Round 18 - Broncos vs Warriors

Even using him to start the game then a knik style super sub to help add spark would be better than 80 minutes Macca. Love the bloke, but he’s killing milfs career.

This. Been saying it for ages, people complain about Milf not controlling games...and then Macca doesn't give him the fucking ball when A. he demands it and B. when there is something on down his side. He inexplicably goes the other way.

Even using him to start the game then a knik style super sub to help add spark would be better than 80 minutes Macca. Love the bloke, but he’s killing milfs career.

The way we used to? I’d love to go back to that, question is who comes in at #7 to lead us I to the finals? Probably a move that needed to be done many weeks ago.

Good game boys. Thanks for returning the 2 points we handed you guys in our first meeting this year.

Something I didn't consider going into this one - it was a revenge game. Warriors began their patchy form not long after that loss.

Stick it, though.

This. Been saying it for ages, people complain about Milf not controlling games...and then Macca doesn't give him the fucking ball when A. he demands it and B. when there is something on down his side. He inexplicably goes the other way.
Or if he does it’s a shit pass over his shoulder or behind him

Not like our halves were great.

They were as great as the rest of the team (and the opposition) allowed them to be. Milf tried his heart out and was solid in defence for the most part. Kodi tried but he is simply ineffective. He left it far too late to start making poking runs through the line.

The way he plays you could just use him
In the rotation at #17, but we all know what we get from Macca and have long since made peace with it.
The real issue is the club refuses to even consider other options. Granville gets token minutes then leaves. Parcell gets token minutes then leaves. Since then our back ups have been players that no other club wants to sign. This year McCullough was coming off serious injury, there were multiple cheap, solid 9s available, the squad gets extended to 30 and our depth options are a converted half who isn't even first grade quality as a half and Jake Turpin, a guy who everybody on this forum had to google to find out who he was.

Voting for the best players in this game is going to be tough. Can't even think of three guys who played well.

Good game boys. Thanks for returning the 2 points we handed you guys in our first meeting this year.
Not sure you just handed them to us as I recall we played well and won fair and square. Anyway, you guys were on fire today and absolutely smashed us to pieces. Well deserved win mate.

This may be the post thrashing rage talking, but anyone else think the best 10 minutes of our game were the 10 Macca was in the bin?

Something I didn't consider going into this one - it was a revenge game. Warriors began their patchy form not long after that loss.

Stick it, though.
Yep, that and the Broncos always find a way to lose the 'must win' kind of games.
Usually at home in front of a packed house and a spot in the finals or similar riding on it. We were down on troops and had a few backing up after origin....They need to be up for it next week so hopefully this loss will hurt enough to kick start them.

Not sure you just handed them to us as I recall we played well and won fair and square. Anyway, you guys were on fire today and absolutely smashed us to pieces. Well deserved win mate.
TBH i think both teams were poor today, just that the Broncos were worse than us today. Hopefully both improve before the finals, and both have a lot to work on.

Yep, that and the Broncos always find a way to lose the 'must win' kind of games.
Usually at home in front of a packed house and a spot in the finals or similar riding on it. We were down on troops and had a few backing up after origin....They need to be up for it next week so hopefully this loss will hurt enough to kick start them.

Said that too many times this year, to be honest, my heart is starting to not be in it. I'll always have that little voice telling me the Broncos can win no matter what and always be a finals chance, but it's just about sunk in that we're not going to become consistent and that the mentality of the team won't solidify any time soon - something is off there, maybe Wayne doesn't even know what it is.

TBH i think both teams were poor today, just that the Broncos were worse than us today. Hopefully both improve before the finals, and both have a lot to work on.

Your mob piled on in tackles, ours made pathetic grab tackles and let you guys offload all day. You have a variety in attack, we don't. Warriors were not poor today, outplayed us in just about every way. My one whinge would be your team was allowed to lay all over us, and we were penalized a lot in the first half for the same thing, so your boys got a roll on and we didn't. And whenever we did, we dropped the ball and fucked up.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.