound fracture. I also highly doubt we'll be playing Gillett 4 days after Origin with a groin strain, so you can rule him out as well. Hopefully Milf is back, because this is what I'd run -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako
6. Turpin
7. Milford
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

O'Sullivan & Shibasaki are no chance next week, you can't back up a week after a hammy strain, same deal with a compound fracture. I also highly doubt we'll be playing Gillett 4 days after Origin with a groin strain, so you can rule him out as well. Hopefully Milf is back, because this is what I'd run -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Coates
5. Isaako
6. Turpin
7. Milford
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Segeyaro
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

I agree with your points about player availability but how do you drop Farnworth after that performance? Look at his stats. He was Oates like without the errors.

I agree with your points about player availability but how do you drop Farnworth after that performance? Look at his stats. He was Oates like without the errors.

He was solid, but he was put on the left wing for a reason, Coates is the more highly thought of, he'll be the first to stay, he's also capable of playing Centre. Seibold was only talking a couple of days ago about how we've been missing Isaako, so don't be shocked if he's back on the right wing next week as well.

He was solid, but he was put on the left wing for a reason, Coates is the more highly thought of, he'll be the first to stay, he's also capable of playing Centre. Seibold was only talking a couple of days ago about how we've been missing Isaako, so don't be shocked if he's back on the right wing next week as well.

I think it’s a mistake to reward Coates and punish Farnworth after today. He scored a great try but his defence was disgusting if we’re being objective. 3 tries scored down his side in 9 minutes and that edge looked sus all night. He also didnt so anywhere near the dirty work that Farnworth put in.

I’m not bagging the kid, his potential looks great but I think his hype is overshadowing how much Farnworth outperformed him.

I think it’s a mistake to reward Coates and punish Farnworth after today. He scored a great try but his defence was disgusting if we’re being objective. 3 tries scored down his side in 9 minutes and that edge looked sus all night. He also didnt so anywhere near the dirty work that Farnworth put in.

I’m not bagging the kid, his potential looks great but I think his hype is overshadowing how much Farnworth outperformed him.

In his defence Staggs was rushing up a bit and against 2 very fast players.

Bringing Oates back in to the team is not "punishing Farnworth", stop being silly. Is bringing Gillett back on to the right edge punishing TPJ?

I've already listed my reasons for why Coates will remain in the team, he can play centre because of his size, Farnworth cannot, he'll get man handled.

McCullough will play in this game.

I thought he had a very good game. He certainly did enough to keep the 9 jersey for another week so I think if anyone is expecting a change, they will be disappointed.

Bringing Oates back in to the team is not "punishing Farnworth", stop being silly. Is bringing Gillett back on to the right edge punishing TPJ?

I've already listed my reasons for why Coates will remain in the team, he can play centre because of his size, Farnworth cannot, he'll get man handled.

I never said don’t bring back Oates. Of course you bring back Oates. If Farnworth is capable of playing in the right he should get first crack. Coates needs to play a bit more ISC to get his defence up to scratch.

Also Farnworth is 190cm and 100kg so you’re talking nonsense. I don’t want him to play centre but if he did he would literally be one of the biggest centres in the game.

Last edited:
So SOS likely out, Shiba out, Milf maybe out, Gillett probably rested

Macca looked respectable at 7 could we go with him at 7, Turps and Seggy at hooker

Paix might come in if Milf still out

1 Boyd (with injuries in the halves I'd not be comfortable having Boyd at 6 as well)
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Coates
5 Herbie
6 Milf (Paix if Milf not ready)
7 Macca (reluctantly)
8 Lodge
9 Turps
10 Haas
11 Glenn
12 TPJ
13 Flegler (Would prefer Carrigan)

14 Seggy
15 Fifi (Comes on for TPJ round 20 or 30 minute mark... didn't impress me last time he backed up from origin and this is a shorter turnaround so look to bring him on later in the game and move TPJ to the middles rotation)
16 Offa
17 Carrigan (would prefer him starting at 13)

Last edited:
I never said don’t bring back Oates. Of course you bring back Oates. If Farnworth is capable of playing in the right he should get first crack. Coates needs to play a bit more ISC to get his defence up to scratch.

Also Farnworth is 190cm and 100kg so you’re talking nonsense. I don’t want him to play centre but if he did he would literally be one of the biggest centres in the game.

I'm so confused by what you're saying, I think you're just misinterpreting what I'm typing. I agree that Farnworth was objectively better today. I'm just telling you that I don't believe he will be in the team next week, pending the availability of Isaako of course. If Isaako is still unavailable he'll be on the right wing with Coates at right centre. But if Isaako is back, you need to prepare yourself for the reality that he'll be playing for Norths again.

McCullough will play in this game.

I thought he had a very good game. He certainly did enough to keep the 9 jersey for another week so I think if anyone is expecting a change, they will be disappointed.

To be fair if Boyd and Macca can at least have a standard game like that every week, most of us wouldn’t be wishing to see them pushed out the door.

Considering the circumstances, I have no complaints if we need to keep Boyd at 1 next week as long as he can at least make today a standard performance. If he does then he can at least see out the season and reassess then.

I’d have no complaints with Macca at 9 provided Turpin is required to play in the halves again. When Milford, SOS and Dearden are back I couldn’t find a spot for Macca, Segeyaro is valuable off the bench.

Origin injuries depending id say it’s going to look like this,

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Coates
6. Turpin
7. Milford (wishful thinking though)
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Gillet
12. TPJ
13. Flegler
14. Segyaro
15. Offa
16. Carrigan
17. Fifita

Herbie was on the left because he can play both sides, Coates likes the right and plays there. I spoke before the game about Herbie's versatile nature within a game- he plays both sides. He was also very adaptable today filling roles out of trouble and in attack.

He scored a great try against the Jets over the left and three tries against the Cutters on the right.

Coates has never played centre against men- in Mal Meninga he has but that's a huge challenge to think he can play there at NRL.

Herbie has been playing centre for Norths the last three weeks and he has been tremendous. Made his ISC debut at centre too.
[automerge]1562490027[/automerge]
Paix has Origin on Wednesday if O'Sullivan is in danger big call to expect Paix to play Wednesday and make his debut Saturday.

I thought O'Sullivan today had his best half in 12 months since the Residents game, he was running and had options he was willing to take, they were holding off him too.

Coates I think performed to expectation, great try. The difference between 12 months of ISC and one game showed with Herbie knowing what to do between big plays and being able to do little things really well. Coates didn't have the same impact with exit sets or his defence.

Last edited:
Coates has never played centre against men- in Mal Meninga he has but that's a huge challenge to think he can play there at NRL.

Apart from 2 weeks ago against the Samoan national side. Wasn't too bad either.

Complete lottery who Seibold prioritises, I can see it being Coates though. He may even prioritise both and just put Isaako on the list to be released.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.