[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the same ol’ James Roberts only slower.

Translate this: Kevvie says Xavier is disappointed he's been "rested," but he's sure we'll see him back in a Broncos jersey "before too long."

Load up. The Broncos will win.
Ban Button GIF by swerk

Translate this: Kevvie says Xavier is disappointed he's been "rested," but he's sure we'll see him back in a Broncos jersey "before too long."

yep definitive dropping of Turncoates ... the "before too long" was the telling phrase, as "rested" players would be back next week

I already really liked the team for this week, now I like it more.

Except losing Paix.

No room for Bullemor again?
Am I missing something? 🤔

No Roberts or Joey Leilua
Offa and Mbye benched.

Bad news for us.
The tigers performances this year really gives me confidence in our new recruitment nd retention strategy (attitude 1st, talent 2nd). They have recruited players with awesome talent but poor attitudes and even Maguire (renowned for his toughness and discipline) hasnt been able to get them to tow the line and perform. Prior to bulldogs getting gould I would have said they were a shoe in to get 13th-16th next year, they might get up to 11th at the most now with a fired up side at the start but poor attitude and commitment when the games get hard as teams are prepared for them.

Kev certainly looks much more relaxed and handled the pre-game presser better then he has done previously.
Must be the dust DD & Ikin are sprinkling over him and no doubt how they have now stripped his role right back.
Excellent move from the club, now let's see another on field performance to reflect it!

I think this is the most important game of the season.

The free fall has stopped and now this is really Kev and the clubs chance to show that the ascent has begun. 2 wins in a row. A win over a team that people are expecting us to beat.

A convincing performance that results in the 2 points would be a real line in the sand moment for Kev and the team with an eye for next year when some reinforcements arrive.

I really hope we see Kev learn from his mistakes so far this year under as bad of circumstances as a rookie head coach could have. I don’t think we need to go on an eels ‘09 run to finish the year on a positive. Win the games that we should and be competitive against the teams we just aren’t on the same level as yet. 3-4 wins on this last stretch would be a real success in my eyes and we could chalk the first 16 rounds up to a necessary evil and a harsh learning curve for Kev. The imbalance of our draw and the COVId relocation to QLD has essentially given us a real down hill run to finish the season - there’s no reason we shouldn’t finish with some excitement in the air, regardless of how the ladder looks.

This is the second time this season that I think Kev has selected the best possible team list of available players (assuming Coates has been dropped again and Bullemor is under injury cloud). Now he just needs to get the bench rotation right.

Lessssgo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.