PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

kinda hard to judge things right now....we are having to name a new starting 13 every week it seems...not ideal...

I must say I saw a few things from Macca last week that I liked...he tried a few dummy half runs, he actively looked for support when he made a half break through the defensive line and he also threw a couple of cut-out passes to the edges...

small steps but I guess today will prove whether it was a one-off or he is being forced to adapt; the fact that Turps is ready and able, once everyone's fit, to come in and retake that 9 position might be the rocket to get Macca to conform to the standards we want from our hooker..

Someone mentioned S Berrigan.....man id love to think that we have another like him in Turps. If he stays here a long time I reckon the fact he has played multiple positions will stand him in good stead; Shaun was a freak though...a real one off.

Big difference in turpin this year than last. And even this year he wasn't doing shit in ISC , he was last man standing. He has taken his chance this time but hasn't been perfect like so many say . You have no idea what Bennett would've done, just like we don't know what seibold will do next year.
So Turpin was underperforming in ISC this year just like last year but we don't know whether Bennett would have given him more opportunity this year even though he didn't last year under the exact same circumstances? Yep... OK... I guess we don't, how presumptuous of me...
And Turpin performed well last year in his very, very limited opportunities yet he got dropped out of the 17 as soon as mccullough was back, I think if you scroll back through the forums for the games he played last year you will see several people calling for him to be picked ahead of mccullough already.
Seibold has given much more opportunities to younger players than Bennett has or would. I'm not saying it is or was right or wrong to do so, but that's exactly what has happened.
And for those knocking seibolds depth signings the last few weeks should have a good look at Bennett signings the last few weeks... Wow, at least theirs SOME potential in seibolds, I mean a 34 year old Goodwin ffs....

It is really starting to appear as though Turpin will be our half going forward this year with Macca at dumny hakf.’what this means for SoS,Dearden and Boyd I don’t know.

SoS was starting to look quite promising. Made some great half breaks that look like they will turn to points eventually.

I actually thought Macca was REALLY good last week, credit where it is due.

I actually thought Macca was REALLY good last week, credit where it is due.

Agree to disagree. I think he had a decent game by his standards and did all you could ask from him once he was shifted to the halves but he stifled our attack with slow passing and slow poorly timed runs that made no metres as usual.

So Turpin was underperforming in ISC this year just like last year but we don't know whether Bennett would have given him more opportunity this year even though he didn't last year under the exact same circumstances? Yep... OK... I guess we don't, how presumptuous of me...
And Turpin performed well last year in his very, very limited opportunities yet he got dropped out of the 17 as soon as mccullough was back, I think if you scroll back through the forums for the games he played last year you will see several people calling for him to be picked ahead of mccullough already.
Seibold has given much more opportunities to younger players than Bennett has or would. I'm not saying it is or was right or wrong to do so, but that's exactly what has happened.
And for those knocking seibolds depth signings the last few weeks should have a good look at Bennett signings the last few weeks... Wow, at least theirs SOME potential in seibolds, I mean a 34 year old Goodwin ffs....
He played a good game last year, you must have quality standards.

Nah, don't need to convince myself or anybody anything, people I am happy for people to form their own opinions and views, I just expressed mine. I'm not a Wayne hater either..

Wayne changed nothing since 2016 (spine wise,) blind freddy could see it wasn't working. In fact, he said multiple times that milf and niko were the 6 & 7 into the future - in the many times he was questioned whether or not anything was going to change in the halves.
How all of a sudden was Wayne going to make it work this year? I couldn't have see Wayne moving Darius from FB either..
I think Wayne only gave Turpin 1 game at the Broncos since signing him, Siebs has given him a genuine crack, and so far I reckon Turpin has repayed the favor with how he has been playing..
All I'm simply stating is that Seibs is starting to get this roster where he and the club want it. I think we needed to have a roster shake up because things just were not working. The board made the decision to go down this path and inject youth, giving the young blokes at the club a go and I think Seibs is handling the transition with the roster pretty well.
I can't see us getting too far this year, bu the future looks brights in my eyes.

Lets be honest about things, Seibold didnt make the tough decision to drop Macca, his hand was forced into playing Turpin because Macca got injured. Macca pretty much got handed his spot back despite not performing brilliantly when he was fit again.

Also, where has all this come from about Turpin not performing in ISC come from that i see people saying?

Last edited:
Tough match to tip here. Both sides are terrible and unlikely to feature in September and this game is well deserving of it's shitty time slot. The Warriors are capable of racking up a big score here and if the Bronco defensive line has the wobbles again, the score could get ugly. But I'll put on my fanboy hat and back the boys to tackle their hearts out following on from their stunning victory in their last outing. Broncos by 4 in a very low scoring affair.

Last edited:
Lets be honest about things, Seibold didnt make the tough decision to drop Macca, his hand was forced into playing Turpin because Macca got injured. Macca pretty much got handed his spot back despite not performing brilliantly when he was fit again.

Also, where has all this come from about Turpin not performing in ISC come from that i see people saying?
True, however, Turpin is still in the 17. Seibs has been loyal to the efforts that Turps has been putting in. In the past we have put Moose and I think even Glenn in the 9 while Macca has been off.
He could have easily put Turps back to ISC, once Macca came back but he didn't.
I genuinely think that having Turpin in the game has at least won us 1 or 2 games this year, that may prove vital come the end of the season if we just make it in the 8..
If you haven't already, it's well worth listening to Seibs on what he had to say about Turps yesterday in the pre game presser. He has also said in the past, that he really enjoyed coaching him in the under 20's origin squad I think it was..
I have never said anything about Turpin whilst in ISC, but I'm not convinced ISC is the be all, end all. Coates and Dearden are examples that have had very limited ISC experience, yet Seibs was prepared to chuck both into the NRL squad, I guess we are yet to see if these were the right decisions, but Coates is still in the side, whilst Dearden will come straight back in once he comes back from injury.

True, however, Turpin is still in the 17. Seibs has been loyal to the efforts that Turps has been putting in. In the past we have put Moose and I think even Glenn in the 9 while Macca has been off.
He could have easily put Turps back to ISC, once Macca came back but he didn't.
I genuinely think that having Turpin in the game has at least won us 1 or 2 games this year, that may prove vital come the end of the season if we just make it in the 8..
If you haven't already, it's well worth listening to Seibs on what he had to say about Turps yesterday in the pre game presser. He has also said in the past, that he really enjoyed coaching him in the under 20's origin squad I think it was..
I have never said anything about Turpin whilst in ISC, but I'm not convinced ISC is the be all, end all. Coates and Dearden are examples that have had very limited ISC experience, yet Seibs was prepared to chuck both into the NRL squad, I guess we are yet to see if these were the right decisions, but Coates is still in the side, whilst Dearden will come straight back in once he comes back from injury.

Isc is great for development. Gets the younger guys used to playing against men and the more physical side of the game more than they did in MM or the U20's. It does have some disadvantages but i believe its a crucial step in player development.

I've got a bad feeling, and whenever I've had a bad feeling this season the Broncos have lost.

Argh now why did you have to go and do that
We've turned a corner my man. What we need now is belief and heaps of positive vibs man. We nned to get the 'can do' spirit back. None of this - oh I'm backing against them so they will win. We need more I'm backing them to win coz that's the only outcome I can see.

Even though the last outing was a low scoring affair, I have a feeling tonight will be the opposite. We are fielding an attacking backline with plenty of strike power but leaky defence. Broncos 32-26

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Justwin
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • bazza
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • cento
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.