Round 17 Discussion

Someonedidapoopinmyhouse is pretty good eh.

That Townsend “tackle” was very similar to Hoppas one years ago

That was a good game of football, both teams down on troops but Cameron Smith's class in the middle just made all the difference. Credit to Channel 9 for displaying the reverse angle for the Fa'asuamaleaui try. It looked forward on the original angle, but it was clearly flat.

Good try to finish it off as well with Smith engaging Burgess to get Papenhuyzen behind the ruck and Munster inserting himself into the play despite just playing the ball. Shades of the Knights '97 Grand Final.

Souths had an opportunity to get them late, but they fell in love with their left hand side. They needed to mix it up and challenge that right edge more, it just seemed like they were forcing the play.

The result all but assures Melbourne second place which is a good result for them with players to return. Souths brought back down to earth and the key will be how they respond. They started the game where they left off, but lost their way in the second half when Melbourne started getting some field position.

Souths awful handling let them down, way too many errors in the second half and missing Latrell really hurts them. Without Latrell in the back 5, they don't have any real x-factor players who can create opportunities so it puts all the pressure on their halves to create. It's good enough for most teams but against the best teams they'll struggle without really strong completion rates.

That was a good game of football, both teams down on troops but Cameron Smith's class in the middle just made all the difference. Credit to Channel 9 for displaying the reverse angle for the Fa'asuamaleaui try. It looked forward on the original angle, but it was clearly flat.

Good try to finish it off as well with Smith engaging Burgess to get Papenhuyzen behind the ruck and Munster inserting himself into the play despite just playing the ball. Shades of the Knights '97 Grand Final.

Souths had an opportunity to get them late, but they fell in love with their left hand side. They needed to mix it up and challenge that right edge more, it just seemed like they were forcing the play.

The result all but assures Melbourne second place which is a good result for them with players to return. Souths brought back down to earth and the key will be how they respond. They started the game where they left off, but lost their way in the second half when Melbourne started getting some field position.

They are missing Mitchell too.... Edit ... as @Kimlo explained above

Last edited:
I'm enjoying watching papz combine with olam and jac. Gotta be one of the deadliest left sides in the comp in the last couple weeks. This year I've probably watched more non Broncos games than my entire life. I miss watching the broncs play well.

Solid, that's about it.

He is a bit underwhelming. Definitely good enough to be the depth player that's he's being at the moment though. Is never going to be a first choice 17 player in any NRL side though imo.

Souths awful handling let them down, way too many errors in the second half and missing Latrell really hurts them. Without Latrell in the back 5, they don't have any real x-factor players who can create opportunities so it puts all the pressure on their halves to create. It's good enough for most teams but against the best teams they'll struggle without really strong completion rates.

Last night was evidence that they can't cover Latrell. I put a line through them when his injury was confirmed as season ending and nothing I saw last night changed my mind.

Cook had one of his better games for the season though so that's a positive for them. I'll also add that Cam Murray has to be one of my favourite players to watch - hard as nails and tackling technique is flawless.

Last edited:
Townsend got charged with a grade 3 shoulder charge.

misses 3 weeks with an early guilty plea

misses 5 weeks if he fights and loses

Fifita going to struggle to break the squad with these efforts from Fermor. Be good depth for us ;).

Active Now

• Alec
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.