PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

He travelled the world studying various forms of voodoo. He became a master which doctor and has placed a curse on the number 7 broncos jersey, striking down any half that would challenge his mantle as the most recent premiership winning broncos half.

It all lines up, the drop ball in the 2015 gf, the successive injuries. Its perry!
Which doctor would that be? Doctor who?

This sort of dribble sounds like you're trying to convince yourself and everyone else that it was always seibolds plan for this , if you look back seibold said himself the club has a plan of what they want. Obviously seibold is having input in the latest signings but the club pointed him in a direction, and to say Bennett wouldn't have changed anything is just you haters directing blame at him . You wouldn't have a clue what Wayne would have done.
Nah, don't need to convince myself or anybody anything, people I am happy for people to form their own opinions and views, I just expressed mine. I'm not a Wayne hater either..

Wayne changed nothing since 2016 (spine wise,) blind freddy could see it wasn't working. In fact, he said multiple times that milf and niko were the 6 & 7 into the future - in the many times he was questioned whether or not anything was going to change in the halves.
How all of a sudden was Wayne going to make it work this year? I couldn't have see Wayne moving Darius from FB either..
I think Wayne only gave Turpin 1 game at the Broncos since signing him, Siebs has given him a genuine crack, and so far I reckon Turpin has repayed the favor with how he has been playing..
All I'm simply stating is that Seibs is starting to get this roster where he and the club want it. I think we needed to have a roster shake up because things just were not working. The board made the decision to go down this path and inject youth, giving the young blokes at the club a go and I think Seibs is handling the transition with the roster pretty well.
I can't see us getting too far this year, bu the future looks brights in my eyes.

Nah, don't need to convince myself or anybody anything, people I am happy for people to form their own opinions and views, I just expressed mine. I'm not a Wayne hater either..

Wayne changed nothing since 2016 (spine wise,) blind freddy could see it wasn't working. In fact, he said multiple times that milf and niko were the 6 & 7 into the future - in the many times he was questioned whether or not anything was going to change in the halves.
How all of a sudden was Wayne going to make it work this year? I couldn't have see Wayne moving Darius from FB either..
I think Wayne only gave Turpin 1 game at the Broncos since signing him, Siebs has given him a genuine crack, and so far I reckon Turpin has repayed the favor with how he has been playing..
All I'm simply stating is that Seibs is starting to get this roster where he and the club want it. I think we needed to have a roster shake up because things just were not working. The board made the decision to go down this path and inject youth, giving the young blokes at the club a go and I think Seibs is handling the transition with the roster pretty well.
I can't see us getting too far this year, bu the future looks brights in my eyes.

I agree about seibold and it's a breath of fresh air, but so many people think turpin was a genius move. It wasn't he was a last resort and has been great to his credit, but take a look who came straight back into the team after injury ??? Macca , and who did seibold get behind recently??? Macca , who is back in the starting 9 ??? Macca.
I actually think that the board has been behind the rebuild and seibold has his say , but we will see if he has handled it. We got a good win Last week and everyone is up but he needs to get this team consistent.

I agree about seibold and it's a breath of fresh air, but so many people think turpin was a genius move. It wasn't he was a last resort and has been great to his credit, but take a look who came straight back into the team after injury ??? Macca , and who did seibold get behind recently??? Macca , who is back in the starting 9 ??? Macca.
I actually think that the board has been behind the rebuild and seibold has his say , but we will see if he has handled it. We got a good win Last week and everyone is up but he needs to get this team consistent.
Turpin retained the 9 jersey, even when Macca came back into the side. Macca came back off the bench.
From memory, Turpin didn't have his best game starting against the Eels. since then, Macca has been the starting 9, but I also feel as though there is more to it, there have been injuries to the spine, and also players changing position in the spine.
Since Darius has gone to 6, and Milf to 1, I think Seibs feels as though Macca is the more secure 9 at this stage, probably until Darius fits in at 6 a little more, and Milf can roam and kick on the 5th..
I would have Turpin starting at 9, if Dearden was back in at 7.
Listening to the way Seibs talks about Turps, I have no doubt he is the bloke that Seibs wants in the 9 beyond this year. Hopefully we are able to secure Turps beyond 2019. He spoke glowingly again this morning about him.
I do agree that last week was a great win, but as you said we need to do it again tomorrow night, otherwise last week doesn't mean a whole lot.

What do they need to do if we win?

Awesome discussion @pagey and @Stu_9

Good points made by both of you.

Would be interesting to see the look of the side if McCullough had not been injured.

That being said, what happened happened though and Seibs can only play the hand he's dealt, and Turpin, to his credit, has remained in the team.

Berrigan was a revelation at 9 back in the day - I can't remember that far back but no doubt injuries played a role in getting him in that position.

I'm sure there are other examples regardless of whoever was coach.

Have been thinking of Bennett and Seibold a little bit lately.

So, Gorden Tallis made some very interesting comments in the wake of our victory over the Roosters. He said the Broncos reverted back to "Bennett-ball" and it worked.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know but is it possible Seibold is over-coaching the players?

Either way I'm now beginning to understand why words like 'horrific' are being tossed around about the Broncos.

Just imagine if Seibold can do Bennett-ball better than Bennett...frightening.

That is some Lovecraftian horror right there! We are at the foot of the Mountains of Madness.

Let's never think of that again.

The other thing was what if Bennett had stayed this year. I read a few times, here and there, that we might be in a slightly better position. For instance, we may have hung on against St George-Illawarra and the Wests Tigers.

If that's the case, then Seibold deserves a wrap for tough, hard-fought wins over the Warriors and the Sharks.

I mean, if we're going to give Bennett imaginary praise for hypothetical wins then surely we have to give Seibold real credit for actual victories against tough sides away from home.

Fair's fair.

Thank God for Macca's injury, a forced change bringing in Turpin - far from a coaching master stroke.
I do not see this coach making Turpin the fulltime hooker while Macca is fit, e will be Mr Fixit for a while and then another 'off' game in halves will see him back in iSC oblivion.
Macca and Boyd till 2021, lets get used to it.

Awesome discussion @pagey and @Stu_9

Good points made by both of you.

Would be interesting to see the look of the side if McCullough had not been injured.

That being said, what happened happened though and Seibs can only play the hand he's dealt, and Turpin, to his credit, has remained in the team.

Berrigan was a revelation at 9 back in the day - I can't remember that far back but no doubt injuries played a role in getting him in that position.

I'm sure there are other examples regardless of whoever was coach.

Have been thinking of Bennett and Seibold a little bit lately.

So, Gorden Tallis made some very interesting comments in the wake of our victory over the Roosters. He said the Broncos reverted back to "Bennett-ball" and it worked.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know but is it possible Seibold is over-coaching the players?

Either way I'm now beginning to understand why words like 'horrific' are being tossed around about the Broncos.

Just imagine if Seibold can do Bennett-ball better than Bennett...frightening.

That is some Lovecraftian horror right there! We are at the foot of the Mountains of Madness.

Let's never think of that again.

The other thing was what if Bennett had stayed this year. I read a few times, here and there, that we might be in a slightly better position. For instance, we may have hung on against St George-Illawarra and the Wests Tigers.

If that's the case, then Seibold deserves a wrap for tough, hard-fought wins over the Warriors and the Sharks.

I mean, if we're going to give Bennett imaginary praise for hypothetical wins then surely we have to give Seibold real credit for actual victories against tough sides away from home.

Fair's fair.
The people bringing Bennett up seem to be those saying Wayne wouldn't have debuted player X or moved Y or whatever. Seibold is the coach now and he can enjoy credit for our wins and cop the blame for our losses as they come. Hopefully more of the former than the latter.

As most of the ‘baby Broncs’ are yet to play at Lang Park Seibolds had the squad training there this week. That’s a plus.
[automerge]1562961341[/automerge]
Listening to the way Seibs talks about Turps, I have no doubt he is the bloke that Seibs wants in the 9 beyond this year. Hopefully we are able to secure Turps beyond 2019. He spoke glowingly again this morning about him.
After watching a replay of both Roosters and Warriors it’s a no brainer. Easily as important as some of the other bigger names.

Last edited:
Inevitably the game will end up being a low scoring slog, because games between these two clubs always are, but damn I hope the boys go in with a ruthless mentality. If they can put the Warriors to the sword with a good scoreline, we could be as high as the Tigers 10th position by the end of the weekend provided results go our way.

Warriors at home is always a wonderful atmosphere. Kiwi supporters really get involved. Hopefully our team turns up wanting to play....... not like last year - was a disgrace.

Better than putting thaiday or mcguire to hooker time after time...
And Turpin has stayed in the team, that wouldn't have happened with Bennett. Mccullough is a very well respected member of the team by the younger guys, even Turpin appears to love the bloke. He will be given till the end of the year to sort himself out I reckon (unfortunately)

Better than putting thaiday or mcguire to hooker time after time...
And Turpin has stayed in the team, that wouldn't have happened with Bennett. Mccullough is a very well respected member of the team by the younger guys, even Turpin appears to love the bloke. He will be given till the end of the year to sort himself out I reckon (unfortunately)
Big difference in turpin this year than last. And even this year he wasn't doing shit in ISC , he was last man standing. He has taken his chance this time but hasn't been perfect like so many say . You have no idea what Bennett would've done, just like we don't know what seibold will do next year.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.