Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Post Match Discussion

I'd happily keep Maranta in the side if it means we **** Norman off now. Maranta might be a gumby but at least he has a go. We had a real crack tonight but letting in soft tries and a lack of class and composure in key positions hurts us yet again. The very fact that we are yet to make one single signing to rectify this makes me depressed.

Disagree.

At least Norman has some skill to actually score/setup a try. Maranta has done absolutely nothing ever since he put on the Bronco's jersey. Nothing at all. I can't actually think of one good game he has played for us. Actually can't think of one good play that he's been involved in...

That is scary!

Edit: Norman can still go and get fucked though. Should have been pulled months ago.

Last edited:
Disagree.

At least Norman has some skill to actually score/setup a try. Maranta has done absolutely nothing ever since he put on the Bronco's jersey. Nothing at all. I can't actually think of one good game he has played for us. Actually can't think of one good play that he's been involved in...

That is scary!

he has blinding speed ready to be unleashed. broncos x factor 2012

i feel like everythings been said already.

i was sat down on the dead ball line so didnt really get a good perspective of the game, but it felt like we should of won.

wallace is just painfully slow in attack, and norman must get out of our side.

there were positives from teh game, they've already been mentioned. i do feel like the majority of this team is really trying. right now im just disappointed again.

Last edited:
... and didn't Norman again hog the ball out wide when the pass was the better option?

Way too harsh on princes performance ATTACK WISE tonight, he was the only player in a broncos jersey that looked dangerous with ball in hand besides Josh Hoffman and for a brief period, McCullough. I'm not saying I want him in the side long term, but this thread is dedicated to tonight's game and he played his heart out. He's a fucking woeful defender though, my god. Some of the bombs that were put up tonight were fucking appalling and why on earth does Hala receive the ball on the last and put in a grubber? What kind of bullshit is that?

Oates is definitely a player we should invest in, he is solid in defence and has a great running game. ****, put him on the wing over maranta if Kahu is injured. I couldn't help but laugh when maranta received the ball with 3 sharks defenders in front of him. Was waiting to see what he'd do and he pretty much threw away the ball, just an utter sack of shit. DROP HIM!!!

I want to tie Corey Norman to a massive block of concrete and push him off the story bridge. The guy is a pea heart, pea brain and honestly, not even that talented.

McGuire was just epic, massive wrap for him tonight, played his guts out.

Hunt needs on going time in the halves, that's just plain and simple to see.

Prince in attack "looked" dangerous, yes. He skipped and jumped, and sweated and dummied and ran side to side but what plays did he set up?

Compare him to Carney? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Prince is only effective in structured, set plays with quality runners (running straight not side to side). He is certainly not suited to Griffin's coaching style.

I had such high hopes for him at the start of the season.

In any case we will never sign a player like Carney unless in the rarest of cases he is a choir boy

Last edited:
Anyone but Norman.

One thing I miss about Hoffmann from the back is that he really ran the ball back hard, none of Norman's dancing around and slowly crumpling to the ground.

If Hala and Norman had a foot race, I'd back Hala

Todd Carney was the difference tonight setting up tries and breaking the line, just shows how having a quality five-eighth can be such a bonus to a team.

K HUNT!

He can't make 1st grade in AFL. Surely he'd consider coming back if we throw big money at him!

"To the players credit they never stopped trying, never stopped believing, and they all earned the right to wear that jersey tonight" - Anthony Griffin at the press conference.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes it is sad. the broncos have always had good finishers in fb's and wingers. but now........(well there is Scott Minto...but I digress...)

Maranta and Norman just have to go...It is irrelevant if we win periods of the meter game if someone cant catch or run fast and put the ball down like those two fools...How many tries does Maranta need to stuff up to see he is not a winger or anyone who should be called on to score....It is merely the winger's job description to at least try to score if you get the ball on the fifth, five meters out.

Did anyone see the last play before half time. Hunt has a go and kicks cross to the winger and either Maranta is really slow or he has no try scoring potential...oh hang on ...........

Yeah Griffin didn't say one bad word about anyone at the presser, said we played good, great effort from all 17, he said our composure on the offensive side of things improved as well.. I honestly can't tell if he's delusional or he is just covering peoples asses.. people have to get the axe.

Active Now

• cento
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.