Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Why do the uneducated always talk loudest?

Bond's form has been terrible.
Granville has gone backwards last few weeks.
Baptiste is one week back from injury and was strong last week- so you could mount a case for him. Although his defence is no where near as strong as McCullough's.

Voice of reason. Thanks 1910

Why do the uneducated always talk loudest?

Bond's form has been terrible.
Granville has gone backwards last few weeks.
Baptiste is one week back from injury and was strong last week- so you could mount a case for him. Although his defence is no where near as strong as McCullough's.
Perhaps because the educated coaching team is doing an appalling job.

Maranta has gone backwards for the whole year, so why not give Granville a shot? Baptise has been pushing for a spot for years but Hunt has the bench hooker spot sealed.

I can see why Norman will keep his spot even though I don't like it but we don't have a better fullback option. Granville and Baptise however have never got a fair chance from Griffin. There's always some reason to justify why they're not in first grade.

Last edited:
I suppose it's easier to focus on one's personal scapegoat, and while a person's "form" is a very complex matter of head and heart, it is not the root cause of any of our losses.

It goes so much deeper, and more sinister in it's short and long term effect. Quoting stats about a player's missed tackles can be useful, but I want the deeper, causal issues addressed.

RBY has summed it up as well an any on this forum:

"The players could be so much better- If their roles in the team were more specific, intelligent and thought through, we would be very competitive. We play such a brain dead and old fashioned game, it is embarrassing.

"imagine the time, effort and life commitment they put into their careers only to put up with the banal leadership and instruction Hook provides. he has not improved a single player"

"the lack of organization, coordination and slickness in the tackles from 1 to the kick are the problems with the Broncos. This is a training paddock issue and a game plan problem."

"Hook prattles on about attitude, players being keen etc but he misses the point completely- he seems unable to understand that we are off the pace in the construction of our game.

"the problem is the tactical bankruptcy of the coach."

"we need something to believe in, not something to hope for."

Amen.

Last edited:
Only changes that I believe will objectively improve the side is Baptiste in for Hunt. I don't understand why Baptiste hasn't been our bench hooker since 2011, must be his sideburns.

Kahu > Maranta

Tasi in too for Dodds.

The rest is just up for personal preference.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your ability to look up stats, cos we all know they always paint the full picture.

Yes JYY is playing q cup after one of the most horrific injuries nrl has seem. Lets rush him back in for a season that's basically already over

Mate you are kidding your self if u think Gillet was one of our best last night. Stats don't lie. Simply pointing out proof of what I saw from Gillet last night. Go watch replays and see how many half ass tackle attempts he made last night!

Yes, JYY is coming back from injury. That's why I said JYY/Kemp FYI!

I couldn't resist so I'm going to drop this in here.
No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au
"I haven't had much open space yet but hopefully when I do you can see how quick I am,'' Maranta said.He ran the 100m in 11sec flat as a 15-year-old and went to the national track and field championships in Year 10 for sprint races and, bizarrely, shot put.
So far at the Broncos, Maranta has rarely had enough open space to prove why he was vice-captain of the Gregory Terrace athletics team.
Maranta even coaches the school's runners part-time.

Perhaps because the educated coaching team is doing an appalling job.

Maranta has gone backwards for the whole year, so why not give Granville a shot? Baptise has been pushing for a spot for years but Hunt has the bench hooker spot sealed.

I can see why Norman will keep his spot even though I don't like it but we don't have a better fullback option. Granville and Baptise however have never got a fair chance from Griffin. There's always some reason to justify why they're not in first grade.

Never given them a fair shot? Please a month ago you would of been one of the who the hell is Granville people. Now he's always deserved a shot.

Making up things retrospectively doesn't help your argument.

Never given them a fair shot? Please a month ago you would of been one of the who the hell is Granville people. Now he's always deserved a shot.

Making up things retrospectively doesn't help your argument.
Go back through my posts if you like, I've been calling for Baptise since way back in 2011, it isn't some new fad just because the team is losing. I've wanted Hunt out of the team for a long time and so what if I didn't know who Granville was a few months ago? I do now and he showed more promise than Hunt has at any point this year.

Hunt is an average bench hooker who is peaked as far as he'll go in that position and he doesn't even want to be a hooker anyway, he wants to be a half.

Meanwhile we have two really good 9's in reserves who would love nothing more than a spot on the bench and to also be hookers but won't get a shot because of Hunt, who isn't exactly a star to begin with.

Last edited:
I don't think we have a NRL standard hooker, fullback or half in our squad so it limits any changes
I can only blame management for this not the players

I am sure Hook has his reasons for playing who who does no matter what.

Clearly, the scoreboard and ladder aren't part of them

Clearly, the scoreboard and ladder aren't part of them
And his u20 favourites play a big part too.
We have won 11 out of the last 32 games, who has Hook dropped that is an established first grader? Why should the players play their best when it's clear to see that Griffin won't drop anyone regardless of poor form.

I would say because he has no
smiley.gif
idea.

So basically Hook just needs to watch The Opposite on Seinfeld.

Congratulations on your ability to look up stats, cos we all know they always paint the full picture.

Yes JYY is playing q cup after one of the most horrific injuries nrl has seem. Lets rush him back in for a season that's basically already over

Well then, speaking of players ...

Interesting how on the Storm's last try, the one where Gillett is supposed to have been half arsed I suppose, you can see a HUGE gap between Gillett and .... Maranta who is standing metres back instead of being up in the line. No wonder Gillett was beated on the outside. 2 on 1.

Also interesting, in who should be first dropped .... when Maranta was sprinting away after the Hodges break, he bloody slowed down with the try line open, which is why the opposite winger nailed him.

Maranta's contest for the ball with Blair? What a half arsed effort? As far as I counted, Maranta cost us 18 points (attack and defence) last night.

Maranta must be the first to go, followed by our genuinely half arsed FB

Kahu to FB, Kemp to wing would be a good start.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Spooky1013
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • NSW stables
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.