- South Sydney Rabbitohs vs Manly Sea Eagles
5:30PM - Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors
7:35PM - Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks

Sunday

2:00PM
- Sydney Roosters vs North Queensland Cowboys
4:05PM - Wests Tigers vs Parramatta Eels
6:10PM - St George Illawarra Dragons vs Canberra Raiders

Wests vs Parra is probably the most interesting for me, (outside of the Broncos game for us fans obviously). Depending on what Parra team shows up. I also just look forward to watching Corey Thompson play these days, that little manlet is full of heart.

This is as good an opportunity as any for the Panthers to announce themselves as serious contenders for the 2019 premiership. After a horrific start, they've done well to claw their way back into contention but they can't afford to be complacent. They'll have to find an extra gear because these close wins will only get them so far before they're exposed.

The Gold Coast are a good litmus test and can punish a side if they show up with the wrong attitude. Penrith should already be well aware of this after that terrible Round 5 loss to them where they let the game slip from their grasp. Fortunately this time, the Titans have a lot of outs, and their replacements leave something to be desired.

When I look at the Gold Coast line-up, I see a side lacking direction. I don't see how Stockwell and Matthews add to the team or pose any kind of threat to the opposition. Both are safe players and you know what to expect of them from the NRL, but you also know it isn't good enough to get the Gold Coast out of this rut. They brought in Sam Stone from Newcastle when they could have just promoted one of their junior backrows into the NRL squad. Unless they view him as a NRL talent, why bother rushing it?

An upset isn't off the cards, but the Gold Coast make it harder for themselves than they should.

Newcastle-Canterbury has a similar hook, with Newcastle looking to cement themselves as a Top 4 side after a heart-breaking loss to the Warriors. This is the type of game that they should win and you would have to think the Origin experience would have improved Pearce and Saifiti somewhat. It seemed like Pearce delivered his worse performances when Origin came up, so after being carried by Cook and Tedesco, surely he should be more composed in his play.

Last edited:
Lol Titans, fail to field a drop and concede a try

How the heck did the tits beat us this year? They barely look like a first grade side.

They are horrible tonight, we could have 3 Boyds in our team and still win.

The Titans just don’t seem to get it. Just like the early 2010’s, their greatest weakness is simply holding on to the ball. They could never build pressure and as such got fatigued and eventually torn apart regularly. The way they’ve started this second half is exactly the same. They’re able to get ample field position (a great 40/20 by Roberts helped), but they’ve now dropped the ball 4 times in the attacking 10. The next set? They go for a high-risk chip kick on half way and of course they just gift the Panthers easy field position. There was no need for it, 15 to go and only 12 down, high-percentage play was still the go.

Just hold the fucking ball and build pressure.

This half has been a bit of a bludger.

Refs would of let that accidental offside go if the the players didnt stop play.

I tell you what Newcastle have been getting away with murder in the ruck this year!

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.