Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Dean Pay whinging about losing the penalty count (which he thinks is ridiculous) and the penalty try (which he also thinks is ridiculous)

I have news for you Mr Pay ... If you don't want to lose penalty counts, then instruct your team to stop deliberately giving away penalties as a defensive tactic ...

Also Mr Pay, have you actually watched any rugby league this year ... The current interpretation for a penalty try (which they have been ruling for the entire season) is that it is a penalty try if in the referees opinion a try would have been scored if not for the infringment .... And what your player did was a blatant professional foul, there is no doubt that if not for this Oates would have scored.

You should have had 2 penalties in a row against you from kick offs ... The kick off after the one that went out on the full, should have been a shot clock penalty ... The buzzer clearly sounded 5 seconds before your team kicked the ball, but Cummins didn't have the balls to penalize you for it

Last edited:
Dean Pay whinging about losing the penalty count (which he thinks is ridiculous) and the penalty try (which he also thinks is ridiculous)

I have news for you Mr Pay ... If you don't want to lose penalty counts, then instruct your team to stop deliberately giving away penalties as a defensive tactic ...

Also Mr Pay, have you actually watched any rugby league this year ... The current interpretation for a penalty try (which they have been ruling for the entire season) is that it is a penalty try if in the referees opinion a try would have been scored if not for the infringment .... And what your player did was a blatant professional foul, there is no doubt that if not for this Oates would have scored.

You should have had 2 penalties in a row against you from kick offs ... The kick off after the one that went out on the full, should have been a shot clock penalty ... The buzzer clearly sounded 5 seconds before your team kicked the ball, but Cummins didn't have the balls to penalize you for it
I think the shot clock was ignored on that kickoff because the ball was late being delivered so, beyond the Dogs control.

A good performance and win no doubt. Bulldogs are mud though.

Good return to form for Isaako, I thought that was Staggs best game in first grade (despite the shit kicking) an also Carrigan's best game in first grade (@Wolfie), he actually bent the line today and made a bunch of good runs.

I thought Patty was better last week.

He was fine. Wouldn't say he played 'well'. He had some good touches without doubt but he drifts in and out of the game. Way too many sets where he didn't touch the ball at all. Not good enough for a 5/8th with over 300 games experience... He had less touches than Turpin.
I would say he played well. He set up two tries, tackled hard and led our attack well. Perhaps not great as Milford did most of the kicking but good.

My Sharks mate tells me that Birdy won't be here next year with a plan already in place to move on in the off season. He claims we'll pay a bit but not a lot as Bird is seen as quality and will attract a good offer if one hasn't already been made. He(my mate) has a lifetime connection with the shire and gets his info from someone with a close connection down south. Something about Dugan moving on or out or over to England for a payday.

I'm not claiming it's golden, it's just interesting.

Pls be true.

How are Souths looking this week mate? I’m thinking of tipping against them

What a weird question. The last Souths game I watched was when they beat us by about 30 points so I have no idea how they’re looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all those missed conversions tonight I wouldn’t mind giving Isaako another go at goal kicking. Staggs may be a gun in attack but unless it’s dead centre, he can’t kick for crap.
Maybe set them up either side of the goals , staggs left isaako right.

Good return to form for Isaako, I thought that was Staggs best game in first grade (despite the shit kicking) an also Carrigan's best game in first grade (@Wolfie), he actually bent the line today and made a bunch of good runs.
Carrigan is working his way nicely into first grade. He has been better each week. Not Haas level of progression but that's a high bar.

Wow. We beat the Bulldogs (who were in it for more than half the game) it's still the same bunch of blokes that can miss 50 tackles in a game. I wouldn't be getting too excited.

ok mate, thanks.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.