PRE-GAME Round 18 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Yeah at this stage I’d be leaning more toward Herbie then Coates. Whilst Coates seems to have the higher ceiling, Herbie isn’t a defensive liability, Coates’s defensive decision making isn’t very good right now
Yeah, Coates just doesnt seem ready yet. Still only 18.

In Coates’s defence of his defence he is between an out of form winger, a over eager hooker playing halfback and a middle forward playing on the edge it isn’t the best combination. Give him a half and gillett and see how he goes.

Herbie is just as inexperienced he’s only played centre a few times for north’s over the last few weeks he’s been on the wing majority of the time

1.Milford
2.Oates
3.Staggs
4.Coates
5.Issako
6.Boyd
7.Turpin
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Haas
11.Glenn
12.Fifita
13.TPJ
14.Seggy
15.Flegler
16.Offa
17.Carrigan
That’s my team for next week Issako first week back and needs another week imo. Defence needs to be stronger on the right and Fifita will help.
Is gillett still injured 🤕?

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Glenn
5. Coates
6. Boyd
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Pangi
12. Gillett
13. Flagler
14. Segyaro
15. Offa
16. Fifira
17. Carrigan

Play Glenn at right centre. Our right edge was woeful tonight.

1.Milford
2.Oates
3.Staggs
4.Coates
5.Issako
6.Boyd
7.Turpin
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Haas
11.Glenn
12.Fifita
13.TPJ
14.Seggy
15.Flegler
16.Offa
17.Carrigan
That’s my team for next week Issako first week back and needs another week imo. Defence needs to be stronger on the right and Fifita will help.

Isaako has been crud all season. Offers nothing in attack or defence. Now he’s not even goal kicking so we really don’t need him at all. Farnworth has already surpassed him in my opinion. Runs harder and is much safer under the high ball.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Glenn
5. Coates
6. Boyd
7. Turpin
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Pangi
12. Gillett
13. Flagler
14. Segyaro
15. Offa
16. Fifira
17. Carrigan

Play Glenn at right centre. Our right edge was woeful tonight.
I like the idea of Glenn in the centres. I would swap Glenn and Staggs side though, Gillett should fix a lot of the defensive problems. I'd also have Farnworth over Coates at the moment. And if I really had my way I'd drop mccullough... But...

Mal meninga 182cm 107kg
David fafita 186cm 107kg

What do you all think about him making the switch to centre at least in the earlier part of his career? His footwork, speed, strength. Has this crossed anyone else’s mind?

I dont mind that lineup but isn't Herbie better defensively in the centres than Coates..??

That can’t be 100% said Herbie has only played wing. Coates first game at centre last night and he seen a lot of traffic his way but near the end he was defending fairly well.

Mal meninga 182cm 107kg
David fafita 186cm 107kg

What do you all think about him making the switch to centre at least in the earlier part of his career? His footwork, speed, strength. Has this crossed anyone else’s mind?
I wouldn't mind it, although our current centres don't get much quality ball so he could be a waste out there.

That can’t be 100% said Herbie has only played wing. Coates first game at centre last night and he seen a lot of traffic his way but near the end he was defending fairly well.
Because Turpin stopped pushing in all the time and he held his position much better. That made Coates's job in defence much easier.

I wouldn't mind it, although our current centres don't get much quality ball so he could be a waste out there.
He could just come in for a dummy half run (Hodges) style! Wreak havoc

He could just come in for a dummy half run (Hodges) style! Wreak havoc
Very different player from Hodges and I don't think that would be Fifita's strength. I'd still prefer him on an edge running with some shape to our attack at the halves.

Mal meninga 182cm 107kg
David fafita 186cm 107kg

Yep think it's a great option

Very different player from Hodges and I don't think that would be Fifita's strength. I'd still prefer him on an edge running with some shape to our attack at the halves.
Wasn’t comparing the two was just suggesting he could go looking for a bit of work while playing there. Absolutely his best is on the edges but we don’t seem to use them well either atm.

Last edited:
dont ask me....never seen it before yet....look at how they played in the 2nd half...
[automerge]1563017300[/automerge]
if Oates is fit for next week, he can come in for Isaako....Farnsworth plays centre with Staggs and Coates plays wing. If Coates "has" to go back to Q cup then Fifita to centre and Farnsworth on the wing. I see no point whatsoever introducing both these young guys...then leaving them out after only 2 games.....kinda pointless...

Staggs is a better centre than a winger.

Oates return will help make a much needed backline reshuffle. That right edge has been terrible for 2 weeks now. I’d probably give Farnworth a crack at right centre. Hopefully Gillett being there helps too.

Oh and drop Macca

I would definitely be starting Herbie over Isaako going foward. From the very little I have seen of him he looks a far better prospect than Isaako. You can't teach size and Herbie is a big lad. I think he has a bright future.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
  • Aldo
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • theshed
  • Behold
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • Bronx48
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.